Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 11-28-2009, 07:03 AM   #201
MissCheyenne

I walked EVERYWHERE when I was losing weight. I really should take it up again since I've put some weight on recently. I never went to a gym, can't stand them and I still manged to lose a whole lot of weight just through healthy eating and walking.
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 07:09 AM   #202
Anarasha

I really and honestly thank you all for the constructive and intelligent suggestions. Rice thingies - fantastic idea.
As for biking - I am too heavy to find one that can carry me. No shit, my brother was the same size as I am now once, his last bike broke down under his weight.
As for workout videos - Meh. They cost as much as a month's membership at the gym I'm afraid. So I am just gonna go for the gym instead ^^ But honestly, thanks everyone.
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 07:19 AM   #203
JCC

Also, this may sound like the answer to everything from some of the people on this board, but go vegan. Not necessarily long-term, but animal products are anathema if you're trying to trim down.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 07:24 AM   #204
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarasha View Post
As for workout videos - Meh. They cost as much as a month's membership at the gym I'm afraid.
Have you lost your wits? Since when does a video or dvd cost that much? And have you not heard of Ebay? Plus there are website showing videos or provide simple instructons on exercise for absolutely nothing.

Seriously, STOP. You're making yet more excuses to put it off and they don't wash. The net is full of videos, fuck, look on youtube there's got to be some on there as well. Just shift furniture and delicate items out of the way so you have a bit of room and play the vids while copying the moves as best you can.

Even dancing is good so find some vids for that as well. Do it when no one is home or when everyone is alseep ( have the sound off ) if you feel embarrassed.

http://exercise.about.com/cs/cardiow...a/10minute.htm

Read that. And on the right if you scroll down there are a couple of videos. Under them it say's "more videos" Click it and watch them. Then try a few.

I tried a couple of the pilates moves right here on the spare room floor. It's not exactly rocket science to find a free internet video, watch it and copy it.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 07:47 AM   #205
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
Also, this may sound like the answer to everything from some of the people on this board, but go vegan. Not necessarily long-term, but animal products are anathema if you're trying to trim down.
Not really, especially for someone who has no real concept of how to lose weight.

I was going to have a piece of steak for breakfast, but now that I'm vegan and losing weight, I'll just have a few doughnuts!

...no.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 08:20 AM   #206
Anarasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
Have you lost your wits? Since when does a video or dvd cost that much? And have you not heard of Ebay? Plus there are website showing videos or provide simple instructons on exercise for absolutely nothing.
In Denmark, workout videos cost that much last I checked o.o
As for Ebay, if I bought anything from there, chances are it would be from America, and that would make shipping cost more than the product(Okay, maybe not, but you get the point)
As for the youtube videos, I never thought those to be any good, but if you say they are, then I trust you know what you are talking about and will therefore try them out.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:43 AM   #207
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarasha View Post
As for the youtube videos, I never thought those to be any good
Probably not if you're already very fit and training for something. But for beginners, basically anything that gets your heart pounding and makes you break a sweat is doing you good.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 08:44 AM   #208
Anarasha

True dat. toodamnedshort
Old 11-28-2009, 09:13 AM   #209
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
Not really, especially for someone who has no real concept of how to lose weight.

I was going to have a piece of steak for breakfast, but now that I'm vegan and losing weight, I'll just have a few doughnuts!

...no.
That could be applied to anything. Would you argue with me if I said he shouldn't eat fatty foods, because he could just decide to make up for it with too many carbohydrates? I think you're just being difficult.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:29 AM   #210
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
That could be applied to anything. Would you argue with me if I said he shouldn't eat fatty foods, because he could just decide to make up for it with too many carbohydrates? I think you're just being difficult.
Difficult for whom?

Anyway, it's a common mistake, and I've seen people do it before. Particularly people who don't know how to lose weight.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:50 AM   #211
JCC

Quote:
Difficult for whom?

Anyway, it's a common mistake, and I've seen people do it before. Particularly people who don't know how to lose weight.
Difficult for me, actively trying to find something to criticise where there isn't anything.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:03 AM   #212
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Difficult for me, actively trying to find something to criticise where there isn't anything.
Not really, dude.
There's way more on this website to criticize before criticizing your dieting tips.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:01 PM   #213
Sir Canvas Corpsey

This is a piss easy exercise:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQAKl2FGeTI

Cardio Workout:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCsSc...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eokMCNWfUug

Probably way too much for you at first, but you could do few moves slowed down a little.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:12 PM   #214
Solumina

Anarasha stop with the excuses. There are plenty of cheap videos just not the ones that are widely advertised. Either get something online or go to a video store and just check what they have on the sale rack.

Rice cakes are good but celery is better as it contains loads of fiber and plenty of vitamins but more importantly for you it actually contains fewer calories than you burn eating it. Try and keep some with you at all times.

Quote:
Honestly the bigger problem would be that he doesn't seem to really know much of anything about nutrition so there is little chance that he would eat what he needs.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 01:46 PM   #215
Anarasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Rice cakes are good but celery is better as it contains loads of fiber and plenty of vitamins but more importantly for you it actually contains fewer calories than you burn eating it. Try and keep some with you at all times.
Celery, as in the plant? I had no idea that it was that good o.o But does it fill you up? That's kinda what I'm looking for, and that is what the pills I am gonna start are gonna do. As for what you said Ophelia, you are right. I hardly know anything about nutrition, I know that I am supposed to eat dark bread, that's it.
As I said, I have a lot to learn.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:49 PM   #216
Not Tha Duckman

Exclamation

You eat enough celery, that shit'll fill you right the fuck up.
Not Tha Duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 02:14 PM   #217
Solumina

Celery is mostly water and fiber so yeah it will fill you up, just make sure you chew it well as that is an important part if digestion especially when it comes to fibrous foods.

Dark breads aren't necessarily the best option, go for something that says multi-grain or whole wheat as they will have a higher fiber content and the multi-grain will have a wider variety of nutrients.

Also stay away from artificial sweeteners as they actually make your body crave sugars so a sugar free candy can actually do more harm than just allowing yourself one real treat, just make sure that you limit your portion, as with everything.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 11-28-2009, 02:43 PM   #218
honeythorn

And beware of "low fat" foods like low fat yoghurts and so on. They simply fill them with sugars and salt to make them taste better despite having less fat. Remember what I said about sugar? It's stored in fat cells.

Try to stick with raw ingredients that you can cook from scratch into something decent, or eat raw in and of themselves.

Things like the following are good - fish, eggs, lean meat like Turkey , vegetables, Some fruits ( no bananas remember, and no smoothies either ) wholemeal bread, plain yoghurt ( not fruity ones ) Skimmed milk ( Goats milk is pretty nice too try it ) or semi if you really can't bear skimmed.

For example, you could still have Bacon and eggs for breakfast, as long as you remove all excess fat from the bacon (back bacon is best) and GRILL it, and the eggs you can scramble, boil or Poach.

If you like cereal, have a plain one like Weetabix, Plain shredded wheat, Bran flakes... those 3 are good and have no sugary coatings on them. Have it with skimmed or semi skimmed milk, and a apple to help fill you up. And don't have a gigantic bowl of it either. You are also to reduce protion size remember, so 1 cup of cereal, maybe a cup and a half to start with, is good to go.

Meat and fish can be grilled very easily also, and I prefer to use a small griller ( like the George Forman ones ) which works very well, they don't cost too much now, maybe ask for one for Xmas!? An odd gift but a useful one. Or perhaps get a steamer? You can cook meat, fish and vegetables in them .

When you go out for walking, take a bag of carrot and celery sticks with you to snack on, it will help prevent the need or urge to have something that's bad for you when you get back.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:13 PM   #219
Solumina

Ooo about eggs go for free range as they have a lot more of the good stuff and a lot less of the bad.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 11-28-2009, 04:57 PM   #220
Jaye Jang

Anarasha, sweetie, go in and check this site out. It's on for today, because of Thanksgiving and all the overeating/overindulgence people do on it. It's on Yah@@ Health. What I found cool was the link on how to calculate what your Kcal intake should be. Finally, somebody shows you how. It's about time. (It's really simple. You take your weight and add one zero to it, and that is what your Kcal intake should be to achieve and maintain your ideal weight. You can go to any dollar store and get a scale that will allow you to weigh your food in terms of Kcal's (kilocalories)). Then once you can safely do so, start exercising gently until you can excercise more strenuously. (See your doctor and find out what is safe for you before beginning). Start with just walking a block and add to that every day until you can walk 1 mile. (You can also get a pedometer at any dollar store if you're on a budget, and who isn't these days).

http://health.**********/experts/drm...overindulging/
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 05:25 PM   #221
lucretia_

Anarasha, my partner and I use a great website called daily burn

http://www.dailyburn.com

It is free, and adds up all your calories for you. It works out a healthy amount for how much you need to eat for your height, weight, and how much you need to lose, and lets you know how much fat, protein and fibre you need.

There are also lots of exercise programes on there too, you can watch the videos and do the excercise, great way to meet other people in a similar situation.

Would your parents not buy you some exercise dvds? Worst case scenario you could download some?

Try walking up and down the stairs and using tins / cans of food for weights!

Do you have a wii/wii fit?
lucretia_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:15 PM   #222
the-nihilist

She's lying Anarasha, don't listen to her. I know for a fact that she was sent here from another planet to create dissent upon our world and impede technological, economical, and social progress. The jig is up lucretia_, tell your Martian Warlords we will not bow down to their tyranny!
Old 11-29-2009, 05:41 AM   #223
honeythorn

http://thisiswhyyourefat.com/
Old 11-29-2009, 05:46 AM   #224
Methadrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-nihilist View Post
The jig is up lucretia_, tell your Martian Warlords we will not bow down to their tyranny!
I, for one, welcome our new Martian WarOverlords, you insensitive clod. Imagine a Beowulf cluster of those.

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:23 AM   #225
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaye Jang View Post
Anarasha, sweetie, go in and check this site out. It's on for today, because of Thanksgiving and all the overeating/overindulgence people do on it. It's on Yah@@ Health. What I found cool was the link on how to calculate what your Kcal intake should be. Finally, somebody shows you how. It's about time. (It's really simple. You take your weight and add one zero to it, and that is what your Kcal intake should be to achieve and maintain your ideal weight. You can go to any dollar store and get a scale that will allow you to weigh your food in terms of Kcal's (kilocalories)). Then once you can safely do so, start exercising gently until you can excercise more strenuously. (See your doctor and find out what is safe for you before beginning). Start with just walking a block and add to that every day until you can walk 1 mile. (You can also get a pedometer at any dollar store if you're on a budget, and who isn't these days).

http://health.**********/experts/drm...overindulging/
I refuse to believe that your daily caloric intake, which is a combination of your base metabolic rate, your daily exercise, your family medical history concerning diabetes, and maybe a dozen or so other things can be boiled down to "just add a zero"
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote