Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 03-28-2011, 05:40 PM   #4351
Murder.Of.Crows

It was pretty damn funny. I have to thank Ben for the trailer, otherwise I wouldn't have even heard of it.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:49 PM   #4352
Fruitbat

ARGH!! now I desperately want to see it..

crapola

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:28 PM   #4353
Fruitbat

Oh I watched Tangled - that was hiliarious.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:51 PM   #4354
Murder.Of.Crows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
Oh I watched Tangled - that was hiliarious.
It was alright, the singing was a bit forced at times though. I think they were trying to hard to match older Disney films. Still, a good watch.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:40 PM   #4355
Fruitbat

Ah just goes to show I'm a sucker for a love story, plus she used my favourite weapon of choice - a cast iron frying pan.

Old 03-29-2011, 11:19 AM   #4356
MissCheyenne

Black Dynamite followed by Kick Ass.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:45 AM   #4357
vindicatedxjin

Insidious was the shit!

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:18 PM   #4358
lordseraph

Rocky Horror Picture Show was the last movie I watched.
Damn, Tim Curry is awesome.
lordseraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:34 AM   #4359
Fruitbat

Red riding hood.... I love Garry oldman! sigh....

Old 04-05-2011, 01:00 PM   #4360
Murder.Of.Crows

Sucker Punch. Not what I expected, I watched the movie hoping for pure action involving girls in skimpy outfits. Usually I hate those movies, but I wanted to get pumped up. Instead I left with the movie subtly delivering a blow to my chest. That's right, the movie sucker punched me. The title was chosen so perfectly. Originally I thought it to be a title randomly slapped on to sound bad ass, but no, the entire movie is exactly that, a sucker punch.

Now the critics are all against this movie and really, I don't understand why. My assumption is that they don't like the idea that the men are represented as evil, maybe it was not the ending they would have chosen, or maybe they don't understand subtle story telling via psychological experiences.

The majority of the story is told through the lead characters perception of reality and being in a mental institute, one should already have guessed that reality would be skewed.

I highly recommend seeing this movie, but I also warn, it isn't all about action and skimpy outfits, you will leave the theater somewhat crushed and yet, exhilarated.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:57 PM   #4361
Apathy's_Child

True Grit. Not bad... not bad at all. There was a lot to like.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:25 PM   #4362
Solumina

Ice Twisters, I was completely disappointed. I though I was going to be getting government created twisters that shot shards of ice (cuz that is what the little description said) but they just made everything really cold and at one point it hailed, which did kill a guy but that isn’t the same. Nobody got impaled by anything, let alone a giant shard of ice, clearly SyFy dropped the ball.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:10 PM   #4363
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder.Of.Crows View Post
Sucker Punch. Not what I expected, I watched the movie hoping for pure action involving girls in skimpy outfits. Usually I hate those movies, but I wanted to get pumped up. Instead I left with the movie subtly delivering a blow to my chest. That's right, the movie sucker punched me. The title was chosen so perfectly. Originally I thought it to be a title randomly slapped on to sound bad ass, but no, the entire movie is exactly that, a sucker punch.

Now the critics are all against this movie and really, I don't understand why. My assumption is that they don't like the idea that the men are represented as evil, maybe it was not the ending they would have chosen, or maybe they don't understand subtle story telling via psychological experiences.

The majority of the story is told through the lead characters perception of reality and being in a mental institute, one should already have guessed that reality would be skewed.

I highly recommend seeing this movie, but I also warn, it isn't all about action and skimpy outfits, you will leave the theater somewhat crushed and yet, exhilarated.
Got a date with Mr Bat to see this. I wanted to see it because the girls kicked butt (which is so rare in movies).. Glad to hear that there is something that will get me thinking about this movie.

Old 04-10-2011, 06:04 AM   #4364
$haDe

Quote:

Finally someone who see the movie for what it really is.

The plot is indeed pretty simple but the detail and usage of cynical sarcastic parody of human's nature can be found in every little part of the movie.

It's one of the most brilliant movie the theatre have not seen for years.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:58 PM   #4365
Solumina

The Karate Kid (not the shitty new one)
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:32 PM   #4366
Saya

The Price Of Pleasure. I hate everything now.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:04 PM   #4367
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Kill Bill 1
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
Kill Bill 2

I love Channel 7Mate <3
Old 04-16-2011, 08:55 PM   #4368
Fruitbat

Quote:

Watched it. It was different. Went with my Mother-in-law who was like "Prepared to have your mind blown" and I came out and went "eeehhhh," I wasn't surprised by the ending.

**spoiler**
I figured that babydoll was quite maternal towards her babysister so it made sense that she would try and protect someone else, and I couldn't blame her for wanting to get a lobotamy - not after everything she went through - then she was free to go and live in her fantasy world for as long as she wanted to.

It was a great movie though. I didn't think all the guys in the movie were evil - I think there was one who was the manager and the other guys just didn't want to stand up to him because they feared they would lose their jobs, or they were spineless or something... And not all the guys were evil - I think they were all just doing their jobs, and didnt' really question what it was they were doing - like a lot of people - men and women alike.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:05 PM   #4369
AnotherVampireLover

The last movie I saw was Where the Buffalo Roam. I thought it was pretty funny, Bill Murray did a great job imitating Hunter S. Thompson.
AnotherVampireLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:07 AM   #4370
Fruitbat

whale rider - i forgot what a beautiful movie that is.

Old 04-17-2011, 03:01 PM   #4371
erotomaniac87

I watched "Amélie" and "Trucker" the other day. Today I watched "Coraline," and later on tonight I'll be watching "The Professional."
Old 04-18-2011, 06:43 PM   #4372
Saya

A Jihad For Love, which was excellent, and The Vaccine War, which made me hate Jim Carrey.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:52 AM   #4373
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Jurassic Park and The Neverending Story. The latter is not the movie I remember it to be, the former is exactly what I remember it to be.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:41 PM   #4374
Shikenkan

New Police Story, I just love sad dramatic deaths.
Shikenkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:46 PM   #4375
AnotherVampireLover

The Last Industrial Revolution. It was so boring that the imvu ad seemed more interesting.
AnotherVampireLover is offline   Reply With Quote