Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 05-28-2006, 09:48 PM   #1
LEXX

Hi All

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
I work for a company as a flt opp on night shift(we call the place Slavers or Save-us)its acctually called Savers in case your wondering. I paint in my spare time, miniture models mostly, fantasy figures, and leather jackets wen im feeling possitive i can paint for hours at a time with very little sleep.

2. Where are you from?
Darlington UK

3. Who is your favorite author?
I dont read as often i should (so im told) and wen i do i usually go for horror...Clive Barker
4. What are your favorite films?
Again...Horror(The Exorcist, Evil Dead) I love all that Vampire and Zombie stuff and Fantasy(Clash of the Titans, LOTR)to name but a few

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
Hmm...Im constantly being reminded by my girlfriend (13 years now) getting married is not an option...but lets jus say we did...it would have to be something by Jethro Tull. yes in fact id have Jethro Tull there at our wedding playing all our favourate songs just for us

6. At your funeral?
I dunno...Jethro Tull

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
Peacefully

8. What kind of casket would you want?
I dont wont a casket put me in the ground and plant a tree above my head that would be nice

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
I only have one outfit even tho I have Plenty of clothes, and ther all Black. Black boots, black trousers, black tops, black jacket, black hair...black soul...

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
being small
11. What's your favorite band?
I have many But the one band I always go back to is Fields of the Nephilim

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
well slap my wrist I aint got an education cept that which I tought myself. Im doin ok I aint got any complaints

13. Why did you join?
Seemed like my kind of place the more I looked the more I liked
LEXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 09:50 PM   #2
Sanctus Dei

Well hot damn, one of them 'listens to rulez' types.. I thought all was lost!!

Welcome Lexx.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 09:52 PM   #3
LEXX

lol...hi i
was lost for a while I am totaly new to this
Old 05-28-2006, 10:06 PM   #4
Sanctus Dei

Well that said, won't ride your ass for making mistakes.. take your time and get the feel. I think you'll enjoy yourself, and for the most part we love new blood. (as long as it contains an ioda of neuron power)
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

Old 05-28-2006, 10:11 PM   #5
Magpie_Tendencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEXX
12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
well slap my wrist I aint got an education cept that which I tought myself. Im doin ok I aint got any complaints
I liked this answer. It made me laugh out loud and now people in the library are staring at me.

Welcome.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:34 PM   #6
LEXX

thx Magpie
yeah I can laugh about it also I can pick up wer I left off at anytime...if i want too. Im glad it made you laugh I hope you wernt asked to leave the library
Old 05-28-2006, 10:40 PM   #7
Godslayer Jillian

Just one thing; proper grammar is a must in this site.

And welcome, of course.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 10:46 PM   #8
Sanctus Dei

I think he knows sweetheart.. he's being silly.

Old 05-28-2006, 11:04 PM   #9
LEXX

Just one thing; proper grammar is a must in this site.

I have no education remember;] but yeah im getting it
Old 05-28-2006, 11:11 PM   #10
bjork_freak

I'm guessing you're trying to quote. If you would like to quote something, hit "quote" just under the message you would like to reply to.

And, welcome.
bjork_freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 11:31 PM   #11
LEXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjork_freak
I'm guessing you're trying to quote. If you would like to quote something, hit "quote" just under the message you would like to reply to.

And, welcome.
Thanx bjork '8}
Old 05-29-2006, 05:17 PM   #12
bjork_freak

God I hope he was just bein' silly.
Old 05-29-2006, 05:20 PM   #13
Draconysius

Welcome to gNet. Post some pics of your cut wrists soon and gain our respect. Also, listening to Cradle of Filth is a MUST. ther so 60+th lyk rly kewl n stuf so wlcome 2 d brds!!!!!111!!!! (Dear god I hope he knows I'm joking)
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 08:03 PM   #14
mutsumiasakura

Location: In the darkest corner of the smallest, most boring town in the universe.
Draconysius is being scaaaaary . . .
If I hadn't know better, I almost would have been convinced.
*twitch*

"Poetry is the deification of reality." -Edith Sitwell

"Whoso eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood hath eternal life . . . "
mutsumiasakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 08:46 PM   #15
LEXX

Well thanks (sorry thank you all) for your help. I hope I can type without making to many mistakes(jesus its like being at school) Also now I introduced myself am I free to join in other conversations???
Old 05-29-2006, 09:08 PM   #16
bjork_freak

Converse away, young warrior.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:28 PM   #17
LEXX

Ok...but hey if I get flamed for some daft typo Im gonna be pissed cos I think its just a tad much to expect everyone has the same educational standing as some of you 'higher interlectuals' I mean do you guys get off on shooting people down or something?
Old 05-29-2006, 09:41 PM   #18
LEXX

[quote=LEXX]Ok...but hey if I get flamed for some daft typo Im gonna be pissed cos

Sorry I Just noticed this ^cos^ I think you all know it should read Becouse...ther you go I got ther before yall(you lot);] (Im allowed to quote/correct myself aint I???)

oh and bjork... I realy like your avitar, its whacko! yeah!
Old 05-29-2006, 09:54 PM   #19
bjork_freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEXX
Ok...but hey if I get flamed for some daft typo Im gonna be pissed cos I think its just a tad much to expect everyone has the same educational standing as some of you 'higher interlectuals' I mean do you guys get off on shooting people down or something?
Where would you come up with such a stupid comment? Look, this site is meant for people who like literature. Spelling and grammar is a HUGE part of literature. If you can't do it, then use spell check. And please don't try to act smart with us. It's that kind of attitude that will get you flamed. If you are respectful to us, we will let some of your spelling mistakes slip. If you disrespect us, it's just another thing for us to flame you on.
Old 05-29-2006, 11:34 PM   #20
LEXX

Look, this site is meant for people who like literature. Spelling and grammar is a HUGE part of literature. If you can't do it, then use spell check.

Fair enough. spell checks i can do. but man thats gonna slow my response time. Is a forum the same as a chat room? I dunno i came on here...well lets just say i thought it was a chat room now i think its not. I mean carnt i just chat to a person(anyone willing that is) without having to check my spelling or going through what ive said, before posting...

I like it here. You have lots of intersting topics to read through and lots of iteresting people to know. Im not anti literature I think its great if you get it (i just carnt get my head round it, I never was any good at english Im more of a painter myself, an Artist if you like. I speak with my brush (most of the time)...if only i knew the words
Old 05-29-2006, 11:49 PM   #21
Magpie_Tendencies

Forum are not the same as chatroooms.

In a chatroom, you only talk to people who are on at the same time as you. In a forum your posts stay up for others to reply to or discuss even after you have logged off.

This means that you do not have to reply to other people's posts immediately and you may take the time to check over your posts before placing them for everyone to see.

We prefer it if people take time to spell check their posts because it shows that they care about what they have to say. If you care about what you have to say, then people are more likely to care enough to read it. If you don't care about what you're saying, why should we?

Last edited by Magpie_Tendencies; 05-29-2006 at 11:52 PM. Reason: It's funny because I was telling him to spell check...
Magpie_Tendencies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 11:09 AM   #22
Sanctus Dei

I'm questioning that myself dear Xng....