Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 11-23-2005, 12:43 AM   #1
rockandrose

New Movie: I Dream of Jeannie (2006)

One of my all time favourite tv series is "I dream of Jeannie" of the 60s, as I found the show to be generally comical, light hearted and entertaining. Do you remember Barbara Eden who played Jeannie?

Apparently, there is a remake of this good old sitcom, currently in production. The main female actress to play the role of 'Jeannie' is yet to be decided. According to a newspaper I recently read, the role is between Kate Hudson and Lindsey Lohan. As, this is a remake of the original, my only hope is that this production won't be as terrible as the remake of "Bewitched".

I think Lohan would ruin the role of Jeannie. Kate Hudson could possibly portray Jeannie better than Lohan.

What do you think?
Old 11-23-2005, 01:01 AM   #2
mortalitas incomitatus

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'M SOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cant wait, and yes lohan will fuck it up.

*mortalitas does the NAKED happy dance.

*another eliter*
mortalitas incomitatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 01:02 AM   #3
tenet_2012

Naked happy dances rule!

--Geisha
tenet_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 06:43 AM   #4
edible_eye

i think it should be salma hayek. she's got the tits for it and let's face facts - who wouldn't want her serving you and granting your every wish?

god damn, the things i'd wish for...

oh, and mortalitas - do a little more naked jumping with all that dancing, please.

thank you.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:16 AM   #5
rockandrose

Salma Hayek is undisputably HOT in many ways. Though, I haven't seen any of her movies so I can't make a judgement of her acting skills.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:31 AM   #6
edible_eye

me neither - but the movie's gonna suck. there's no way they can re-create that chemistry. at least with salma in the role, there'd be plenty of eye candy.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:35 AM   #7
rockandrose

So, the new Jeannie should be the 'sex Godness' instead of the 'ditsy cute lil Jeannie'?
Old 11-23-2005, 08:06 AM   #8
edible_eye

the new jeannie shouldn't even be made - but since it will, might as well make it look good so there's at least one good part to it.

Old 11-23-2005, 10:19 AM   #9
secretboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockandrose
Salma Hayek is undisputably HOT in many ways. Though, I haven't seen any of her movies so I can't make a judgement of her acting skills.
If you want a good example of her acting well, check out 'Frida'. She was...amazing in that.

She's just often in roles where there isn't much for her to do
Old 12-02-2005, 12:01 PM   #10
Dr. Faust

I loved that show as a kid. You are correct about the remake of Bewitched, it sucked. I didn't even finish the movie. It always pissed me off as a kid that Major Nelson would keep her locked in his bottle while going out with girls that were not one tenth as attractive as she was. God should have made me find that bottle, not Major Nelson. I would have appreciated her a whole lot more!
Dr. Faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 01:16 AM   #11
Count_Lyne

I heard Paris Hilton was playing the role of the Jeanie... but, I agree that Lindsay will "fuck" up the role, I don't really like her that much....
Count_Lyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 11:34 AM   #12
Tall One In Black

I was afraid of that show when I was little. I was scared of the way Jeannie turned into smoke and got trapped in the bottle. When the theme music from the show would come on, I would run out of the room.

(I don't remember any of this; my mother told me.)
Old 12-13-2005, 04:20 PM   #13
Demon Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall One In Black
I was afraid of that show when I was little. I was scared of the way Jeannie turned into smoke and got trapped in the bottle. When the theme music from the show would come on, I would run out of the room.

(I don't remember any of this; my mother told me.)
perhaps they're just lies, but then again she could be saying the truth, see this is why things should always be recorded on video or pictures, lol.
Demon Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 04:21 PM   #14
Demon Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by edible_eye
me neither - but the movie's gonna suck. there's no way they can re-create that chemistry. at least with salma in the role, there'd be plenty of eye candy.
YUMMMY! talk about eye candy!!!!!!!!!!!
Demon Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 02:27 PM   #15
Tall One In Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Eyes
perhaps they're just lies, but then again she could be saying the truth, see this is why things should always be recorded on video or pictures, lol.
Why on earth would my mother lie to me about my childhood response to "I Dream of Jeannie"?
Old 12-14-2005, 04:29 PM   #16
rockandrose

You don't mean Shakira the singer?