Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 11-21-2015, 10:34 PM   #1
KeineModalen

Greetings and Salutations

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job) Explore new forms shapes and practice chaos magick. Study GNU/Linux. Sound design and sequence my synths.

2. Where are you from? The upper part of the midwest in America.

3. Who is your favorite author? Carl Jung. Philip K. Dick. I have not been reading fiction. Mostly works on Occult and Alchemy, Golden Dawn, Aleister Crowley. Boring stuff on quantum mechanics.

4. What are your favorite films? Blade Runner, From Beyond, stuff directed by Darren Aronofsky. The Tenant by Roman P. Some John Waters stuff with Divine. David Lynch.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? um don't I need to meet someone I would want to marry?

6. At your funeral? None, everyone remains silent.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? Hopefully on a new moon, on Easter.

8. What kind of casket would you want? ugh I don't want to be preserved, please just bury me under a tree when no ones looking.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? Solovairs, argyle socks, black jeans, black band shirt

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? Just being in the woods all day.

11. What's your favorite band? Lately like old stuff has been, Joy Division, Siouxsie and the Banshees, The Cocteau Twins, This Mortal Coil, Fields of the Nephilim, The Damned, Dead Boys, Crisis, Sonic Youth, Chrome, Chris and Cosey, Savage Republic, Coil, Wax Trax, PIAS, etc. .......uh you know that stuff. and Amebix.
new stuff has been like ADULT., Beta Evers, November Növelet, White Hex, Ssleeping Desiress, Winter Severity Index, Hante. Keluar, Schonwald, Sixth June, The Soft Moon. new Shoegaze.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? sigh I went to school for printing.

13. Why did you join? um just to hang out and chit chat with some like minded folks.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender? I always refuse to answer gender and race questions on applications.
KeineModalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 11:46 PM   #2
Rats

Welcome to the forum!!
Rats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 12:16 AM   #3
KeineModalen

thanks Rats!!
Old 11-22-2015, 04:36 AM   #4
Anise

KeineModalen hello & welcome to You <3
Anise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 04:56 AM   #5
Stormbringer

Welcome KeineModalen, so a PKD fan - brilliant. A tragic genius if ever there was one. A lot of the stuff he wrote about back in the 50s and 60s has now become a reality - a true visionary.
Stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 10:39 AM   #6
KeineModalen

@Stormbringer I know. I always wonder what he would have thought of the the personalized marketing they are trying to get to work. I was really moved by VALIS trilogy.

@Anise Hello ...and thank you.
Old 11-22-2015, 12:10 PM   #7
Acharis

Howdy howdy!
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 03:17 PM   #8
KeineModalen

@Acharis ...Hi Hi
Old 11-22-2015, 11:15 PM   #9
Stormbringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeineModalen View Post
@Stormbringer I know. I always wonder what he would have thought of the the personalized marketing they are trying to get to work. I was really moved by VALIS trilogy.

@Anise Hello ...and thank you.
I love 'Eye in the Sky' and 'Time Out of Joint' but the book I most enjoyed of his was 'Martian Time-Slip'. Hollywood has been good to PKD. Total Recall was good and Blade Runner was good as far as a 'based on' the book. they've made films of a few of his other short stories. Other excellent works of his are Ubik and The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldrich. These two are both a great read. Dystopia at its best.
Stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 03:09 AM   #10
Pr1aP1sm

Hello KeineModalen,

It's always a good sign when "Blade Runner" is the first movie on the list.

As a child I used to love spending all day in the woods behind my grandparents house. I knew who lived under each rock or log. And would always go around and annoy them. (Poor snakes and salamanders.)
Unfortunately, Some years back the local airport bought up all that area and turned it into Parking.
So not only do I miss those places, Now they no longer exist.

I try not to assume, So...
Musician?
Programmer?
Pr1aP1sm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 12:28 PM   #11
Anise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr1aP1sm View Post
Unfortunately, Some years back the local airport bought up all that area and turned it into Parking.
They paved paradise and put up a parking lot!
Anise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 11:30 PM   #12
KeineModalen

@Stormbringer oooooh that makes me forget they were making 'The Man in the HIgh Castle' into a miniseries. ...and even though I am not a Tom Cruise fan 'Minority Report' was pretty good. 'A Scanner Darkly' was pretty wonderful also, as movies. ... now your making me want to haunt the book store. I am only half way through his bibliography. 'Flow My Tears the Police Man Said' and 'The Unteleported Man' were the last books of his I have read.

@ I am not sure. Sometimes I jam into the sequencer and sometimes I get out all the theory books and program harmonics. Other times I just sit down and look at the sequence and jam off of it?

@Anise This is depressing but http://www.immortal.org/10260/sixth-...ne-extinction/