Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 02-12-2005, 04:50 PM   #1
Jack5

mood swings (what do I do?)

I know that none of you know me very well at all, but lately i have been having severe mood swings, and i keep shifting from, depressed to angery to empty, i cant stand it, it bugs the fuck out of me! How do i deal with it? (Im Male so its not the time of the month! :!: )

ps. the poll may be weird but ive never made one before... :oops:
Jack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 10:34 AM   #2
drgnlvr

I had a Doc give me some incredibly wonderful advice not too long ago, and I feel obligated to pass it on....

For years, I was treated for depression. But all the anti-depressants I had never did any good. In fact, most were worse than useless (One of them put me into major crying jags, in fact). Come to find out, I'm not depressed, I'm bi-polar. Just not text-book.

But it is (fortunately) a milder form (cyclo-thiamic). However, most scripts leave me empty; devoid of emotion. And the damn things take 3 weeks before they actually give any results.

I consider myself fortunate in that my Doc likes to take a holistic approach when it comes to some things. He suggested I try the fish-oil caps.

Here's the benefits...first off, it's natural, and good for your heart. Second...and this is the best reason...the results are instant. You don't have to wait 3 weeks before they kick in. And one or two caps a day keep me steady, and not so empty. They're also cheap.

You might give those a try.
drgnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 12:10 PM   #3
WolfMoon

Next time your moods swings, try to catch it.

:wink:
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 12:13 PM   #4
drgnlvr

I tried that, but wasn't fast enough, and got smacked in the nose by the swing! :P
Old 02-17-2005, 12:19 PM   #5
WolfMoon

Maybe you should try a net next time.

:mrgreen:
Old 02-17-2005, 12:35 PM   #6
drgnlvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
Maybe you should try a net next time.

:mrgreen:
Now why didn't I think of that! :lol:
Old 02-21-2005, 10:07 AM   #7
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Because that's what noses are for? Duh!
To suck it up?

:wink:
Old 02-22-2005, 10:14 AM   #8
AlKilyu

http://tinypic.com/1t1uv9

there.
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 10:20 AM   #9
AlKilyu

What?...that's offensive?
Old 02-22-2005, 10:37 AM   #10
winged_dreams

Al that was great. It could offend some people but I try making light of my depression (although I hate it so much).

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 10:51 AM   #11
AlKilyu

I fixed it...sorry.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:00 AM   #12
winged_dreams

That's still quite amusing. That little Zoloft guy is so cute! He's so cute when he bounces (Yes, I like the commercials because of the cute little blob)

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 12:14 PM   #13
AlKilyu

Thanks, but avoid Zoloft. Not because of that douchebag who killed his family and blamed it, but because the side effects are nasty. They say Paxil is offered after Zoloft and Prozac are tried and failed, but I think they should go straight to that shit, cause it works and has so very few side effects.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:59 PM   #14
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
Thanks, but avoid Zoloft. Not because of that douchebag who killed his family and blamed it, but because the side effects are nasty. They say Paxil is offered after Zoloft and Prozac are tried and failed, but I think they should go straight to that shit, cause it works and has so very few side effects.
Al, I love ya.

And ya know how PRO punishment for criminals I am.

However, that ' douchebag ' was a 12 year old little boy.

No previous violent behavior towards others.

Four months ago, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration began requiring medications like Zoloft, known as selective serotonin uptake inhibitors, to carry a warning of increased risk of suicidal behavior among young people. In Canada, the drugs carry an additional warning of a potential increase in hostility, aggression and "harm to others."

But fucking Pfizer has so much liability on the line they wont put the additional mandatory warning of increased aggressive behavior and hostility on their warning label here in the US.

They have known about these increased risks for more than TWENTY YEARS. And no one did shit. Kids that were NEVER violent and NEVER suicidal suddendly become so as a side effect to these psychotrophic drugs.

' A long-secret portion of a 1983 Pfizer document reported that one patient had been taken off Zoloft during a clinical trial. The portion of the report that had been in the public domain from 1983 to 2004 indicated only that the patient was taken off the drug because of treatment failure and nausea, anorexia and painful urination.

The newly released section further explained that the same patient had developed thoughts of killing himself and others, according to the paper. "[The patient] began to verbalize feelings of killing other people and then himself," a physician involved with the 1983 clinical trial wrote at the time. '

The poor kid in this new case attempted suicide after being on another anti-depressant so they put him on Zoloft, which he IMMEDIATELY also began reacting to as well.

He told the nurse it felt like something was burning him from the inside all over his body, TWO WEEKS before the murders.

A recognizable allergic side effect.

His doctors response was to double his dosage.

And do nothing about the reported side efefcts the nurse recorded.

His relatives testified he couldn't sit still suddendly. He couldn't stop shaking, or talking incessantly.

He started to hear voices and hallucinate.

Then he did the most heinous thing imaginable and killed his granparents.

All of the warning signs were there and his Doctors and Nurses ignored them all.

He was TWELVE.

When this case went to trial last month he was fifteen.

You look at pictures of him, and its easy to forget that this grown looking young man was just a little kid when this happened.

Obviously they forgot it too.

He got 30 years, and Pfizer gets away with murder again.

I mean FUCK, Canada has to warn its citizens about the risks, but OUR CITIZENS, OUR CHILDREN aren't worth protecting??

It makes me so fucking mad I could scream.

All for money.

Our kids are disposable for money.

Our families are disposable for MONEY.

When does it fucking end?

How many more kids and families have to die before something changes and major drug cartels like Pfizer ( yeah I said Cartels, cuz thats what they are ) are held accountable for their denial to full disclose and give TRUE informed consent to the people that take these mind-altering drugs.

/ End Rant
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 01:25 PM   #15
AlKilyu

Ah yes points well taken.

The shaking...I think I have that as a leftover result of that stuff. I myself am not for the product, as I've said before Paxil should be first in line for recommendations...
Old 02-22-2005, 02:28 PM   #16
drgnlvr

How utterly tragic! I don't remember hearing about this story. (*shames*)

But well made rant, EPS.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:39 PM   #17
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgnlvr
How utterly tragic! I don't remember hearing about this story. (*shames*)

But well made rant, EPS.
Do a search for ' Zoloft Murders ' Dragon.

It's a very sad case.

*Hugs Al*

Wasn't ranting at you per say, it's just a situtation very close to my heart.

Our children's lives should be worth more to these motherfuckers.

:x
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 03:13 PM   #18
Disfunction

I've been on zoloft and paxil, never prozac... I was also on celexa. Paxil had... some... not fun side-effects... as did celexa and I was never on zoloft long enough to have anything happen... Man... coming off of all of them was hell though... Lithium later as well as resperidal... and now nothing... I'm fine with nothing... still shit, but better than.. yeah.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 08:39 PM   #19
AlKilyu

What side effects did Paxil give you?
Old 02-22-2005, 10:55 PM   #20
drgnlvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfunction
I've been on zoloft and paxil, never prozac... I was also on celexa. Paxil had... some... not fun side-effects... as did celexa and I was never on zoloft long enough to have anything happen... Man... coming off of all of them was hell though... Lithium later as well as resperidal... and now nothing... I'm fine with nothing... still shit, but better than.. yeah.
Dis, I was serious about those fish-oil ccaps. They'll help some, and you won't get those nasty side effects.
Old 02-23-2005, 04:51 AM   #21
Disfunction

Unfortunately, moralistically speaking, I can't take them. *shrugs* it comes with being a vegetarian that doesn't want to make exceptions. Bitch to get non-leather items...

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 05:17 AM   #22
drgnlvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfunction
Unfortunately, moralistically speaking, I can't take them. *shrugs* it comes with being a vegetarian that doesn't want to make exceptions. Bitch to get non-leather items...
Ahhh.. My apologies, then. Let me see what I can find out about something veggie-based that might have the saem effects?
Old 02-23-2005, 05:22 AM   #23
drgnlvr

SCORE!

Quote:
Plant sources of omega-3 fatty acids

* Therapeutic levels of EPA and DHA are not possible from plants fat sources
* EPA and DHA are found predominantly in fatty fish
* Flaxseed-oil, hempseed-oil, walnuts, canola oil, soybeans and soy-oil are rich sources of ALA
* 1 tablespoon of flaxseed-oil per day will provide a vegetarian/vegan an optimum amount of ALA
* EPA & DHA may be synthesized from ALA in the following simplified reaction sequence:
o ALA --> --> --> EPA --> DHA
* The following advice for people following a plant-based diet will optimize the conversion of ALA to EPA and DHA:
o Consume a rich source(s) of ALA, as listed above, daily
o Limit consumption of linoleic acid (LA), an omega-6 essential fatty acid prevalent in corn oil, sunflower oil, safflower oil and oils generally referred to as vegetable oil. These fats compete for the enzymes used in the FA conversion.
o Avoid trans-fatty acids (fats found in margarines and many processed foods) and saturated fatty acids as they interfere with the conversion
o Consume optimum amounts of magnesium, zinc and vitamins B3, B6, biotin and C. These nutrients are required for the conversion.
o Minimize alcohol, which can interfere with the process.
* There are DHA supplements suitable for vegetarians derived from algae and in vegetable-based gelcaps, as follows:
o NuTru's O-Mega-Zen3
o Pangea
o Vegan Essentials
* There are currently no plant based EPA supplements of the market although some research suggests that DHA from supplementation can be retro-converted into EPA at a rate of about 10% (J Nutr 1996 Dec;126(12):3032-9)
Info and links here
Old 02-25-2005, 01:58 PM   #24
drgnlvr

:oops: Awww, thanks!

I'm no Dear Abby, but I've always been of the opinion that it's good Karma to offer help whenever you can, in whatever capacity you can.

It might not change the world, but it will make it a little better, one person at a time, yes?
Old 02-25-2005, 06:41 PM   #25
WolfMoon

Damn EPS,

I had no idea that other people had the same side effects on Zoloft as me.I was this close >-< to climbing in a warm tub with a razor blame in my third trimester with Lilith.I was taking my zoloft religeously.I'm on Paxil right now, cuz Prozac's unsafe to take while preggers.

Prozac's the only one I haven't had any ill side effects from.My temper's a lil short sometimes with the paxil, but mostly I'm fine.