Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 02-09-2010, 07:47 PM   #1601
Ophelia's Snorkel

Haven't you seen this thing, Random?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVgfRlqUxls

When the machines take over the world, snow will be MANDATORY!
Old 02-09-2010, 07:52 PM   #1602
Random Havoc

Point taken. Time to begin work on that virus that ensures machines can never take over the world.
Random Havoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:12 PM   #1603
xXxRobynxXx

I feel I should say I hate snow as well after tonight..
I just got to my parents house, and I'm still shaking.
Never, ever, will I drive in snow again. My truck was sliding all over the place, and it wouldn't stop when I hit the brakes. The road was on the side of a mountain, mind you. Every time I did manage to stop I would get stuck for a while..
FUCK SNOW. I never thought I'd miss LA.
xXxRobynxXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:20 PM   #1604
Saya

I'm starting to hate snow too, it sucks because I always thought snow was wonderful because I loved playing in it and sledding, but now its come to be a safety issue and I hate walking in it. There is no sidewalks here to speak of anymore, the plows just pile it all on them. On the walk home today I had to walk on the side of the road, it makes me really nervous especially when my back is to the cars behind me.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:19 AM   #1605
Geoluhread

I just woke up late, again. No matter at what time I go to sleep I wake up at 1pm.
I can`t wait to get back to school >.<
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:24 AM   #1606
Ben Lahnger

4.3 Earthquake Rattles Northern Illinois:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/02/10/ill...ex.html?hpt=T2

My folks live in the house I grew up in; it's in southeastern Wisconsin. There is an underground faultline called the San Madreas Fault that runs from their area down to Illinois.

I would never have heard of it except for two things: 1) My Dad could sense these low level tremors that no one else knew anything about. He'd day, "Did you just feel that ... the earth just moved." And we thought it was Dad being peculiar until 2) a hairline crack appeared in the living room ceiling. When we looked into why the crack occured we found out about the fault.

We'd plaster over the crack. Then one day months or a year later, Dad would say, 'Did you feel that?" and the crack would reappear. But it never amounted to tremors registering high enough to make the news.

4.3 this morning. My nephew who lives in the area said it rattled a few dishes. My sister who lives nearby says she didn't notice a thing. Still, I think I'll be calling my folks a little later to make sure they're okay. Strange.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:45 AM   #1607
Random Havoc

It was reevaluated as a 3.8.. Those generally aren't anything to worry about from my experience.. If you're asleep it's unlikely to even wake you up.
Random Havoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:51 AM   #1608
Ben Lahnger

Yes. And yet ... the words Illinois and earthquake seem like they shouldn't appear in the same sentence.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 02-11-2010, 03:21 PM   #1609
xXxRobynxXx

Alexander McQueen died today...... =(
xXxRobynxXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:24 PM   #1610
Still Jack

White Russians are the shit.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:59 PM   #1611
Amunet

I concur! Mmm. I want one.....
Amunet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:16 PM   #1612
Solumina

Work was worried that I wouldn't be able to make it in this morning so I got to stay on property last night. The wall paper selections for the kitchen and one of the bathrooms were beyond atrocious but that was just about the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Jake also got to stay on property and, even though we were assigned rooms at different properties (they are less than five miles apart), I ended up crashing at his. No sexy fun times we just fixed food together in his unit and I was really sleepy so I decided to just go to bed (which is fine as long as the unit is not at capacity and he was sharing a two bedroom unit with one person, though I think sexy fun times is still frowned upon).
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:14 PM   #1613
Saya

My roommate has been watching Nip/Tuck nonstop, its driving me crazy. Its like a really bad prime time soap opera. Its like they make it up as they go along.

So I'm going to send her slash fiction on facebook in the hopes that she will realize that the fan fiction is far better written than the show.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:19 AM   #1614
FlowerGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
My roommate has been watching Nip/Tuck nonstop, its driving me crazy. Its like a really bad prime time soap opera. Its like they make it up as they go along.
I hate Nip/Tuck. The first season was ok but it drags on and on like HOUSE.

I would tell your roommate to go watch some better shows
FlowerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 07:39 AM   #1615
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerGirl View Post
I would tell your roommate to go watch some better shows
That's a two edged sword. I would expect any person with a decent amount of self-esteem to question your tastes and why you should dictate what they should like or watch any more than they should dictate what you should like or watch.

I think a better approach would be to see if they can't watch the programs that they like but that annoy you away from you or at a lowered volume. And advise them it's in both your interests to reach a compromise, or the logical conclusion will be you playing Sisters of Mercy (or whatever music you choose) at full volume on the stereo every time they're watching that show loud enough to annoy you.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 02-12-2010, 08:27 AM   #1616
oktoberschilde

Location: I have Flying Monkeys; And I am not afraid to use them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
That's a two edged sword. I would expect any person with a decent amount of self-esteem to question your tastes and why you should dictate what they should like or watch any more than they should dictate what you should like or watch.

I think a better approach would be to see if they can't watch the programs that they like but that annoy you away from you or at a lowered volume. And advise them it's in both your interests to reach a compromise, or the logical conclusion will be you playing Sisters of Mercy (or whatever music you choose) at full volume on the stereo every time they're watching that show loud enough to annoy you.

Good stuff Ben. But one more suggestion if I may? Thank you sir. Dear Flowergirl: This is that age of Teevo. Get one. Have a heart to heart with your roomie about their viewing habits. Then and record all the program you can. And make him or her promise to watch it only in your absence. And remember it is just a phase. 2 or 3 thousand reruns later; they will grow out of it.

The Infamous Mr. Oktober
oktoberschilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:31 AM   #1617
Amunet

Quote:
Originally Posted by oktoberschilde View Post
Good stuff Ben. But one more suggestion if I may? Thank you sir. Dear Flowergirl: This is that age of Teevo. Get one. Have a heart to heart with your roomie about their viewing habits. Then and record all the program you can. And make him or her promise to watch it only in your absence. And remember it is just a phase. 2 or 3 thousand reruns later; they will grow out of it.

The Infamous Mr. Oktober
mm teevo is amazing.... however it was Saya that has the roomie with the nip/tuck affinity =)
Old 02-12-2010, 09:26 AM   #1618
FlowerGirl

Quote:

Um. I wasn't talking about my roomate.. (i dont have one?) but thanks, I'll keep that in mind.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:27 AM   #1619
FlowerGirl

Oh and I do watch Tv shows too I'm obsessed with Criminal Minds and True Blood.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:30 AM   #1620
Ben Lahnger

No, I knew Saya made the original remark. I was responding specifically to the advice you were giving her, FlowerGirl.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 02-12-2010, 09:39 AM   #1621
FlowerGirl

Quote:
No, I knew Saya made the original remark. I was responding specifically to the advice you were giving her, FlowerGirl.
Forget I ever said anything
Old 02-12-2010, 10:01 AM   #1622
Ben Lahnger

I probably should have used more specific language that made it clear I was responding to your advice and then offering Saya some different advice.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 02-12-2010, 11:33 AM   #1623
Saya

Quote:

Me and my roommate are very close friends and we don't like being apart when we're home, like I won't go in my room and do something and she won't go in hers, we very much enjoy each other's company. We're like old women who knit together and watch tv or movies when we have nowhere to be and nothing better to do, basically, and with all the snow we're spending more time at home together. To be fair, she thinks the show is stupid, she mocks it just as much as I do, she just finds it addicting. Perhaps my introducing her to Rifftrax and MST3K has given her an appreciation for stupid things. So I'm just looking to see if there are shows that i don't hate, are just as addicting and we can watch together. Sadly she doesn't like anime though >.>

As for Teevo, doesn't really work since we don't have cable and can't afford it, she pirates the episodes and is working through the seasons. And since we're only home in the evenings and nighttimes she really doesn't have time to herself to watch it when I'm not here. She does when she can, but thats it.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:20 PM   #1624
Lolly PopMuzik

I get to see The Damned! But only for one night out of the two day stop they're making in SD and I'm kicking myself for not getting the other ticket. The day I'm seeing them falls on a school night and I've got a class discussion and my Pilates class that I can't get out of the next day.

But I don't plan to drink a whole lot just to save some dough and not end up hungover so it's all good. And if I get a chance to hang out the next night, I'll gladly take it.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:39 PM   #1625
Amunet

Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Valentines (Or anti-Valentines if that's your pleasure) Day, See you all next week.

Amunet