Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:27 PM   #1
chelseagirl

Battlestar Galactica

Anyone here watch? I LOVE it...I'm so bummed that there are no new episodes for until 2009.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:51 PM   #2
L'Oiseau Noir

Greatest fucking show on Sci-Fi, ever. That and Stargate SG-1 (and Atlantis) are the only shows I'll sit down and watch, as well as the occasional Star Trek.

I'm also pretty bummed out we won't be seeing new episodes until 2009. But I'm sure it'll be well worth the wait.

"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws." - Charles Baudelaire

L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 06:38 PM   #3
HeatherCD

i got pissed off because they can't publish a schedule. I haven't watched it since the second season since I never know when its gonna be on again. After missing a few episodes I gave up. I love the series, but come on.. every other TV station can publish a schedule why can't Sci-Fi????
HeatherCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:09 AM   #4
chelseagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherCD
i got pissed off because they can't publish a schedule. I haven't watched it since the second season since I never know when its gonna be on again. After missing a few episodes I gave up. I love the series, but come on.. every other TV station can publish a schedule why can't Sci-Fi????

Wha-wha-what???? You mean you don't have Tivo/DVR???

lol, I would die without my DVR!
Old 06-24-2008, 02:05 PM   #5
Linen

My husband & one of my best friends are obsessed with this show. Can someone fill me in on why it's so interesting? I'm not trying to be condescending, but I don't understand the appeal. Perhaps b/c I'm not a fan of Sci Fi? I may try to watch it if you can convince me otherwise.
Linen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 03:34 PM   #6
raggedyanne

I can't explain it, Battlestar Gallactica is just . . . addicting! I too would die without my DVR. One of the few things that Comcast has ever done for me is allow me to watch my sci-fi shows whenever i want.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 05:36 PM   #7
HeatherCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseagirl
Wha-wha-what???? You mean you don't have Tivo/DVR???

lol, I would die without my DVR!
Sure... got it 3 months ago. a little late now.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:38 PM   #8
HeatherCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linen
My husband & one of my best friends are obsessed with this show. Can someone fill me in on why it's so interesting? I'm not trying to be condescending, but I don't understand the appeal. Perhaps b/c I'm not a fan of Sci Fi? I may try to watch it if you can convince me otherwise.
Sit down and watch the move they made first. Then watch the series from episode one. If you do anything less yo will be totally lost. The show si just so real and intense you can't help but not watch. It's kind of like a train wreck, you know it's gonna be ugly but you just have to watch it.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:54 PM   #9
Tristanna

Its an amazing series. Have you heard about the thing they are going to make where they go back and follow two families on caprica before all the current stuff happened!
Tristanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:48 PM   #10
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
I've always wanted to get into the whole thing, it sounds and looks very interesting, but my mother hates cable. Not only that but I can't really get into it unless I watch it from the beginning. Understand the whole story and perspective, but without suddenly knowing the spoilers. Does anyone know of anywhere that has a complete archive of the modern battlestar all the way back to episode 1 on the internet?

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:59 AM   #11
GothicChristian

Scifi.com or try buying the series on dvd. Maybe even veohtv
GothicChristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 08:22 AM   #12
Tristanna

I'd download it with torrents from the beginning with mininova.org or somewhere
Old 06-25-2008, 10:17 AM   #13
chelseagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linen
I'm not sure, it's hard to explain. It's just written so well, and the acting is AMAZING!

I really don't like sci fi much in general either. I was never into any of the star treks (or various offshoots), or Starwars, etc. The only sci fi shows I've ever really liked have been Battlestar Galactica and Firefly.

I only started watching Battlestar about a year and a half ago, while I was home sick and there was a Battlestar marathon on sci fi channel. I watched it all day, from the first episode, then when out THAT NIGHT and bought all of the DVD box sets and proceeded to watch them all over the next few days.

DAMN, I'm telling you, the last episode...the mid-season finale...is SO DAMN GOOD, I have watched it SEVEN times!

That scene where Tigh confesses to Adama is seriously amazing.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:19 AM   #14
chelseagirl

I don't know about the various cable companies, by I have Verizon FIOS, and Battlestar Galactica is available "On Demand".
Old 06-25-2008, 10:23 AM   #15
Tristanna

We named our pets after Apollo and Starbuck, two hamsters
Old 07-16-2008, 03:19 PM   #16
damion

Quote:
I don't know about the various cable companies, by I have Verizon FIOS, and Battlestar Galactica is available "On Demand".

I know that Comcast Dose that in my area

but not to far back Ive missed so sooooo much
damion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 07:09 AM   #17
chelseagirl

lol, I just want to know who the final fracking cylon is!!!!
Old 07-18-2008, 04:41 PM   #18
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Haha! I just saw the miniseries on dvd last night courtesy of one of top 20 Libraries in the United States, and the best Library in Wisconsin.
Quote:
lol, I just want to know who the final fracking cylon is!!!!
Well from what I saw last night cylons are robots that rebelled against their creators(humans) and want revenge on us. Some of them are your steriotypical robot, others are quite attractive looking(wikipedia search Number 6(battlestar galactica)).

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote