Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 10-17-2009, 08:55 PM   #1876
the-nihilist

I've been drinking, but I think I still have some judgment left.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:27 AM   #1877
Still Jack

I found out yesterday that my dad did morphine in the 70's...
Old 10-18-2009, 12:25 PM   #1878
DRM

My boyfriend broke up with me because I'm "too liberal" for him. WTF!? Did he not listen to me when we talked politics or did he just exspect me to sell out all my believes to makehim happy!?
This is suck-ish. I'm not sure if I'm more angry or sad.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:33 PM   #1879
Not Tha Duckman

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
I found out yesterday that my dad did morphine in the 70's...
Shit, son, everyone did morphine in the fucking 70's.
Not Tha Duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 04:30 PM   #1880
the-nihilist

They did a lot more than morphine from what I've heard.
Old 10-18-2009, 04:55 PM   #1881
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM View Post
My boyfriend broke up with me because I'm "too liberal" for him. WTF!? Did he not listen to me when we talked politics or did he just exspect me to sell out all my believes to makehim happy!?
This is suck-ish. I'm not sure if I'm more angry or sad.
Be angry, would you want to be with someone who thinks there's such thing as "too liberal?"

I like getting into heated political debates with significant others, its the only kind of political debate in which there is a good chance of angrily making out or having sex afterwards.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 05:06 PM   #1882
Saya

Rant: I'm in need of new clothes but bone broke until Friday (rent went up and is it just me or is the cost of living just going up? I got on better when I made even less than I do three years ago.), so my roommate was going through her closet today and said she had a bunch of pants that didn't fit anymore and I could have them if they fit.

Only one pair of pants would stay on at all, the others, as soon as I pulled them up, down they went again. The reason I need new clothes now too is that my pants are a lot looser around the waist, they slide down a lot. I don't get it, I gained weight but went down in pant size?
Old 10-18-2009, 05:30 PM   #1883
Mir

Don't get mad, get high, go get even, go get your shit back, then tell that lying hoe you leaving.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:42 PM   #1884
SweetJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Rant: I'm in need of new clothes but bone broke until Friday (rent went up and is it just me or is the cost of living just going up? I got on better when I made even less than I do three years ago.), so my roommate was going through her closet today and said she had a bunch of pants that didn't fit anymore and I could have them if they fit.

Only one pair of pants would stay on at all, the others, as soon as I pulled them up, down they went again. The reason I need new clothes now too is that my pants are a lot looser around the waist, they slide down a lot. I don't get it, I gained weight but went down in pant size?

Aw. I'll understand if you go around not wearing pants. I'm sorry things are difficult... the cost of houseing here has gone up really fast, espicially in the winter last year. I had to help a few friends move everything out of their rent-hiked apartments late at night so no one would notice them leaving.

Maybe someone can tailor your pants for you so they fit better?
Old 10-18-2009, 10:36 PM   #1885
SweetJane

It sounds like some ignorant assholes are racing motorcycles up and down the street outside my house. Goddamned it, it's 12:38 on a Sunday night.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:15 PM   #1886
The Divine Ms. M

Basically gave up my day to sit w/my friend, her bf & a small group of people (who were nice but I only knew 1 of) in an AA type thing in a church. Sigh...
The Divine Ms. M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:52 PM   #1887
the-nihilist

It's almost 2 in the morning and I can't sleep. It's gonna be a great day at work tomorrow.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:00 AM   #1888
Still Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Tha Duckman View Post
True I suppose.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:07 AM   #1889
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Tha Duckman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
True I suppose.
Nope. Alcohol, pot, hash, speed and acid here, but no morphine or any injectables. None of my friends did either. Must just be everyone YOU knew back then.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:54 AM   #1890
Ben Lahnger

I'm annoyed as hell at the self-centered reality-show-wannabe ignoramus that launched that silver saucer-shaped weather balloon and started the "balloon boy" hoax that got the world's attention on Thursday. This guy is clearly no Mr. Wizard.

Now the parents face possible felony charges including conspiracy, contributing to the delinquency of a minor and attempting to influence a public servant. Some of the most serious charges each carry a maximum sentence of six years in prison and a $500,000 fine. In addition, investigators may have uncovered emails indicating other conspirators were involved in this doofus' attempt to promote himself as a potential reality show. And authorities will attempt to recover the costs associated with the rescue efforts tied to the televised 40 mile rogue balloon flight.

I don't want children separated from their parents (idiots though they are) unless the relationship proves detrimental to the children. So I'm not in favor of them going to jail, per se. But they need to pay. And I want them to not profit or benefit from this hoax. If the case goes to court, I would love to see a ruling that includes paying back the cost of the rescue attempt, some community service, a public apology, maybe a little term of probation ... and the stipulation that if they get a reality TV show or book deal or some other money making opportunity as a result of this stunt, that all proceeds the parents would reap should be divided between college tuition accounts for the children and donations to charity.

No way this "rocket scientist" should profit from this damned crap.

I wonder if any resources were not available to someone with a real crisis while this foolishness was being played out?

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:00 AM   #1891
Saya

I have friends who are so absolutely obsessed with the balloon hoax thing that they looked up the Wife Swap episode that they were on, and are taking bets as to whether the mom will dump the dad (apparently he's been in trouble for domestic violence) and try to get a show out of it.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:05 PM   #1892
Jaye Jang

Okay, my rant for the day. I woke up sick this morning. Yuch! Since I work in a hospital, I cannot go in to work due to the H1N1 (swine flu) freakout. (It's kind of a dam*ed if you do dam*ed if you don't situation. If I go in I get written up for coming in sick and if I don't I get written up for an 'unexcused absence'). Yaay. I'm screwed. I tried to get up and get ready anyway, just in case this was just a passing thing. Not a good game plan. I jammed my toes on the shower so hard I almost broke a few. I figured, if I can't even climb into the shower without hurting myself, climbing into my car and driving to work without hurting someone else is not an option. So, I had to call my boss (who was planning to write me up anyway, on general principles, and was happy to hear that I had just added more 'fuel to her fire') and I made the cheerful discovery that my normally deep (I sing contralto) voice came out like Beaker on The Muppet Show. I'm sure she was REALLY impressed. So, my job is probably 'history', if not outright 'toast.'

However, even though life has handed me a lemon, *sniff, sniff* I will NOT go out into the desert and slice my wrists with a dull spoon -- not even in proper Goff fashion (i.e. using a soup spoon for maximum effect -- preferably black, preferably plastic, and preferably recyclable-- right?). Since suicide is 'a very permanent solution to a very temporary problem' (I cooked that little gem up, myself. Aren't I just good?), I will, instead, crawl back into bed with my little drawing pad and console myself with drawing pix of some of the more interesting denizens of Gnet -- like say, AsylumVoid. That is while I still have a bed. 'nuff said. (I'm rambling. You'd think I was sick or something).

BTW -- Ben, I agree with you on the whole 'balloon hoax' thing. That was sooo lame.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:09 PM   #1893
Methadrine

When life hands you a lemon, just squeeze it in a big glass of rum & coke. Problem solved, atleast temporary if it was a really, really big glass.

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:23 PM   #1894
Jaye Jang

Thanks meth. Hmmm. Large glass, hot lemonade, lots of honey. Might help the throat.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:24 PM   #1895
Jaye Jang

Saya, do you have some really cool belts you could wear with those pants?
Old 10-19-2009, 03:53 PM   #1896
Saya

Nope, I own no belts! This would be the fourth pair of pants I own, and the only pair of jeans. I'm a skirt person.

I forgot my umbrella today and had to walk in the rain as I was. I had a hood but the rain was really really cold and I was soaked when I came in. Luckily the roommate wasn't home so I just stripped as soon as I got in the door, it was a liberating feeling. A cold cold liberating feeling.

If this winter is going to be as bad as they say they are, I'm going to have to buy a skidoo suit to walk to work.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:59 PM   #1897
LetheanBlacklight

3 down, how many to go... hmm
Old 10-19-2009, 04:14 PM   #1898
Jaye Jang

[quote=Saya;573489]Nope, I own no belts! This would be the fourth pair of pants I own, and the only pair of jeans. I'm a skirt person.

Try shredding one of your least favorite pairs and braiding a belt, or just wearing them under your skirt. (That's been done).

My new rant -- I broke my favorite 'tech' pencil (they're waay expensive). Didn't even know it. Also found out I left my kit bag in the car when it was really, really hot and made the interesting discovery that my lead holders melted. My 4B leads are actually bent!! Hmmm. Interesting. Didn't know leads would do that. (Note to self: Don't leave the kit bag in the car anymore). So the drawings will have to wait. What to do. What to do. Hmmm. Guess I'll have to finish the afghan I started ..or start working on a new block print design. Just hope I did'nt melt my nib holder.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:38 PM   #1899
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaye Jang View Post
Thanks meth. Hmmm. Large glass, hot lemonade, lots of honey. Might help the throat.
I've heard chicken soup was the best decongestant...

As for me, my red scare is on its way and for some reason, I have a more intense PMS than what is normal. I also really dig a friend of mine but he lives like 2 hours away and we both have a lot on our plates (We have a lot in common and can make each other laugh).

It's kind of a mixed bag because I have more time to get to know myself, work through my flaws and figure out what I'm really after in someone. The flipside is that I have to accept that I can't always get what I want, I can't rush things and a lack of a relationship doesn't mean that I'm not a whole person. I've done fine without them but sometimes at the back of my mind, I wonder if I'm missing out by not being paired up or if I like the idea of being loved rather than loving and being loved.

I also really want some beef saimin.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:08 PM   #1900
Solumina

So I had a fun weekend. While working HOS on Saturday a woman decided to try and grab my hat, hard enough that she was grabbing my scalp, essentially to show her child that we workers are subhuman and that they as guest can do whatever they want and she said as much. Naturally I grabbed the hat so that she couldn't pull it off of my head and told her that she is not allowed to touch employees, she responded by laughing in my face and tried to take another swipe at my hat. I dodged, completely broke character, and rather forcefully restated that she was not to touch employees and that she needed to leave, she moved on while continuing to laugh. Naturally I went to the nearest park-ops person and we followed her out so that security could deal with her. The bitch at first claimed she had done nothing wrong, then she claimed that this is ridiculous guests should be allowed to touch workers as she was "just trying to help her scared child" (who was five and just looked completely vacant the whole time) and that there was nothing indicating that she couldn't touch us. The security guy had to try not to laugh as he explained that there were signs, all lit up, all larger than her torso, and all impossible not to see (though a surprisingly large number of people seem to not read them). I got to sit there as security filled out an indecent report.
Five minutes later the man in her group ("not her husband but just some guy who met her in line") came over saying that he was an attorney and that they would be charging me with assault for supposedly grabbing her shirt when I told her not to touch employees. The two teenage girls with them ("not their daughters") gave witness statements saying that I had grabbed her shirt. Security was forced to treat their claim as if it were true despite the fact that these people were clearly talking out of their asses to try and intimidate me and the park to keep themselves from getting in trouble so the cops were called over. I got to sit outside in the cold while all of this is going on, in my less than warm costume so I was freezing, my stage manager came out and stayed with me the whole time though and did offer me hot coco and tried to find somewhere at least out of the wind where I could stay.
After about 45 min I was told that I could go back inside and either go back to work, take a(n unpaid) break, or go home early. Turns out my scheduled break was in 15 min so the girl in charge of sending us on break told me to just take my break than and that I don't need to clock out or anything, she would just take care of it and fill out a missed punch form later. She also let one of the other workers take an extra 15 min break so that she could stay with me as I was upset and still didn't know what was going on (as the cops here have a reputation for siding with guests).
After about my hour long break (it was scheduled for 45 min anyway) I went back in but changed my position a bit sp that I was in a larger space. I fully admit that for about the next hour my scares were not my best and that I was staying as far away from guest as I could but after about an hour I got comfortable with it and was back to normal. By the end of the night I still hadn't heard anything so I just went home.
I went in yesterday and was told that no charges were being filed against me as A) There was no evidence that I had touched her B) Even if I had done what she said it still wouldn't have been assault as it was grabbing her shirt after she grabbed my head and C) It was pretty clear that they were full of shit. So everything turned out okay but as far as first problems with guest go this was pretty major and I was a bit rattled, thankfully the staff was pretty awesome and really supportive, at least everyone other than the park-ops person who hadn’t been where they were supposed to be (not the girl who followed the guest out with me, she was awesome) so there was no staff who could back up my side of the story.

I hate the park-ops who don't do their job and most of them don't (but hey what can you expect when they get no real training and are paid crap) and I hate that guests act like we aren't people, I know that is relatively common in just about all service jobs but for some reason we get an awful lot of people who like to touch us, throw stuff at us, get up in our faces, yell in our ears, and occasionally knock us out (thankfully we haven't had any intentional knock out this year and only two accidental ones), I just don't get it.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote