Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 07-15-2008, 11:24 AM   #26
Underwater Ophelia

To the OP:

You just decided to lose your mind over something that not only isn't real, but isn't REMOTELY plausible?

You definitely just wanted to freak out, because if you didn't, you would have used the working chunk of brain you have left to figure out that there is absolutely nothing believable about the story or picture.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:30 AM   #27
Solumina

Plus if you had believed the article then the only thing you would have to do to be safe is to wash any new clothing before you put it on, which you should do anyway because you really don't know when the people who tried it on last bathed.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 06:52 PM   #28
Technowitch

This is going to sound awful, but...I can't believe there is a single person left on the internet who hasn't already seen the lotustits shoop, much less that there is one who could be freaked out by it.
Technowitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:11 PM   #29
beauismyhorse

http://www.snopes.com/photos/medical...breastrash.mpg
It did happen. This video is at the bottom of the article. She had Timbu fly larvae in her...
beauismyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:30 PM   #30
Tea and Cake or Death

I agree. The photo looks fake. Partly because, well, okay. Look at the empty holes. See how they hold up in the perfectly round shape with the darkened insides? A breast is soft, and a hole made in it would collapse and wouldn't hold a shape like that. Also, where is the nipple? Since a nipple is one of the most sensitive parts of the body, wouldn't you notice it being eaten away... Oh! One other thing.

See the top of the page. Notice where it says "Status: FALSE" Yeah.
Tea and Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 02:35 AM   #31
Bat Brains

Urgh, It looks disgusting. I would have freaked out too!
Bat Brains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 06:59 AM   #32
Underwater Ophelia

Then you're dumb and just want to freak out, too.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:50 AM   #33
LaBelleDameSansMerci

Bleh. That picture is icky, but it REALLY does look fake. It looks more like a strange tattoo on a person who has had her nipple removed.
Maggots only feed on dead flesh. They still use them sometimes. Apparently in WWI, the injured soldiers left in the field were healing faster than the ones in the hospital because the necrotic flesh was being eaten off, instead of being left there to fester and be poisonous.

Hmmm.... I might now be over my drawing block... *reaches for sketchbook*
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 11:30 AM   #34
Beneath the Shadows

If the OP was freaked out by that, someone should find the animated version of the picture to show her...

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 01:51 PM   #35
Bat Brains

I'm dumb because I'd be freaked out if I thought larve could eat my tits?
When people freak out over things like this they arn't going to sit around and pick out all the little inconsistencies in an article.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:16 PM   #36
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat Brains
I'm dumb because I'd be freaked out if I thought larve could eat my tits?
That's not why.

Quote:
When people freak out over things like this they arn't going to sit around and pick out all the little inconsistencies in an article.
That's why.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Old 07-17-2008, 08:52 PM   #37
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat Brains
When people freak out over things like this they aren't going to sit around and pick out all the little inconsistencies in an article.
No, that is what you do, if I read something that freaks me out I research the hell out of it to see if there really is any reason for me to actually worry.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 10:23 PM   #38
Bat Brains

For fucks sake, people are way too eager to talk shit at people on this forum.
I'm just saying if I thought something could possibly lay eggs in me and eat me I would be freaked out. So what. I havn't even got tits to be eaten
Old 07-18-2008, 06:24 AM   #39
MitsyMayhem

Bat Brains, I'd let it die, really, because you're sort of getting killed by older members.
MitsyMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:39 AM   #40
Cicero

So Bat Brains expresses disgust over something about maggots eating nipples and somehow that qualifies him as dumb? I think you guys need to rethink your dumb-ness prerequisites, because this one's pretty uh... dumb.

Not that I condone freaking out about things like this, but fuck, some people are just queasy and don't automatically turn to Google in times of distress. Doesn't make them stupid, just lacking a bit of common sense.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 12:01 PM   #41
Tam Li Hua

Eh, I guess I've been around t3h Interwebs long enough to know a fake story when I hear one. :/ They all take on a certain form, such as being beyond extreme, and the testimonials are in all-caps and usually have terrible grammar. So if I hear a story like this off of the Webnet, I take it with a grain of salt a teeny bit more than if I saw it on the nightly news.

But yeah, perhaps we shouldn't be too hard on the new folks. :/ Lesson learned, time to move on.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:09 PM   #42
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero
So Bat Brains expresses disgust over something about maggots eating nipples and somehow that qualifies him as dumb? I think you guys need to rethink your dumb-ness prerequisites, because this one's pretty uh... dumb.
No, saying that maggots eating nipples is disgusting is one thing, and freaking out over something that even a child would know is fake is another.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:27 PM   #43
Cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
No, saying that maggots eating nipples is disgusting is one thing, and freaking out over something that even a child would know is fake is another.
Well he didn't freak out. Said he would have, yeah, but I can assure you that was an exaggeration. Though not keen on the idea of maggots chowing down on his tender, ample bosom, he's really not a freak-out kinda guy.

And I wouldn't have that much confidence in children spotting internet hoaxes - I remember being rather upset as a child when I read about those 'bonsai kittens'.

Old 07-18-2008, 01:45 PM   #44
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Well he didn't freak out. Said he would have, yeah, but I can assure you that was an exaggeration. Though not keen on the idea of maggots chowing down on his tender, ample bosom, he's really not a freak-out kinda guy.

And I wouldn't have that much confidence in children spotting internet hoaxes - I remember being rather upset as a child when I read about those 'bonsai kittens'.
Ok, well, since I'm not buddies with him, I can't tell when he's freaking out for real, and when he's just saying he is, so he's still dumb for saying things that aren't true and being annoyed when people believe him.

Just can't win.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:34 PM   #45
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
So Bat Brains expresses disgust over something about maggots eating nipples and somehow that qualifies him as dumb?
No, that's not it at all. Saying he'd freak out without actually looking into it is what qualified him as dumb.

Although I suppose "gullible" would be a more accurate term, but as far as I'm concerned, gullibility is just another form of stupidity.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Old 07-18-2008, 11:53 PM   #46
Cicero

By saying he'd freak out he was expressing his disgust, that's what I was referring to. He didn't say "I'd totally have a fit of freak-out time and not think for a single second that it was untrue, because OMGMAGGOTSANDBOOBIEZ!".

But really I'm not going to bother arguing on this because I find it extremely tedious, and I've got catacombs to visit. Think whatever you will about Bat Brains, I just wanted to clarify that your assumptions of his intelligence based on a single 10-word post are incorrect.