Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 10-03-2005, 03:58 PM   #326
Disfunction

I suppose now isn't a good time to mention that I refuse to take elevators/drive/take the bus unless my friends insist?

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 04:13 PM   #327
Disfunction

Ottawa has an amazing transit system. Likely the best I've ever seen including those from places such as New York, Toronto, Austin, Chicago, San Francisco...... I just feel better when I'm not lazing around... the bright side being that I'm building up my mucles. Woo.

Old 10-18-2005, 05:48 AM   #328
OnixxFilth

I usually take the bus to school, but it does take some walking from the bus stop to wherever I'm going. It's pretty nice. I can't believe I'm only like 126 when I never take the stairs at school, always the elevator- my calves start burning after like two flights of stairs! I'm so out of shape in some ways but lookin' pretty good in others!
OnixxFilth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 04:08 PM   #329
Tall One In Black

Once again, I'm late to the thread... ah, well. I have body image issues out the wazoo.

I was born with a defect called pectus excavatum. Usually it's repaired at a very young age, but my parents chose not to do so (for reasons too complicated to mention). So I went through school with this defect, which made me look like a pot-bellied hunchback. (Google "pectus excavatum" or check out http://www.pectus.org/photos.htm if you want to see an example. Warning: it ain't pretty.)

I was painfully skinny and unusually tall. I was all bony arms and legs, and ridiculously clumsy. I had BIG out of control hair, bad skin, a crooked nose, glasses, and out-of-style K-Mart clothes, which I wore 3 sizes too big in an attempt to hide my body. I had pale skin and dark body hair, a combination that kept me from wearing shorts even with shaved legs. The only thing I was missing was headgear.

I finally had my birth defect repaired when I was 19. It was major surgery. It left me with numbness* and a scar all the way across my chest... but that was a big improvement.

I'm still tall, of course, but no longer painfully thin. I got contacts and nearly cleared up my face. After laser hair removal**, the dark hair isn't visible under my skin. I finally learned to turn my thick hair into an asset. And my nose is still crooked, but I learned to live with it.

Even so, I still think of myself as the ugly gangly nerd that everyone made fun of. No matter who compliments me, I have trouble believing it.

My thighs are too big and I've developed cellulite (thanks to sitting in front of a computer for 10 hours a day). God, how I hate cellulite.

I still struggle with my face breaking out.

My arms are disproportionately long and my hands are very large. My shoulders are very square and broad.

Around other women, I feel huge and out of place. They're all so much smaller and cuter than I am.

But most of all, I absolutely HATE the bags under my eyes. No matter how good I feel, I always look tired and sick. It's very discouraging to look in the mirror and have the face not reflect what I actually feel inside. The only remedy is plastic surgery, which I am finally in a position to afford. In fact, I plan to have it done within the next six months.

* Numbness meaning I can't feel it if someone touches my breasts

** I HIGHLY recommend laser hair removal. It has been worth every single penny I paid for it.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:48 PM   #330
winged_dreams

My brother's chestbone extends out further then it should (sort of looks like guy in the second set of pictures). Apparently they have to break the bone (nasty...) to fix it. I think everyone wanted to wait til he was older before having it done. And the first picture looks like it would be so scary to have. I'd be worried about my internal organs.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 06:05 PM   #331
Tall One In Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by winged_dreams
My brother's chestbone extends out further then it should (sort of looks like guy in the second set of pictures). Apparently they have to break the bone (nasty...) to fix it. I think everyone wanted to wait til he was older before having it done. And the first picture looks like it would be so scary to have. I'd be worried about my internal organs.
Internal organs can be affected. The heart and lungs often don't have enough room. Before my surgery, I would get short of breath easily. I also had sharp pains in my chest once in a while. All that went away after surgery.

They do have to break or saw the bone in many cases - depends on the type of repair and the age of the patient, I think. In my case, they sawed my sternum, did bone grafts, and removed pieces of my ribs. I woke up in the recovery room with a sign attached to my gown: DO NOT PRESS ON CHEST. I could look down at my chest and see my heart beating... that was freaky.

The worst part was having to sleep on my back for many months. Finally everything grew back and healed, and I was able to roll over on my side.

I knew it would hurt like hell if I sneezed, so I learned that you can indeed stifle sneezes. It was a year before I let myself sneeze.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:42 PM   #332
winged_dreams

Well, I'm glad you got that problem fixed.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 07:38 PM   #333
angleangel_doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnixxFilth
Did I ever mention earlier in this thread that I seem to have severe "coon eyes" (i.e., dark circles under my eyes)? I have no idea where they come from; I always get plenty of sleep. Also my boobs are so big that they're sagging even though I'm 21! (
: ( awwww!

Anyways, my body image issues...hmm...they're pretty small but hey, here goes.
I have dark body hair, which can get aggrivating, and my skin does not react well to sunlight (not a disorder, its just a mild allergic reaction).

I will always be perceived as that shy, ugly girl I was in middle school by my fellow clasmates (the ones who went to my middle school, anyways) because I had glasses, a chickstach (got removed by laser) and crooked teeth. Now that thats all fixed I am still seen as a dork.

Hmmm...nothing more, besides my belly but I like it, since I am 24-26-36...it just works out. And plus, what kind of guy would I want who would want me to lose it, right? Who would date someone like that?

*sigh* Oh well, as long as i'm fine with myself everything will be okay ^_^
angleangel_doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 08:46 AM   #334
OnixxFilth

I used to hate myself- when I was younger I had horrible buck teeth and glasses. Luckily I got braces (I've had them off for years) and my eyes somehow magically fixed themselves so I didn't have to wear my glasses anymore. I think that for the most part I went from an ugly duckling to a swan! Just gotta keep reminding myself of that, and looking at pictures from when I was an ugly little girl to remind myself how far I've come. Oh, and I kinda do have a chickstache- it's not very noticable and I can't afford laser treatment, so sometimes I just shave it off like a guy would. Thankfully I'm a blonde so it's pretty light. My brother used to tease me about it all the time when we were younger, calling me "Nikki Furlip".

Last edited by OnixxFilth; 10-19-2005 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Forgot some stuff
Old 10-19-2005, 12:05 PM   #335
Noire

since we are all sharing our thoughts on our body image, I admit I used to worry about mine ALOT.
I hated the way I looked when i was 12, my brothers used to call me "fat" which brought my self esteem down, and my "friends" said i had a nose that droops at the end. It really got to me deep down.
Im 14 now, I have lost a load of weight, and Im not so self concious(sp?) of my nose now, which is good, because I used to cry over the way I looked.
Im not 100% satisfied with my body now, Im REALLY tall, and I hate being taller than everyone I know. Im big boned which makes me look even bigger but oh well. No one is completely sastisfied with their bodies are they?
Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 08:49 AM   #336
OnixxFilth

I'm always concerned with my weight, especially since I have a tiny body frame. I do have wide hips to compensate for it, so I have an excuse for wearing size 9 jeans- I'm not heavy, I have big hips! That's not something I can change! I am a little embarrassed about my nose- my boyfriend jokes that "you could poke someone's eye out with that thing". It's not really that big, though. It's just more pointed, versus a more flat, rounded type nose.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:27 PM   #337
The Minister Saint-Fond

From my Blog on body issues:

The point here is that it's all up to you. It's about perception. If you're going to diet or work out, or change your clothes, do it for you, not because of what other people think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
I hate dieting. I'm dieting right now, though. Usually I think people that are a few pounds overweight who insist on being on a diet all the time are assholes; slaves to Hollywood and the runway. MTV tells you you're ugly so you are. Fuck that.

There is a point, however, that you have to decide. Do I want to go on some drastic diet and lose a shit-load of weight or just give up and become a 350 pound shut-in? It's the same kind of question that I imagine Women's Studies majors asking themselves.

So I notice that the latest craze is to have no "carbs". That's short for "carbohydrates". Now-a-days you're not supposed to eat carbohydrates. I remember when that wasn't the case. I remember when carbohydrates were considered the most important part of the diet. That was called the Neolithic Period of Human History.

For over six thousand years of recorded civilization, people have lived off of bread and potatoes and junk. Now it's wrong.

"HEY, CHUMP, REMEMBER ALL THOSE YEARS THAT WE TOLD YOU TO EAT HEALTY MEALS WITH BREAD AND CORN AND RICE AND BEANS AND CRAP? REMEMBER HOW WE TOLD YOU THAT PASTA WAS A BETTER WAY TO ENSURE LONG LASTING ENERGY THAN A CANDY BAR? WELL WE WERE JUST FUCKING WITH YOU.
YOU HAVE TO EAT MEAT.
NOTHING BUT MEAT.
AND TRY TO FORGET ABOUT ALL THAT BULLSHIT ABOUT CHOLESTEROL THAT WE SPENT THE PAST 20 YEARS RAMMING INTO YOUR BRAIN. THAT'S ALL NONSENSE.
BUY MY NEW BOOK... JACKASS!"

That's all it is. It's selling books. Sure, you can lose weight by reading them and following their advice. And when you're done, you can have a heart attack anyway because you're cholesterol is 300. Have you seen the rash of commercials lately for medicines that reduce your cholesterol? They all say the same things. "[Some chick's name] lost the weight... but not the cholesterol. Now she takes (read "buys") these pills for the rest of her life."

Now I'm not saying that you shouldn't eat meat. Everyone should eat meat. Meat's great. I couldn't enjoy having meat in my mouth any more than I do now without being gay. Eating nothing but meat, however, is as stupid as eating none.

"Look here, Fatass," you might say to me, "The reason that this diet works is because the human body has been subsisting on a diet of carbohydrates for so many thousands of years. It can't handle protein as well so it doesn't take and store the energy from it like it does from carbs. Eat some tofu if you don't want high cholesterol... Dummy."

Ok. One word... Sodium. Sodium leads to high blood pressure which is another leading cause of heart attack and stroke. No, my dear friends, what the body needs to lose weight is chemicals. That's the way.

I've elected to drink these things... Advantedge Carb Control Shakes.

I don't know how much nutrition that a body needs in a day but if you look closely at the label, you'll see there's lots of stuff in there. I guess that's enough for me. I could ask a nutritionist about it but basically, I think doctors are full of shit. And since my pussy isn't hurting, I'm going to skip making an appointment. Please see my other article for reference.

If I get skinny and hot by drinking them, I'll write a book about my diet plan and you can buy it. It'll give you something to read while your girlfriend is jocking my svelte ass.
And I think you're all beautiful. Never doubt it for a second.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:11 PM   #338
1TOOMANY

If your happy with your self there's no need to change.

But if you whining about your weight shut up or do something about it.
The older we get the fatter our body wants to get(what a mother fucker), so if you want to enjoy eating you need to get in the gym or get active.
Very simple you need to burn off more calories than you take in or you gain weight and the older you get the harder it is. But you feel way better when your in shape. For me the more active i am the better i feel. Plus being more active keeps me outta trouble.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:27 PM   #339
The Minister Saint-Fond

My weight's fine now thanks to Advantedge Carb Control Shakes. They're both good and good for you. They've got all kinds of ingredients.

What kind of biking? My assistant at work is a downhill biker. About once a month he comes in with new bruises.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:56 PM   #340
1TOOMANY

Well I personaly like BMX Half pipes, dirt jumps, drainage ditches, empty swimming pools. It's alot of fun.

That down hill shit is insane it scares me I tried it once and didn't care for it, I'm not used to mountain bikes. So I ride really out of control on them.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:01 PM   #341
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Minister Saint-Fond

And I think you're all beautiful. Never doubt it for a second.

Awwww..

Unselfish Sincerity is a thing of Beauty..

Thanks for the Moment...

A soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone.

~
Johann von Goeth ~
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 10:44 AM   #342
OnixxFilth

I used to ride horses a lot and do cross-country skiiing (both at my aunt and uncle's house who live in the country) but they don't have anymore ski boots that fit me and I'm not that crazed about it that I want to go out and buy my own. I think the only thing that saves me from being heavy is a high metabolism and the fact that I do a lot of walking. Oh, and the fact that most days I don't eat much because I just don't feel like it, even if I'm hungry.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:43 PM   #343
The Minister Saint-Fond

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TOOMANY
That down hill shit is insane it scares me I tried it once and didn't care for it, I'm not used to mountain bikes. So I ride really out of control on them.
Well, my Assistant once came in with a busted wrist, bruised ribs, black eye, and a limp that lasted for a month. I asked him if his girlfriend beat his ass and wanted me to call the social worker (he's one of those bone thin types who looks about 10 years younger than he is). He explained that he had a 35 MPH disagreement with a tree. I reminded him that trees don't move so it must have been his fault. Then I suggested that he take up ping pong. Those guys are indeed nuts. One day I'm afraid he'll kill himself. I get kind of upset when I think of him dead. Then I consider the prospect of hiring a cute assistant to replace him and it's not so bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPS
Awwww..

Unselfish Sincerity is a thing of Beauty..

Thanks for the Moment...
Who love's ya, Baby? I've got one of those messenger things. Let's illegally swap music sometime.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:30 AM   #344
OnixxFilth

Haha, a 35MPH disagreement with a tree! What, did the tree insult his mother or something?
Old 10-31-2005, 08:05 PM   #345
TeapotScar

Me: "I feel fat. In Victoria's Secret, I'm a large, but in Gap, I'm extra-small. Isn't that weird? Aren't sizes weird?"

Boyfriend: "You know what size you are in my store?"

Me: "What?"

Boyfriend: "Fucking hot-ass pussy."

^.^ hah. Just thought I'd share a pleasant "Body Image" moment.

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
TeapotScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 08:29 PM   #346
Disfunction

Ahh... The joys of being openly sexual with a loved one.

I'd indulge in reverie, but I must admit that I'd rather not. lol

Nice to hear that you've got yourself a good one, Tea.

Old 10-31-2005, 11:12 PM   #347
Phayte

I definetly have negative body image issues. Far too many to go into, and I'm not sure I want it that public lol
I've been trying to find a way to deal with it for me and my husband, but I can't seem to get past the "I'm not worth it" hump.
One week I'm doing great, and the next it's back to Junk food and doing nothing.
Does anyone have any advice? A lot of you seem to be very happy with yourselves. I would love to be happy again.

~Phayte
Phayte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 05:53 AM   #348
OnixxFilth

Hmm, sometimes you can find a way to turn something negative about yourself into something positive. I used to hate my thighs, thinking they were so big that I bought a swimsuit with a tank-top like top and bottoms like a man's swimming trunks just to hide them. But they're not really that bad (my thighs)! I try to concentrate on the fact that I have beautiful long legs and wear flared or bell-bottom jeans (that cling at the top and flare at the bottom) to emphasize them. Try to find a feature that you DO like, and play it up somehow.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:54 PM   #349
Una

I can be very negative about my body. I used to have Anorexia and I thought I was fat since I was little. After two years of fighting it I am happy and eat whatever I want! I am never refusing to eat again.
I agree TeapotScar sizes are quite weird. It confuses the hell out of me.
Una is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 06:49 AM   #350
OnixxFilth

Well, congrats, Una, on beating anorexia. I can imagine it must have been quite hard, always perceiving yourself as fat when in fact you were wasting away to nothing. I'm proud to hear that you've finally freed yourself! Keep it up!