Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 01-19-2014, 04:38 PM   #1
Lady Ruthven

First post from a new member

Hi everyone,

As you've probably guessed, I'm new to this site (which looks absolutely amazing, by the way), so I'm guessing that if I just write a load of stuff about me and my life you can get to know me that way.

First of all, I'm 16 and go to school - pretty dull so far. I've never really been a 'normal' girl (normal is boring anyway) and I been into generally Gothic/dark things for pretty much as long as I can remember. (I grew up in rural Ireland and spent a lot of my time hanging around ruins, graveyards etc.) But my family is ridiculously conservative so I've only really started getting fully into the goth look in the last couple of years.

My biggest inspiration is definitely 19th century Gothic literature, particularly books like 'Frankenstein', 'Dracula', 'The vampyre' etc - so classic stuff really. I also like poetry and short stories - Byron, Shelley, Poe and Baudelaire in particular.

Fashion-wise, my style is quite Victorian-inspired (all long skirts and corsets for me). Of course I wear black most of the time, but I like dark greens, blues and reds as accent colours too, and I absolutely adore silver jewelry. I've been told I look like a vampire for years and have made this the basis of my slightly supernatural look. Unfortunately, my hair is a rather boring dark blond since my parents won't let me dye it darker or lighter - so annoying.

In terms of interests, I've already mentioned that I love classic literature, and I am also a writer (currently working on my second novel 'The White Lady'). I play the piano and harpsichord, paint now and then and spend a lot of time designing and making my own clothes, as I never seem to be able to find the right kind of thing in shops (perhaps because I don't know where to look?). I am also a keen swimmer, fencer and gymnast - all things I can do inside without any risk of getting a dreaded tan!

Anything else? Oh yes, movies. I love old horror films (Hammer etc.) and most of Tim Burton's movies - although my (fellow goth) best friend would definitely claim to be the greater fan.

In terms of music, my tastes are mainly classical (well the more Romantic side of classical), since that's what I can play best. But I am always open to anything new, so if anyone knows some more contemporary stuff, please leave a message and I will check it out.

I think that's about it for now. Long live (or rather die) all things Gothic!

Love,

Lady Ruthven
Lady Ruthven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:04 AM   #2
Versus

Sup. I liked the classic gothic-horror novels when I was younger, too.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:55 PM   #3
deathsdj

Nice to meet you! Never been a fan of normal myself either.
deathsdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:59 AM   #4
ape descendant

Hi, there, new person!

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:54 PM   #5
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Welcome! Where were you when I was a teenager? From your intro you seem like an open minded and fun person. Hope you have fun here, and share some of your writing with us too please in the Literature forum.
Cheers.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote