Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:56 PM   #1
Entropic

Tom Clancy Games/Movies

So, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier was just announced, and I'm pretty excited. Here's the website with a trailer, if you want to see what I'm talking about: http://ghostrecon.uk.ubi.com/

Which got me to thinking: Does anyone here play any Tom Clancy games, or like the movies?

Personally, I haven't liked much of any of the movies, but I enjoyed the crap out of Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon and Splinter Cell.
Entropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:38 PM   #2
Luv2H8

I liked EndWar.
Never finished the Russian missions, though.
Luv2H8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 05:30 AM   #3
Raptor

I've played Rainbow Six Vegas (and the second one), I like those. GRAW2 is way too easy though so I don't know if I'll be getting this new one. Ghost Recon 2 was pretty easy as well.

Is that Conviction game any good? I haven't played any Splinter Cell games since the first one.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:40 PM   #4
Entropic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
Is that Conviction game any good? I haven't played any Splinter Cell games since the first one.
Hasn't been released yet.

If it's like Chaos Theory, it'll be good. If it's like Double Agent... meh.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:57 PM   #5
Luv2H8

How many games has he made? I'm sort of new to the Tom Clancy games. I've only played EndWar and Rainbow Six Vegas for PSP (controls SUCKED); any recommendations?
Luv2H8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:31 PM   #6
Entropic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2H8 View Post
How many games has he made? I'm sort of new to the Tom Clancy games. I've only played EndWar and Rainbow Six Vegas for PSP (controls SUCKED); any recommendations?
If you count expansion packs, his name is on at least 35 games.

Splinter Cell and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory are the two good Splinter Cell games. Pandora Tomorrow is meh, and Double Agent got really weird at times.

I love the Rainbow Six series, but they're really old school. Rogue Spear is my favorite, followed by Raven Shield. The main Vegas and Vegas 2 are good games, but they're nothing like the original Rainbow Sixes. They have resemblance in name only. Lockdown was basically the precursor to Vegas, except with a lot less polish. Critical Hour fixed gameplay, but ran way too short on content.

Ghost Recon and it's expansion packs were fun. Ghost Recon 2 never caught my attention. Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter was interesting, but too easy and not as complex as the previous Ghost Recons. GR:AW 2 was pretty much more of the same.

Sum of all fears was kind of like a Ghost Recon/Rainbow Six hybrid. Fairly enjoyable, but I wouldn't pay more than $10 for it.

H.A.W.X. is a fun little flight sim, but ultimately really repetitive.

The rest I didn't really find worth mentioning or playing, and they're also hella old.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:57 AM   #7
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropic View Post
Hasn't been released yet.

If it's like Chaos Theory, it'll be good. If it's like Double Agent... meh.
Ah yeah. I saw it advertised ages ago, assumed it would be out by now. I might look into it after exams.

I had a demo of H.A.W.X., really couldn't stand it. The external camera thing annoyed me.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote