Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 05-02-2006, 04:59 AM   #76
Mistress-Liriel

Let's see...

1) The Sound of Thunder
2) The Ring
3) The Blair Witch Project

And the Grand Prize winner...the ONLY movie I ever wanted to walk out on repeatedly, but was forced to watch against my will because as someone who met Dee Snider and had correspondence with him on a regular basis, my friend strongly believed he HAD to sit through the heaping pile of crap - STRANGELAND. This of course meant that in his loyalty, I was put through PURE HELL. If any movie could make me wretch, it's that one. Not from fear, but from pure disgust that somehow, someone, or several people decided that would be a great 'psychological thriller'. I've seen scarier stuff in Atlantic City on a Saturday night.
Mistress-Liriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 03:28 AM   #77
Somber Illusions

This one I just recently viewed.

Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle.

WTF?

Boycott White Castle.
Somber Illusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 06:01 PM   #78
Darkfeeling

The new version of Time Machine. What a crappy ending.

The Ring.
Darkfeeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 03:15 PM   #79
Emerald

The Passion of The Christ....self serving over produced hollywood tripe.
Emerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 07:36 AM   #80
Immortal_Death

Scarymove 1 and 2 rocks but 3rd and 4th which were directed by a different director, the Zucker Brothers, made it lame and stupid.
Old 06-18-2006, 02:28 PM   #81
LittleMissTaxidermy

- Going Bananas
-Some movie I don't remember the name to. It was supposed to be scary, and whenever someone stepped into darkness, this big white sheet that was supposed to be some sort of phantom, swooped down and took them.
LittleMissTaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 04:18 AM   #82
Child_of_Fury

Every teen movie (Scary Movie, etc.).

Most of the 80's - 90's splatter horror flicks (Evil Dead, Return of the Living Dead...)

RoboCop 3 (pu-lease... I can't believe I liked this movie once)
Child_of_Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 04:27 AM   #83
Lady Victoria Pareesis

-Attack of the Giant Mousaka (so pathetic that it was funny in the end)

-any Jackie Chan Movie (plot? plot?)

-any Chuck Norris movie (but at last you can find some wonderful quotes wich will make you laugh until your dying day "It put my feet where I want to put them Little John, and it's often in the face")

-that guy who is half a vampire. No plot, no point, and hideous special effects. Only comforting thought : I was invited and didn't have to pay for it.

"They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
Terry Pratchett
Lady Victoria Pareesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 04:51 AM   #84
Lady Victoria Pareesis

Too late to edit, so I make a new post:

Every movie who was "inspired from a PK Dick novel". *grumble grumble*

Or from any science-fiction book I loved *angry* Give me my books baaaack you thieves!

Litterature killers! You despicable piece of fetid carp, how dare they use those wonderfull books to make such craps!
*burns dvds of Minority Report, Solaris, Paycheck, I, Robot, etc...*
Exception for "The Stepford Wives" though.

"They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
Terry Pratchett
Lady Victoria Pareesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 05:24 AM   #85
Demonista_Ravenesque

I can't believe no one mentioned this!

The Toxic Avenger

Fuck, it's terrible!

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Demonista_Ravenesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 11:36 PM   #86
SonOfLilith

All Chuck Norris and Steven Seagal Movies
and all german action movies trying to make as pro stunts and pyro as hollywood. Just ridiculously!

And nearly all Arnie movies. What a shame. How can you stand his a accent/ slang??!!?
SonOfLilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 06:06 AM   #87
Loy

Lady Victoria-every movie inspired by Dick? Sorry, but "Blade Runner" is fucking amazing...OK, it's more Burroughs than Dick, but STILL!!!!

Demonista-"Toxic Avenger" isn't high art, but it's still a shitload of fun, and it knows it's not a good film. thus, it isn't a bad film.

SonOf Lilith-just so you know, I know the guy that created Seagalogy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vern_%28film_critic%29 And in the words of Vern "then fuck you, jack!"
Old 07-09-2006, 03:00 PM   #88
Beowulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loy
Lady Victoria-every movie inspired by Dick? Sorry, but "Blade Runner" is fucking amazing...OK, it's more Burroughs than Dick, but STILL!!!!

Demonista-"Toxic Avenger" isn't high art, but it's still a shitload of fun, and it knows it's not a good film. thus, it isn't a bad film.

SonOf Lilith-just so you know, I know the guy that created Seagalogy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vern_%28film_critic%29 And in the words of Vern "then fuck you, jack!"
`Toxic Avenger` Rawks, Loy,

Troma rule !!!
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 04:18 PM   #89
cradle

probably any B-rated horror flicks from the 80's.
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord to tell everyone about that time at Ronnie's house when I smashed the beer bottle over my own head.
cradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 04:23 PM   #90
DeviousOne

The Haunted Mansion >_<
DeviousOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 08:05 PM   #91
Draconysius

the Haunted Mansion WAS an extremely awful movie. How many movie cliche's can you fit into one movie? Ask Disney, and they'll raise the bar. I also hate the habit that film producers have to slap on some sappy love story into a comedy flick.

As for Saw, it's kind of difficult to grasp the philosophical undertones without seeing the sequel, which ultimately exploited it. Most people don't appreciate life until they know they're about to die. It actually started out as an independent film and some hollywood producer picked it up when it ranked #1 in the independent film festival.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 04:39 AM   #92
Loy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconysius
[i]

As for Saw, it's kind of difficult to grasp the philosophical undertones without seeing the sequel, which ultimately exploited it. Most people don't appreciate life until they know they're about to die. It actually started out as an independent film and some hollywood producer picked it up when it ranked #1 in the independent film festival.
And again, I say

"Draconysus-Where is the philosophy in "Saw"? Sorry, but all the reactions you had to "Shit", one could wasilly have with any of the 70's exploitation flicks. Sorry, but "Saw' was a follow-the-bouncing-ball faux-exploitation flick that doesn't even have the balls to go all the way. It's as if the film-maker said "oh, I can't believe I'm stuck doing a horror film. I'm SOOOO above this, and the scum that watch it...oh well, it's a paycheck, so I'll give the type of scum that enjoy these films all they want", and the people who "enjoy" it arein reality pissed off about how crappy the film is, so they keep telling themselves things to justify the fact that they paid $9 for a piece-of-shit film...things like "in all actuality, it's a deeply philosophical film"."

And just to clarify for you, it started out as "independant" as a Spielberg film. Films aren't neccesarily made by major studios, but by "production companies", and the films are distributed by major studios. Most of the time, these production companies are nothing more than arms of the studios, such as with "Saw". And number one on independant circuits? Really? Because it was never shown on any film circuit other than the box offices it was already booked to play. No independant circuit ever picked it up because it was never offered to them in the first place. Sorry, try again.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:41 AM   #93
cradle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loy
And again, I say

"Draconysus-Where is the philosophy in "Saw"? Sorry, but all the reactions you had to "Shit", one could wasilly have with any of the 70's exploitation flicks. Sorry, but "Saw' was a follow-the-bouncing-ball faux-exploitation flick that doesn't even have the balls to go all the way. It's as if the film-maker said "oh, I can't believe I'm stuck doing a horror film. I'm SOOOO above this, and the scum that watch it...oh well, it's a paycheck, so I'll give the type of scum that enjoy these films all they want", and the people who "enjoy" it arein reality pissed off about how crappy the film is, so they keep telling themselves things to justify the fact that they paid $9 for a piece-of-shit film...things like "in all actuality, it's a deeply philosophical film"."
I agree with you in this, Saw sucked. It had the shittiest ending in the world, I don't even know what happened to the guy that cut his leg off.
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord to tell everyone about that time at Ronnie's house when I smashed the beer bottle over my own head.
cradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 07:23 AM   #94
Jimsin

So many to choose from, but the two that come to mind just now are 'I Robot' and 'The Dukes of Hazard' ...... both had me writhing around in mental agony.

Oh, and 'Mission to Mars' was another squirmathon.
Jimsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 12:47 PM   #95
TorturedAngel66

one movie i think sucked, i actually almost fell asleep during this movie, but anyways the movie was "Dark Water". i thought it was terrible, also i didn't really like "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" i was kind of weird, but it wasn't the best, and "Boogeyman" sucked too.
TorturedAngel66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 02:53 PM   #96
She_Is_My_Sin

Ooh I must contribute!

'Win A Date With Tad Hamilton' was so stupid on so many levels. But 'The Princess Diaries 2' wins by miles. It never seemd to end & was as entertaining as watching paint dry. Even the 8 year old girls the film was aimed at didn't enjoy it (it was a pals birthday, she wanted to see it). I got so bored I sort of withdrew into my mind & sat there thinking about complex issues of my life whilst glancing at Anne Hathaway's sugary sweet grin.

I can't even imagine how bad the prequel must have been.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 09:15 PM   #97
roserougesang

There was one I was dragged to rather recently. It was called 'Kenny' and it was about a Australian guy who works with portable toilets o_O

Makes you wonder about the film industry sometimes......
No greater love than mine.
-Annie Lennox, Love Song For A Vampire-

Rouge Z. Hatter has FINALLY returned to Gnet!
roserougesang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 08:46 PM   #98
Gretchen Mädelnick

Almost everything Hollywood related.
Gretchen Mädelnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 02:58 AM   #99
roserougesang

My personal opinion on movies now is that if they're made more for artistic expression than moneymaking, they're more likely to be good. Explains the brilliance of some arthouse films I've seen in the past.
No greater love than mine.
-Annie Lennox, Love Song For A Vampire-

Rouge Z. Hatter has FINALLY returned to Gnet!
roserougesang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 01:20 AM   #100
Immortal_Death

I was disappointed at the movie I watched last week called Goth. [no comments about that movie]