Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 03-21-2008, 09:26 PM   #1
Rorschach Twin

file size issue (ipod)

So I have a huge problem.. After downloading an album, my ipod was filled up. I believed that I had an entire gig left, but I suppose the files were large? What is one to do?
Rorschach Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 09:44 PM   #2
Tea and Cake or Death

How many gigs is your iPod?
Tea and Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 10:15 PM   #3
Pineapple_Juice

Are you sure it's not that your computer is too low on space? I still have my computer at factory settings and I never put in any more space so the most my computer can hold is about 2500 songs, even though I have an 80 gig.
Pineapple_Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 11:46 PM   #4
Wormboy

Uhm, it really all depends on the file type and size. A 1411kbps wav file of a song about six minutes long can take more room than an entire album of 128 kbps mp3 files. I suggest checking out how big the files are you just downloaded. If the files are monstrously large, download something called winFF and convert the files to a smaller format.

To Pineapple_Juice: What the fuck? What are you running a Windows ME on a celeron processor made by gateway?? I have 6300 songs in my library it does not take more than twenty gigs. Jesus you must have a shit computer.

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 07:02 AM   #5
wonderland

That's the danger of downloading music... if the files weren't compressed properly or are corrupted, your iPod and computer are both going to fill up really quickly. iTunes will have automatically converted the files into its ACC format when you imported them, so altering the original file type and reimporting may or may not help you. I'd either download the album from another source or purchase and rip the CD.
wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 08:03 AM   #6
AngelikDemonik

I used to sell iPods, so I know a bit about them.

You'll never get the full amount of gigs the iPod is. The iPod itself has to use up some memory so it can function.

You might want to contact Apple, though. Their customer service line is very good and they're usually more than willing to help you out. (from my experience, at least). If you're close to an Apple store, I'd also recommend going there.

http://www.myspace.com/dancemydarling

AIM: ThisIsntSybil
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:12 AM   #7
blackwater1110

'gig' is a very funny word. Go back and read all the posts in this thread, paying attention to the word 'gig.' It's pretty hilarious.
blackwater1110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 10:18 PM   #8
Rorschach Twin

thanks, to everybody that responded, but I figured it out.. I wasn't paying attention, and I accidentally clicked something, but... I suppose I fixed up. I needed to clean up some of the crap I have on there that I don't listen to, anyway.

changing the subject;

The Whorse's Mouth by Rozz Williams... is probably the most unhealthily depressing album I've ever heard.
Rorschach Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 01:49 PM   #9
Pineapple_Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormboy
Uhm, it really all depends on the file type and size. A 1411kbps wav file of a song about six minutes long can take more room than an entire album of 128 kbps mp3 files. I suggest checking out how big the files are you just downloaded. If the files are monstrously large, download something called winFF and convert the files to a smaller format.

To Pineapple_Juice: What the fuck? What are you running a Windows ME on a celeron processor made by gateway?? I have 6300 songs in my library it does not take more than twenty gigs. Jesus you must have a shit computer.
I have no idea what the fuck you just said. I'm technologically retarded.
Pineapple_Juice is offline   Reply With Quote