Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 04-02-2016, 06:05 PM   #1
BlacKat

Good lipstick brands?

I'm looking for good brands of lipstick, or preferably lip stain, that come in non-standard colors. Locally all I can find are the teen brands, which tend to be very cheap and wear off quickly.
BlacKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 08:21 AM   #2
Acharis

Argh, didn't my previous answer post?

It's been so long since I wore dramatic makeup but there are better quality unusual colours. You might try the 'London' line Kate Moss did with Rimmel. It has a very dark purple. Another choice might be the Revlon black cherry.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 03:14 PM   #3
Xombie

Colourpop has some very interesting colors in the ultra matte collection. They're not stains but they dry to a matte finish and stay on for-fucking-ever to the point where it's kind of difficult to remove.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 04:49 PM   #4
LovelyLunaxx

Oh you are totally in my wheel house now. I did makeup for years, surprisingly I got about as many "I love your makeup" comments as I did whispers and terrified glances. For a wonderful black lipstick I recommend ELF (eyeslipsface.com), they have a black lipstick that stays on VERY well (especially if you apply a black liner beforehand, even a black non-liquid eyeliner will do the trick) and are only about $3 or $5 a pop. Other than that I recommend blending a bit of Vaseline with different shades of eyeshadow. You can custom create your own lip color and it is incredibly inexpensive. Happy hunting and let me know if you need any further assistance.
LovelyLunaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 05:22 AM   #5
VampiressLillith

Avon Cosmetics do a lot of dark gothic colours. So I would give them a go. Their Power Stay liquid lipstick comes in two impressive shades. Power On Plum and Stay Put Sangria.
VampiressLillith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 03:22 PM   #6
UnderwaterOphelia

KVD everlasting liquid lipstick is the best, in my opinion, and her dumb ass is no longer associated with the brand, so you can buy without supporting her. Tons of colors are just $5 right now, too.
UnderwaterOphelia is offline   Reply With Quote