Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 09-01-2005, 12:42 PM   #226
MrMaelstrom

I too am a former catholic wanker. Former meaning the catholic, not the wanker.

At least I'm left-handed, so if you ever meet me, you don't have to wonder where my hand has been when you shake it.... :P
MrMaelstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 03:48 PM   #227
OnixxFilth

While I might no longer be Catholic, I'm still a Christian, albeit a nondenominational one. I just think belonging to any one sect within the Christian religion is too limiting and then you have to worry about whether you're following the tenets of your particular denomination. I say if you're gonna be a Christian, just cut through all the bullshit and don't pick any denomination.
OnixxFilth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 04:17 PM   #228
Star of Blight

So a good number of us huh? Or at least from my studies performed over the years (and by studies I mean random dumb questions while having sex) I think I can conclude that a large portion of goths were of a christian faith at one point and have since either stopped caring at all (like me, I'm not an athiest or agnostic, my faith is apathy..I don't give a shit) or went "alternate" on us.

You know I once had a problem with the Holy Ghost. He would always come around, pester the shit out of me, asked if I had been going to Confession like a good little boy, and generally being a really annoying jerk. Then I called Doctors Venkman, Stantz and Spengler. Half an hour and alot of crazy special effects later and the Holy Ghost never bothered me again.

Oh yeah, I'm going to hell for that joke.
Star of Blight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 07:11 PM   #229
NyQuil of Doom

Eh... I'm me, no matter what I'm wearing. No, I don't wear all black every day, although a large portion of my wardrobe consists of dark colours (black, dark green, dark purple, and burgundy) because that's what I feel I look the best in. I also look good in turquoise, bright green, and red. But even if I was wearing some girly-girl pink thing, I'd still have my same interests/tastes/etc. I'd still have my somewhat twisted sense of humour, my love of sarcasm, my interest in death, my fascination with what makes evil people go bad, etc. Same goes with the music I like to some extent, although I don't think I'd ever like Britney Spears, Hilary Duff, or any of those teenybopper types. (Then again, I never claimed the music I listen to is oh-so-goth either. I like what I like.)

No idea where I was going with that, actually. But yeah, call me a Goth. Even though I'm wearing a bright turquoise T-shirt.

(For the record... I've never been a Roman Catholic. My mom was, though, then she became Anglican or something, dragging my family with her. I don't go to church any more and no longer consider myself Christian, although don't tell my mom, ha. I consider myself an eclectic Pagan.)
Old 09-01-2005, 10:15 PM   #230
winged_dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil of Doom
Eh... I'm me, no matter what I'm wearing. No, I don't wear all black every day, although a large portion of my wardrobe consists of dark colours (black, dark green, dark purple, and burgundy) because that's what I feel I look the best in. I also look good in turquoise, bright green, and red. But even if I was wearing some girly-girl pink thing, I'd still have my same interests/tastes/etc. I'd still have my somewhat twisted sense of humour, my love of sarcasm, my interest in death, my fascination with what makes evil people go bad, etc. Same goes with the music I like to some extent, although I don't think I'd ever like Britney Spears, Hilary Duff, or any of those teenybopper types. (Then again, I never claimed the music I listen to is oh-so-goth either. I like what I like.)

No idea where I was going with that, actually. But yeah, call me a Goth. Even though I'm wearing a bright turquoise T-shirt.

(For the record... I've never been a Roman Catholic. My mom was, though, then she became Anglican or something, dragging my family with her. I don't go to church any more and no longer consider myself Christian, although don't tell my mom, ha. I consider myself an eclectic Pagan.)
Yeah, I just wear whatever I so desire. And I still have my sarcasm and my perputal carrying around of a book with me. XD I like your thinking.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 11:02 PM   #231
Kali Maxwell

0_o

That photo of the Pope is frightening. Very, very funny, but frightening nonetheless.

Back on topic, due to my family situation, I've been accused of being a "rebel Goth," i.e. one of the kids that just wears black to scare their folks. Which pisses me off severely. But even though I know better, on my mopey days when the blasted world's ending I sort of doubt myself, so I completely understand where you're coming from.

I'm not sure one could classify that as just doubting my "Goth-ness," but as just being unhappy with myself period. It's more an issue of "could I really be that silly and shallow a person?"

Then when I sit down to write and all those ideals come to the front with a vengence, I know damn well I'm no fraud.

The point of all my ranting is, I guess, this: If you're feeling low and you start to question yourself, do something that you enjoy, that's close to your heart. If you write poetry or prose, draw or paint, then do that. You'll prove to yourself that you're really who you believe you are.

(I really can't write well tonight.)
Kali Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 06:35 AM   #232
MrMaelstrom

Funny, 'cause if a kid wears black these days, they call him a goth.

In my day, they called you a headbanger.

Well, I did have long hair. I did listen to Heavy Metal and bang my head. But I already knew and loved Siouxsie and The Cure and Mighty Lemon Drops, The Stranglers, and thought it strange that just because someone liked it dark, they'd just call you a metalhead.

Last edited by MrMaelstrom; 09-06-2005 at 06:40 AM.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:35 AM   #233
MrMaelstrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star of Blight
Oh yeah, I'm going to hell for that joke.
No one goes to hell for saying Ghostbuster jokes. You get sent to heck instead, which is hell for misdemeanors.

In heck, you get to moderate a message board in which no one introduces themselves in the proper place and you have to keep bringing it to their attention.... hey, wait a minute... that sounds kind of familiar...
Old 09-07-2005, 04:26 AM   #234
edible_eye

xnguela....

you make me sweat.
edible_eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 09:30 AM   #235
OnixxFilth

It's funny- for being a former Catholic, I still like a lot of the trappings of my old religion. I love statues of the Virgin Mary for some reason. I think it's because it reminds me of my childhood, back when I was still an innocent who would run screaming in terror if someone swore around me, even in a song. Not that I wish I could go back to that state, but sometimes I get a bit wistful for the days when life was easy and all I had to worry about was what clothes to wear the next day.
Old 09-11-2005, 05:34 PM   #236
edible_eye

of course it's a good thing.

and by the way - i've missed you.

nice to see you again - http://www.wtv-zone.com/Lasher/images/blackrose.gif
Old 09-19-2005, 07:25 PM   #237
cheer_slasher

i totally feel you. i'm the same way and people try to tell me what i am and am not. it pisses me off, but screw them b/c their opinion doesnt matter in my world anyway!
cheer_slasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 06:03 PM   #238
Ld. Lexuneth

Location: In the word's lagest nateral pentagrahm (Benson Arizona)
Lest not of the true wouldbe Mods toung.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnixxFilth
I've been doing some thinking, and I've been wondering- does it somehow make me a less worthy or a "poseur" goth if I don't dress like it all the time? I think I am- as I always say,"You can take the girl out of the goth, but you can't take the goth out of the girl." Sometimes I have to dress "normal" for my job and stuff, and I know I shouldn't care what others think, but I do. I'm worried that should I ever get to a big city and go to a club or something that I'll be seen as some kind of a poseur by other goths b/c I don't have any expensive, nice goth clothes and I cobble together my outfits from "found" stuff at thrift stores and such. Ok, I'm done whining! Replies appreciated!
many dont understand the true meaning of that of a genuine goth.
If you wish to know the truth, speak to me and I will reveal the meaning and history of wince Goth was born.

Lord. Lexuneth Samuel SanLudether
Ld. Lexuneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 11:06 PM   #239
Foreign

Well I don't know you at all, and i don't judge ppl on what they wear or how they look. NO one should! So if any one is willing to put you down because of how you look, then they're part of the problem and are lower then shit on the food chain. I for one can't afford the "trip" clothes at Hot Topic. I use to steel them when i was younger and didn't have a job. But not I do and buy my clothes at normal stores or thirft stores like your selt. It's not how you look that makes you goth, it's how you view life. and it's not a cool thing either. there are too many ppl that think it's a cool like style not to give a shit and not careing. but it's a shity life at the best. I feel that the whole goth look has became a fad and stupid young kids use their mommy's or dady's money to buy the over priced clothes. That's not goth! well i can go on and on jsut i think you heard enough of me for one day. I think your more goth then most ppl that i know that buy that crap.
Foreign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 12:15 AM   #240
shopcat

Cool shopcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnixxFilth
I've been doing some thinking, and I've been wondering- does it somehow make me a less worthy or a "poseur" goth if I don't dress like it all the time? I think I am- as I always say,"You can take the girl out of the goth, but you can't take the goth out of the girl." Sometimes I have to dress "normal" for my job and stuff, and I know I shouldn't care what others think, but I do. I'm worried that should I ever get to a big city and go to a club or something that I'll be seen as some kind of a poseur by other goths b/c I don't have any expensive, nice goth clothes and I cobble together my outfits from "found" stuff at thrift stores and such. Ok, I'm done whining! Replies appreciated!
"I want a ghoul just like the ghoul that married Gomez Addams!"
shopcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 01:43 AM   #241
shopcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TStone
Isn't that speech, Lord. Lexuneth Samuel SanLudether, supposed to come with a complimentary glass of Kool-Aid?
Hey TStone! I got to have more cowbells! We need more cowbells!
shopcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 01:42 PM   #242
OnixxFilth

But if he's assisting, is it still masturbation? I thought masturbation was something you did yourself, to yourself, without anyone else involved. It does piss me off that nowadays the general public has the mistaken idea that if one wears black, then one is a goth. I definitely agree with NyQuil- you're still a goth no matter what you're wearing. It's all in your attitudes and beliefs.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:03 AM   #243
Lelith_Hesperax

Unhappy

where i live if you wear a black clothes people look you strange like you are " satanist" seems they havent heard about goth culture their loss
Lelith_Hesperax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 05:59 AM   #244
OnixxFilth

Hahahah! A junior member is trying to tell me what goth is! I already know, I don't need to be informed.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:18 PM   #245
spookypurple

Referring back to the Catholic question. Raised as one, became Mormon at 13. Still feel the urge to light candles when I go into a Catholic church. But then I like lighting candles wherever I can get away with it. Candles not necessary all the time. Hee hee.

As for clothes. All colours are good. I don't wear pastels, not because I don't like them, but simply because I don't think they suit me. They make me look like a baked potato. Every time I had a class photo taken (this was when I was a teacher, rather than a student), and I stupidly wore something pale, I ended up looking like a refugee from the Spud-u-like menu. And whenever I wear the stuff I really like (victoriana, lace, velvets, pvc, blacks, purples, you get my drift) people tell me I look 'pretty'. Which is nice... I think... :smile:

Last edited by spookypurple; 10-06-2005 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Needs paragraphing.
spookypurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 10:21 PM   #246
Jane13

As for the Catholic question- raised in complex religious household... complex becasue my mom was raised Catholic, my dad protestant, neither of them pratice, neither of them claim not to be of their innitial faith, and neither of them claim to still be a part of their familie's faith.. and my brother and I were never baptized. I've been exposed to a lot of cultures and religions because my parents are just cool like that...

and now I'm converting into Catholiocism. So much for whatever they wanted to do 0.o Funny thing is that I'm more religious than my parents... in the sense that I'm more likely to beleive in demons, angels, etc....

Eh, sorry for a tangent.

I'm the same with colors, purple, and I love your SN!
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 02:37 AM   #247
spookypurple

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansevilfollower
you have rapers that wear black
Rappers???

However, if follower meant exactly what they said, I wouldn't be suprised if folks avoided anyone in black!

Last edited by spookypurple; 10-07-2005 at 02:40 AM. Reason: Too short - may seem impolite
spookypurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 08:43 AM   #248
OnixxFilth

My upbringing was kinda weird, because my mom was Catholic and my dad was Lutheran. So I was Catholic until third grade and Lutheran from fourth-eighth grades! Like I said before, although I now consider myself to be a non-denominational Christian, I WOULD like to go to mass with my grandparents some Saturday, who are both old Catholics. I love the ritual of the mass, and the places in the mass where the congregation is required to chant a response to the priest. My favorite is one that comes before communion. I forget what the priest says, but the congregation responds,"Father, I am not worthy, but only speak the word and I shall be healed." It just brings such a sense of unity.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:48 AM   #249
Tall One In Black

I was raised as a Baptist on the Bible Belt. I was taught to fear God - eternal damnation, fire and brimstone, preacher yelling at the pulpit, all that. Everything was a sin, and one sin could damn you to hell forever. No swearing, no sex, no drinking, no dancing. (Yes, folks, dancing is a sin.) And definitely no questions. If you question, that means you're not a true believer... and that, of course, means you're going to hell.

Then I went to a Catholic school. Strict dress code just a tiny step below a uniform. Not even the slightest misbehavior was tolerated. Nuns teaching sex ed in a class called "Marriage." Mass in the gym. Reminders that it's too easy to end up in hell... and with Catholicism, there are even more ways to get there.

Even today, I carry the remnants of the fear and guilt ingrained into me during my childhood. When my hair started falling out, a little piece of me thought I was being punished for being proud of my hair and enjoying the compliments I got on it.

... still in the process of reprogramming...
Old 10-13-2005, 09:50 AM   #250
OnixxFilth

Yeah, I remember everytime I got sick when I was little wondering,"What is God punishing me for?" Even today, I sometimes struggle with the whole Christianity thing. I believe in it, go to church, and read my bible, but there is one "sin" I refuse to repent of- premarital sex. Just last night at church when we were supposed to be "examining ourselves" before we received communion, I spent the time telling God that I refused to repent of it and that I'd continue to do it no matter what. I guess I'm going to hell for sure.