Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 06-05-2007, 09:09 AM   #201
mansarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HateMeImGothic
The kid who plays Harry is quite possibly the worst actor I have ever seen. He is allmost as bad as my spelling! I think the books have a little more to offer, they introduce characters such as Peeves, a delectible little sprite who gets into all sorts of mischief! Allthough he has little to do with the big picture... I really need to work on my spelling...and gramar...and just talking in general...

forget the grammar/spelling. Agreed. Books are great, and yeah that potter guy's like shit. you watch a lot of movies? For those of you who disagree, go watch Donnie Darko; Then DECIDE.

SJ
mansarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 03:41 PM   #202
biohazard

I have liked the movies, and I also enjoyed the books. But my interest in the novels stopped some years ago, so now I just watch the movies.
biohazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:39 PM   #203
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I sort of like the movies. I stopped reading the books. Maybe I should consider reading them again.....nah.

But Daniel Radcliffe is hot.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:25 PM   #204
Cicero

I wouldn't call myself obsessed, but every time a book's been released I haven't been able to resist buying it the moment it's out and devouring it that very day. I first started reading it when I was eleven (and awaited my Hogwarts letter for many months after >_<), and ever since I've been growing up with the characters so I've got that sort of attachment to them now.

The movies aren't nearly as good as the books - I'd already painted such a vivid picture of the books in my mind that seeing a different interpretation on screen just wasn't right for me. But as movies they're still great (and casting Alan Rickman as Snape was perfect).

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 11:22 AM   #205
Alexander IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight_Terror
I love Harry potter...well the movies anyway. The books have alot to be desired where it comes to some of the plot...but the movies are awseome with all the special effects and Draco Malfoy...that boy is hot
Yes: yes he is

But anyway I love Harry Potter Infact it was how I started getting into reading!
Slytherin forever!!!
Alexander IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 02:40 PM   #206
luna5770

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight_Terror
The book is aggrivating and far to predictable, I guessed from the end of book 4 that Snape was on the darkside..and guess what...I WAS RIGHT. Eh

And guess what...you were wrong
luna5770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 03:03 PM   #207
JCC

Harry Potter sucks.

The only redeeming feature of the books was the strong Ku
Klux
Klan
(fucking filters) metaphor of the hooded Death Eaters who wanted to kill 'mudbloods' to liberate wizards. That was it. That was the great subtext of an entirely texty travesty.

And guess what? NOBODY FUCKING GOT THAT METAPHOR.

So the one good feature of the books was out of the intellectual grasp of the readers, and the book showcased some of the worst grammar in history.

Wow. I should just dribble onto a piece of paper, I could make a bestseller too.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 05:56 PM   #208
††BlackRose††

I hate Harry Potter.

I agree with JCC, but I didn't know about the Ku Klux Klan metaphor. It isn't worth anyone's time.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:02 PM   #209
Godslayer Jillian

It turned many children into avid readers. Of course, that was before the movies came out.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:08 AM   #210
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
It turned many children into avid readers. Of course, that was before the movies came out.
No, it turned many children into readers of shitty books.

I'll admit, I started out on Harry Potter, and enjoyed them, until I was about 11. Then I read 1984. I haven't looked back since, because the Harry Potter books are so terribly written it's like trying to decipher the mad babble of a five year old.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:16 PM   #211
Apathy's_Child

Harry Potter fucking sucks. The books are full of cliche, pompous language and second-hand ideas. I especially don't get how so many females like them, considering all the girls spend all their time weeping, trembling at danger and generally acting like asses. Anything remotely likeable about the books has been done better by someone else.

Yep, that's what I said.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote