Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 08-30-2006, 06:49 AM   #1
someone.to.blame?

someone.to.blame?

1. What do you do? I go to school, listen to music, I play drums.

2. Where are you from? England. Lancs.

3. Who is your favorite author? Jodi Picoult.

4. What are your favorite films? Anything (horror.)

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? I dont want to get married.... I dont believe in love..

6. At your funeral? Evanescence..

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? I want to kill myself around the age of 30 so not to have to face the drama of converting from goth, as its considered immature when you get to a certain age.

8. What kind of casket would you want? a plain black one.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? I'm new at goth, am shopping on Friday, but I saw a blck skirt thats long, and a lace top. (all black and very gothic)

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? Knowing my parents would sort out everything.

11. What's your favorite band? Evanescence.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? Im still in high school.

13. Why did you join? because, I think i'm the only goth I know, and it would be good to meet some other people who are similar to me.
someone.to.blame? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 06:31 PM   #2
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
regarding your answer to Number 7:

There are middle aged Goths, who don't care about the stares and smiles and questions. Killing yourself is your choice, but don't do it because other people will think you are beyond some arbitrary limit they set for you. Screw them.

I am 50. And i know Goth women who are older than me by seven years, who are extremely attractive in their middle aged Gothness!

Oh, and welcome!

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 06:34 PM   #3
cradle

Wow humane I thought you were around 20...

aanyway...i don't think I like someone.to.blame?....
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord to tell everyone about that time at Ronnie's house when I smashed the beer bottle over my own head.
cradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 06:38 PM   #4
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Holy crap Humane. I always thought you were in your teens-late 30's. Wow. But then again I am horrible with ages.

As for someone-to-blame? welcome to the site.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 06:40 PM   #5
HumanePain

yeah, i'm an old bastard (sounds better than old fart). SCARY HUH? MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

You think someone.to.blame is a drive by? i can never tell...

Old 08-30-2006, 06:43 PM   #6
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Maybe a drive by......hmmmmmm

And yes old bastard does sound better than old fart, but still I wouldn't call you a bastard. I like to think of you as someone nice. But I dunno, everyone seems to have a different difinition of bastard. *Sort of chuckles softly*

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 06:49 PM   #7
cradle

looks like a drive by to me

http://www.bbc.co.uk/manchester/cont...03_203x152.jpg
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord to tell everyone about that time at Ronnie's house when I smashed the beer bottle over my own head.
cradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 07:02 PM   #8
HumanePain

awww...thanks Crimson Tears.

Sorry if i shocked anyone, i thought i made it clear in my Introduction, granted, i said it in the "movies" question, but still, i think i was up front with everyone when i joined up.

And yes, i really do like Invader Zim! Kind of a weird...but harmless...old man...
(hunches over...starts limping, dragging foot, eyes darting about trying to focus...hands shaking...)

i'll upload a self portrait in my full regalia, and let ya all gaze on the abomination that is HumanePain!...uhh...this weekend, when i fly back home.

Old 08-30-2006, 10:43 PM   #9
PersephoneX

i didnt believe in love either...

DIDNT...
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 03:03 AM   #10
someone.to.blame?

what do you mean by drive by?
Old 08-31-2006, 04:14 AM   #11
HumanePain

Please pardon me someone.to.blame, if i appear to pre-judge you, not intended, but to explain the phrase "drive by":

There are people who sign up out of curiousity or for spite, to "rattle the cages" of the community here. They do not end up staying and contributing to the site, but leave after a brief flurry of insults, mimics, and general fooling around. Not to say we don't fool around here too (we do), but the "drive by's" are malevolent in their postings.

i joined because the diaspora of Goths is too far flung for us to get together physically that often (the nearest club for me is 80 miles away), and so this website offers virtual comaraderie, for which i am humbly grateful. i try to take care not to step on the hooves of anyone here, and become outcast of the only place i feel at home, socially speaking (besides my own home of course).

i hope to see you contribute in a positive way to Gothic.net.

-cheers

Old 08-31-2006, 04:42 AM   #12
someone.to.blame?

No! I'm not a drive by at all! I am goth. And would never spite anyone.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:11 AM   #13
HumanePain

Cool. Welcome, and see you around. Oh, and i do believe in love. Like daemondoll, life and love has been good to me. Just...incomplete...without angst and death.

Old 08-31-2006, 05:22 AM   #14
someone.to.blame?

I just dont believe that there is a great love, like saying "I love you" means nothing any more, I believe in lust, but not love... is that bad?
Old 08-31-2006, 05:31 AM   #15
HumanePain

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone.to.blame?
I just dont believe that there is a great love, like saying "I love you" means nothing any more, I believe in lust, but not love... is that bad?
No judgement from me.

Methinks the question should be:

"is that bad, for me? "

Old 08-31-2006, 05:35 AM   #16
someone.to.blame?

Well, I guess its kinda bad.....
Old 08-31-2006, 05:38 AM   #17
Don't Look Behind You

Location: a russian, vienna-educated, living in the Netherlands. beat that.
someone.to.bame, you are obviosely new to the gothic scene, but please don't try to seem gothic in everything you do. You yet have to understand what the meaning of gothic is. Gothic is not something one can just give up when one reaches a certain age and it is actually in no way a teen-culture like people think.
So if you're goth don't worry about trying to appear super gothic. I doesn't matter what you wear, your gothness doesn't evaporate as soon as you put a white T-shirt on...or at least it shouldn't.
Also, you might get some flaming for you suicide answer. It is very stupid to kill yourself only because of the oppinion of others.
Sooooooooo, I hope you will learn something on this site, including new music. Welcome.

And as to love, I actually do believe in it, but in no situation that is connected to myself. It's just a damn rare phenomenon, I have concluded and left it at that.
--If you want to love me you'll have to love my shadow. This black creature that is stuck to my feet and that hates the light whithout which it wouldn't exist. Sometimes, I think it is more me than I am. Please be gentle as you make my shadow white.

-- On soft pillows you won't ride into eternity and spilling your blood you won't get out of eternity again.
Don't Look Behind You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 05:41 AM   #18
someone.to.blame?

okay, concluded and ended. Thanks for the advice, is the opinion of others not important? Everyone seems to think it is, and I do want to learn the real ways of goth. If people are willing to help me.
And any good bands you can suggest would come in useful...
Old 08-31-2006, 05:50 AM   #19
Spooky Tonberry

Wow, I could never not believe in love, although I think there are certain degrees...
Someone who's been dating someone for a couple of months could be in love, but maybe not in the same way as someone who's been dating for a couple of years, because the bond becomes stronger.
And as for Evanescence at your funeral, I think My Immortal would be so moving...
Spooky Tonberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 05:53 AM   #20
someone.to.blame?

I thought that, (the evanescence thing)
But I really just dont believe in this 'love' I believe in parent and child love sure, the love of family members, but then with a couple, I believe its lust, but love is to powerful a word, used much to often, and a couple can be 'crazy about each other' but I dont its love.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:57 AM   #21
{{Vampyric Addiction}}

Location: I live in the Uk.total shit hole to say half of asia chooses to live here.
i do believe in love, but i think Lust plays a big part in how we feel about people as well. The word love is used too casually sometimes, but that doent mean it doent exist.
{{Vampyric Addiction}} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 06:01 AM   #22
Don't Look Behind You

learn the ways of the goth by being yourself. There's nothing else to it.

As to bands, I don't know if you already know them or like them but the classical goth bands would be:
the Cure
Bauhaus
Sisters of Mercy
Siouxy and the Banshees
and many more, like the cruxshadows, lacuna coil is also kind of nice, theatre of tragedy and the heavier stuff that is probably not really consideredd gothic such as cradle of filth, blind guardian, dimmu borgir...
many, many things that don't end up in MTV, in other words.
--If you want to love me you'll have to love my shadow. This black creature that is stuck to my feet and that hates the light whithout which it wouldn't exist. Sometimes, I think it is more me than I am. Please be gentle as you make my shadow white.

-- On soft pillows you won't ride into eternity and spilling your blood you won't get out of eternity again.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:04 AM   #23
HumanePain

A question then, since we are probing the issue:

If it is lust and not love, then why do we suffer broken hearts?
If it were only lust, we would not descend into the depths of despair and depression when the object of our love rejects or abandons us, would we not?

Old 08-31-2006, 06:08 AM   #24
someone.to.blame?

ouch, you got me there.... I cant come back at that.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:09 AM   #25
Don't Look Behind You

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
A question then, since we are probing the issue:

If it is lust and not love, then why do we suffer broken hearts?
If it were only lust, we would not descend into the depths of despair and depression when the object of our love rejects or abandons us, would we not?
Ooooo, oooo, can I answer that????

Becuase our self-pride is hurt. Our expectattions are destroyed. "love" as most understand it is a terribly egoistic feeling...one is extremely happy to have someone like them and show them extra attention and want them etc.....that's what gives that special motivation for life when one is in "love".