Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 08-17-2006, 03:21 PM   #1
His_Darkest_Sin

Another soul for the legions...

Ah, introductions... I suppose it would be rude of me to simply not introduce myself, so I shall suck it up and make an attempt at it.

My name is Alaric and I hail from Orange County New York, a region just north- west of the city. I rather adore the general area I live in as it has more than it's share of hauntings and history, as well as many beautiful sights and peaceful, lonely spots. I have my associates degree in history and am -- as of Aug. 28th -- attending Mt. St. Mary's in pursuit of my bachelors degree. I aspire to eventually have a PhD, but that is some time away.
I play in a Darkwave band called Transcending Bethlehem and dabble in neo- folk, playing a variety of instruments (some of which I make myself). I listen to a wide variety of bands, ranging in style from death rock/ darkwave to power/ progressive metal to opera to folk. Music is a large part of my life but by no means the entirety of it. To spend my time, I go "ghost hunting," which is basically walking/ driving through haunted locations and taking photographs (I have captured some interesting ones...) and recording the sounds -- all with respect in mind, of course. I also read quite a bit... classic literature, history, occult/ paranormal studies, fantasy- fiction, etc..
I won't turn this into a novel in and of itself, so I shall end here. I look forward to getting to know some of you and enjoying intelligent conversation here in these halls.

~Alaric
His_Darkest_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 03:27 PM   #2
The_JoKeReSs

Reply To Alaric.

Hello there Alaric,

I was just scanning the other introduction posts after publishing mine when i noticed that your post had no replies. So, as it would seem obvious. I read yours and i think that your quite interesting. I would love to get to know you.
Drop me a message sometime.
I hope to hear from you soon, and look forward to it.

- Ayla. A.K.A The_JoKeReSs.
The_JoKeReSs is offline   Reply With Quote