Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:39 AM   #1
rk89

Guten Tag!

Hey everyone, here's a bit of a standard intro. I'll attempt to keep the rambling about the various mundane facts of my existence to a bare minimum.

I'm in my early twenties, and in a few months shall embark upon the third year of a five-year bachelor's in Music Education. I play the cello, and I do plan to pursue performance and ethnomusicology at the Master's level and beyond. I am also imparting unto myself rudimentary guitar and ukelele skills due to the highly portable nature and campfire-friendliness of these instruments.

As such, it should come as no surprise that I listen to quite a bit of [medieval/renaissance/baroque/classical/romantic/contemporary classical] music. I am also very fond of folksy stuff, bluegrass (yes, I do like the banjo very much...), blues, dark ambient, and the industrial genre. However, quite a lot of EBM, classic rock, metal, tribal, "____insert random classification here____" finds it's way into my collection...so I guess I can just be rightly pegged as a music lover in general.

I am also deeply interested in history and the macabre, and tend to spend a lot of time getting lost inside museums and libraries. Too bad my current city has a severe lack of both, heh. Other hobbies include sculpting, building props (mostly for Halloween-related things), gardening, outdoors things, and horses.

Here is one of the three owned by my family...as you can see, he's probably more Goth than I am.

Other possibly relevant stuff -- fav telly shows: Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations, Game of Thrones (currently finishing up the second book, I am a bit behind as finding time for recreational reading is difficult during the semester), and anything by Whedon. I am a huge sci-fi/fantasy nerd, and appreciate horror if it's tastefully done. Favourite authors from a very lengthy list include Asimov, Lovecraft, Rice, Poe, Bierce, and King. I also seem to collect fossils and other various objects of fascination, and am thankful for my vastly tolerant family for allowing the Wunderkammern to seep into the reading room and other public places within the house.

Alright, as much as I like talking about myself, this seems sufficient. I look forward toward being able to just hang here and shoot the shit with other like-minded people. Cheers!

Last edited by rk89; 05-23-2012 at 08:46 AM. Reason: spelling
rk89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:12 AM   #2
MissCheyenne

Welcome to G.Net

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:34 AM   #3
rk89

Thank you.
rk89 is offline   Reply With Quote