Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 03-29-2010, 08:53 AM   #1
CptSternn

Nut jobs from around America arrested

http://tinyurl.com/yzcpjcg

Militia members charged with police-killing plot

Quote:
WASHINGTON – Nine suspects tied to a Christian militia in the Midwest are charged with conspiring to kill police officers, then attack a funeral in the hopes of killing more law enforcement personnel, federal prosecutors said Monday.

U.S. Attorney Barbara McQuade said agents moved on the group because the Hutaree members were planning a violent reconaissance mission sometime in April — just a few days away.

Members of the group called Hutaree are charged in the case, including their leader, David Brian Stone, also known as "Captain Hutaree."

Once other officers gathered for a slain officer's funeral, the group planned to detonate homemade bombs at the funeral, killing more, according to newly unsealed court papers.

According to the indictment, the idea of attacking a police funeral was one of numerous scenarios discussed as ways to go after law enforcement officers. Other scenarios included a fake 911 call to lure an officer to his or her death, or an attack on the family of a police officer.

After such attacks, the group allegedly planned to retreat to "rally points" protected by trip-wired improvised explosive devices, or IEDs, for what they expected would become a violent standoff with law enforcement personnel.

"It is believed by the Hutaree that this engagement would then serve as a catalyst for a more wide-sread uprising against the government," the indictment charges.

It includes charges of seditious conspiracy, possessing a firearm during a crime of violence, teaching the use of explosives, and attempting to use a weapon of mass destruction — homemade bombs.

The indictment charges members of the group conspired "to levy war against the United States, (and) to oppose by force the authority of the government of the United States."

The charges follow FBI raids over the weekend on locations in Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana.

According to investigators, the Hutaree view local, state, and federal law enforcement personnel as a "brotherhood" and an enemy, and planned to attack them as part of an armed struggle against the U.S. government.

Eight suspects have been arrested by the FBI, and one more is being sought. Of the eight captured, seven are due in court later Monday.

Andrew Arena, head of the FBI's field office in Detroit, said the case "is an example of radical and extremist fringe groups which can be found throughout our society. The FBI takes such extremist groups seriously, especially those who would target innocent citizens and the law enforcement officers who protect the citizens of the United States."

On its Web site, Hutaree quotes several Bible passages and states: "We believe that one day, as prophecy says, there will be an Anti-Christ. ... Jesus wanted us to be ready to defend ourselves using the sword and stay alive using equipment."

The group didn't return an e-mail sent by The Associated Press and phone numbers for the group's leadership were not immediately available.

Law enforcement swarmed a rural, wooded property Saturday evening near Adrian, about 70 miles southwest of Detroit. Two ramshackle trailers sat side-by-side on the property, the door to one slightly ajar late Sunday as if it had been forced open.

Phyllis Brugger, who has lived in the area for more than 30 years, said some people who lived there were known as having ties to militia. They would shoot guns and often wore camouflage, according to Brugger and her daughter, Heidi Wood.

"Everybody knew they were militia," Brugger said. "You don't mess with them."

In Hammond, Ind., 18-year-old George Ponce, who works at a pizzeria next door to a home that was raided, said he and a few co-workers stepped outside for a break Saturday night and saw a swarm of law enforcement.

"I heard a yell, 'Get back inside!' and saw a squad member pointing a rifle at us," Ponce said. "They told us the bomb squad was going in, sweeping the house looking for bombs."

He said another agent was in the bushes near the house, and law enforcement vehicles were "all over." He estimated that agents took more than two dozen guns from the house.

In Ohio, one of the raids occurred at Bayshore Estates, a well-kept trailer park in Sandusky, a small city on Lake Erie between Toledo and Cleveland. Neighbors said the man taken into custody lived in a trailer on a cul-de-sac with his wife and two young children.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:54 AM   #2
CptSternn

At first I was surprised deadman didn't post a dozen links to this.

Then I thought, maybe he was one of the nutters they drug off.

No replies since the arrests were made, dare we dream? : )
Old 03-29-2010, 09:06 AM   #3
Ben Lahnger

Heh heh! The same thought randomly popped into my head. But his output has slowed since he received over 30 infractions. I suspect it's just a coincidence.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:09 AM   #4
Despanan

Man, shit's getting crazy. These nutjobs really think health care is the beginning of the apocalypse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:25 AM   #5
Luv2H8

Maybe they this and started freaking out:
Luv2H8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:13 PM   #6
Entropic

I remember when USDOD (or maybe USDOH, not sure which) were circulating documents about the danger of right wing extremists, and right wingers were having a shit-fit saying that they didn't pose a threat to anyone.

Well, I have one thing to say to that: "Nah nah, fucking told you so."
Entropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:03 PM   #7
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropic View Post
I remember when USDOD (or maybe USDOH, not sure which) were circulating documents about the danger of right wing extremists, and right wingers were having a shit-fit saying that they didn't pose a threat to anyone.

Well, I have one thing to say to that: "Nah nah, fucking told you so."
Extremists of either side, or of anything for that matter are dangerous. The difference being in what way are they dangerous. Theres a reason why Extremist comes from the word Extreme.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:17 PM   #8
Deadmanwalking_05

Nope I wasn't arrested because those folks were fruit cakes...Even by my standards.

I won't be arrested because I stick to a strict code of conduct when out and about around my fellow Citizens.

This spot actually serves as a pressure valve for me,I just vent here then go about my business elsewhere,if I didn't do that I probably would go crazy.

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:02 PM   #9
Saya

say, do you think they are going to be detained indefinitely and water boarded?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:52 AM   #10
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
say, do you think they are going to be detained indefinitely and water boarded?
Hahah. They save that for radical non-whites only.

But they probably will get bUtt-sex0red by the people who were waterboarded, if that helps any.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:55 AM   #11
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmanwalking_05 View Post
Nope I wasn't arrested because those folks were fruit cakes...Even by my standards.

I won't be arrested because I stick to a strict code of conduct when out and about around my fellow Citizens.

This spot actually serves as a pressure valve for me,I just vent here then go about my business elsewhere,if I didn't do that I probably would go crazy.
You have standards? When did this happen? You post tripe no one here gives two shits about. Standards would imply you listen to feedback and make changes.

Besides, you can bet your on all sorts of lists - its only a matter of time before either:

1. They do arrest you because you do something stupid like carry a gun into a church or something.

2. You go all whacky and shoot up an anti-Alex Jone rally

3. You shoot yourself in your small, one bedroom apartment you share with your pet snake.

The GNet deadpool has my good money on the latter.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:03 AM   #12
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn View Post
You have standards? When did this happen? You post tripe no one here gives two shits about. Standards would imply you listen to feedback and make changes.

Besides, you can bet your on all sorts of lists - its only a matter of time before either:

1. They do arrest you because you do something stupid like carry a gun into a church or something.

2. You go all whacky and shoot up an anti-Alex Jone rally

3. You shoot yourself in your small, one bedroom apartment you share with your pet snake.

The GNet deadpool has my good money on the latter.
Put that money to better use,because no one would able to collect it.

I carry a gun with me everywhere haven't been arrested yet,and I don't plan to.

On the other hand if people try to disarm me for no other reason than the fact that I am carrying a firearm they'll run into more than a bit of trouble.

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:13 AM   #13
CptSternn

Goodie - looks like I might be cashing in sooner than later!
Old 03-30-2010, 08:26 AM   #14
Delkaetre

What the hell are the infractions doing? Deadman's got tons of bloody infractions and warnings and red cards, but none of this seems to have, y'know, shut him up or removed the 'post new thread about paranoid conspiracy shit no one cares about' function.

There's not much point people getting warnings if they have no effect.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:18 AM   #15
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmanwalking_05 View Post
The ongoing debate about your relative sanity notwithstanding, I'm glad we can provide this public service for you. Unless your definition of crazy is running around in a circle while moving your finger up and down over your lips and expelling a "bloo-bloo-bloo-bloo-bloo-bloo-bloo-bloo" sound from your lips; then it's just a waste of our time and nowhere near as entertaining as not serving as your release valve.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 03-30-2010, 11:23 AM   #16
Despanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delkaetre View Post
What the hell are the infractions doing? Deadman's got tons of bloody infractions and warnings and red cards, but none of this seems to have, y'know, shut him up or removed the 'post new thread about paranoid conspiracy shit no one cares about' function.

There's not much point people getting warnings if they have no effect.
We may want to switch gears for a little while. The admin may not be aware of the warnings. We should straight up start reporting the posts (the little "!" point next to them)

Remember, it took The Man in Room 5 cataloging "over seventy-five separate infractions" to get the admin to ban Helpmann and Co. and they were much more blatant about being trolls.

I say we continue to give infractions, but focus on actually reporting these posts. Hopefully Gothic.net will get up off it's ass and ban him before too long.
Quote:
Old 03-30-2010, 11:36 AM   #17
Despanan

Shit, Gothic.net wants us to wait sixty seconds each time we report, and I've got shit to do today. I've reported his first two infowars threads on here, and posted a "Spammer" poll:

https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=22277

I'm going to report that one thread where he said he was proud of all the infractions he's getting and move on to something else, anyone else want to report the next 3 threads?
Quote:
Old 03-30-2010, 12:31 PM   #18
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
We may want to switch gears for a little while. The admin may not be aware of the warnings. We should straight up start reporting the posts (the little "!" point next to them)
I've already done that on a bunch of his infowars posts, as well as submitting a few infractions. I've notices they're slow to respond to those too.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 03-30-2010, 04:05 PM   #19
Saya

I've been reporting too, I thought thats what everyone was doing.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote