Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 02-01-2010, 07:38 PM   #1
Bloodflowers

People with bad tattoos...

One thing that really annoys me is when people with really shitty tattoos are proud of them for some unknown reason and upon noticing I have tattoos feel the need to show me theirs. One day at work a customer commented that she liked the quotes I have tattooed on the inside of my forearms. I politely smiled and told her thank you... "I have tattoos too!" she proudly announces as she starts unbuttoning her blouse (again, this was some random customer...). Before I can fully comprehend what was going on she's happily pointing to a "portrait" tattooed over her heart that she tells me is her son. I use quotes around that word because it was honestly one of the worse tattoos I've ever seen... it had wobbly outline of inconsistant thickness and the attempt at any sort of shadowing looked like grey smudges. Not to sound pretentious but I was drawing better portraits in middle school. This happens usually every couple weeks or so and always at work. I never quite know what to say, I usually just force a slight smile and nod.

Another somewhat related annoyance is when complete strangers feel the need to touch my tattoos. Particularly since getting the aforementioned quote tattoos about a year ago I get complete strangers grabbing my wrist, turning my arm, and reading them as opposed to just politely asking what they say or if they can read them.

Anyone else had to deal with either of these?
Bloodflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:26 PM   #2
Solumina

Not quite the same but I have had people grab my tits and say "you shouldn't have bought such big ones if you didn't want so much attention" when I show shock and displeasure. I have no idea why people assume they are fake and even if they were you don't grope a stranger, people are weird.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:13 PM   #3
Saya

Having neither tits nor tats I can only sympathize with you guys.

But yeah, I hate it when people show off their tattoos especially if they bear them like its their cross, and they're totally shit. A lot of places will fix them up for free if you're not satisfied, people, take advantage of that!
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:30 PM   #4
PortraitOfSanity

I hate it when random people on the street grab my penis, assuming it's a strap-on, and say "you shouldn't have bought such a big one, you'll bust someone up with that shit".

Shit gets annoying.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:38 AM   #5
Pineapple_Juice

At least it was a portrait and not a nautical star/cherries/sparrows.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:11 AM   #6
Still Jack

I feel it's sort of different if the tattoo actually means something to said individual. Unlike trendy tattoos, kinda like pineapple said. I can see in the future a lot of people getting brass knuckles lazered off.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:37 AM   #7
Devil Tiger

Location: In the vacinity of and area, a jasoned to a location...
Ever see folks that think it is cool to get a saying done as a tattoo in a foreign language, just because they think it looks cool?. Usually it is one they themselves have little or no knowledge of. Well the following happened about three nights ago.

I was hanging around with my friend who happens to be from Beijing China She and I went to a local grocery to get some stuff. Sorry i don't remember exactly what, but the Checker had a tattoo in blue and black Chinese characters on her arm. it was Still fresh perhaps a week old. Well a conversation began while we were handling the business of paying for the goods and I asked the checker about the lovely new tat she had acquired recently. To which she responded with pride'
" Ah this? Got it about a week ago. It means;" Salvation..."

At this my Friend who was on my arm snickered and asked to see it closer. She asked the young lady who had done that tattoo? The Checker mentioned a local tattoo parlor. Then My friend did the one of the most brutally honest things I have ever witnessed. She looked at the checker and said " The character on your arm doesn't mean, " Salvation"; it means "Excuse me", as in begging for forgiveness. You might want to talk to the artist and get your money back. "

Fortunately, I was done paying for the stuff, and able to wish the checker a nice evening as I quickly dragged my way too honest friend outta there well, before the true value of the awkwardness could set in.

Hum I wonder if the Girl, went back and got it changed or faded it? I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when she came back in.

"Caveat Emptor" : " let the buyer beware "
Devil Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:10 PM   #8
Bloodflowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
I feel it's sort of different if the tattoo actually means something to said individual. Unlike trendy tattoos, kinda like pineapple said. I can see in the future a lot of people getting brass knuckles lazered off.
I have a half sleeve in progress that means a great deal to me... that's why I went to a good shop to get the work done. Excluding laser removal your tattoo is most likely going to be there the rest of your life. Go ahead and bargain shop for clothes and whatnot but a tattoo should be considered as more of an investment. I'd rather go to an amazing artist and pay more for a great piece than save some money going to a mediocre artist and getting a piece that was just so-so... especially if it's something that means something to me and not for pure decorative purposes.
Bloodflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:12 PM   #9
blindNsect

This mallrat kid I know has a cross that looks like a T Rex. Meaning, one side beams are fuk'd. He is proud as shit of that shit.
blindNsect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:16 PM   #10
freakinsheena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity View Post
I hate it when random people on the street grab my penis, assuming it's a strap-on, and say "you shouldn't have bought such a big one, you'll bust someone up with that shit".

Shit gets annoying.
I also hate it when people squeeze my ass. It makes me think if is it because they like my Hello Kitty tattoo inside, or my ass's just too sexy to be ignored
freakinsheena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:40 PM   #11
blindNsect

Maybe you girls are giving off the wrong signals?

Idk there isn't anything normal about some person grabbing genitals....
blindNsect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:02 PM   #12
MollyMac

"Wrong signals"? Fuck you.

No, I have a rockin' body and get grabbed a lot, much to my knuck;es' amusement. You can't grab me without injury unless you get permission. I don;t care if I am buck naked, no one touchey.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:05 PM   #13
Saya

Yeah, there is actually something normal about people groping you: it happens a lot to most girls. It has nothing to do with "mixed signals", a lot of people just think its fine to grope and manhandle women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Tiger View Post
Ever see folks that think it is cool to get a saying done as a tattoo in a foreign language, just because they think it looks cool?. Usually it is one they themselves have little or no knowledge of. Well the following happened about three nights ago...
Yikes, I'm nervous about that. I'm Buddhist and would love to get tattoo of Manjushri's mantra, I know how to say it but I don't know sanskrit so I'm afraid I'm going to get a tattoo of the wrong mantra (or something silly like Excuse Me or Soup!). I'm going to have to find people who know sanskrit to tell me that its right before I get it tattooed.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:11 PM   #14
Mir

Shocking. Never have I ever heard that it was was OK to grope or manhandle anyone. Nor have I heard of people that will do so and be so blasé about it.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:15 PM   #15
Saya

Try having tits sometime, I have never walked downtown and not gotten groped, and most days of the week I get at least cat calls.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:17 PM   #16
Mir

I don`t see that happen around here. I`m not completely oblivious to the world around me.

Cat calls may happen on late Friday/Saturday nights when the drunks are out in force, but groping? Never seen it.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:25 PM   #17
Saya

It happens, I promise you :P Especially in crowds where you can't tell who did it, thats what I hate the most.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:31 PM   #18
Mir

Yeah, but I`ve never seen some guy come up to a girl, grab her tits and say something like it is the most commonly occurring, acceptable thing in the world.

That I`ve never, ever seen. Or heard of, even.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:22 PM   #19
Solumina

Have you never been to a bar or club?
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 11:21 PM   #20
Still Jack

I've been groped in my red zebra skinnys by this dude who thought I was a chick. It was fucking hilarious when he noticed he'd been staring at a dude's ass for the last half hour.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:35 AM   #21
Devil Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
I've been groped in my red zebra skinnys by this dude who thought I was a chick. It was fucking hilarious when he noticed he'd been staring at a dude's ass for the last half hour.
Too Funny!!!

something like that happened to me in Japan. But see the "Chakan" ( perverts ) as they are called try to grope folks riding the train of bus. they hope that they catch you during rush hour when you can't move away. usually the Japanese are too worried about saving face to complain, or, well ;I guess. but this asshole grabbed my ass and was having a big old time. unfortunately for him I am fairly taller than the natives there and could see him quite clearly. not only that but also has the reach advantage. hehe the look on his face was a fucken Kodak moment. Darn I was a tourist in Japan and forgot my camera. Shame...
Old 02-03-2010, 01:36 AM   #22
Devil Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Jake and I are engaged
Congrats! He is a luck guy.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:54 AM   #23
Lochnar

DT's story reminds me of a similar one in which I got to see this woman, who had had the ink for years, told it said "Dangerous Desk". I couldn't help but lol. I don't think I would get ink at this point in my life.

As to fondling people, I haven't done that without consent since I was 12. I do find it a bit surprising that my forward request to fondle is more often accepted then rebuked. Guess I'm a people person...or they're too scared to say no...
Lochnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:37 AM   #24
Amunet

oo i hate this as well, I have a have a 5 inch heritage band around my left forearm, and people always grab my arm to look at it, I hate that. just because I have one there does not mean you have the right to invade my fucking space. I don't mind showing it if they ask....

another thing though, do you all ever get sick of explaining your tattoos to people?
Amunet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:11 AM   #25
Underwater Ophelia

I dislike some of you very much.

First of all, who fucking cares if someone has a bad tattoo they're proud of? Why would you want to take that away from them? I could sort of understand if if you were angry that bad tattooists tattoo kids who don't know better and take their money, but that's not at all what you're talking about. You're mad because people like something that you don't. You can go ahead and fuck off with that.

Also, you're "sick of explaining" the tattoos you CHOSE to get and regularly CHOOSE to display, knowing full well that people will ask about them? Choke on it.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote