Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 01-17-2006, 12:51 AM   #26
Blushing Heliophobe

I hope this becomes a permanent thread!

Yeah, I'm preggie and already I can start to see how it's a little harder to maintain your (alternative) identity as a parent - maternity does not come in anything affordably other than 'normal'. Yuck.

I sure as hell hope that my mother was wrong...she said she hoped I'd have a child like myself and if that works out, I'm screwed.

I felt my first kicks last weekend!

I'll be finding out whether my hellion is a boy or girl next month.

That whole 'finger in the butt' statement is awesome. Now that is a child with personality!
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 06:23 AM   #27
Sanctus Dei

Reachingupforair: Good for you, your the Mom I wish I had at times. If more parents chose to work with their children instead of against them... things could be slightly different. If I haven't done so, welcome to the site, I'm sure any of us will help you along with your daughter whenever you need it.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 09:34 AM   #28
Sharkman_75

I'd be interested in a Mummy/Daddy forum. My wife and I are trying for our first child and would find a forum with like-minded parents a great resource.
Sharkman_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 11:10 AM   #29
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushing Heliophobe
I hope this becomes a permanent thread!

Yeah, I'm preggie and already I can start to see how it's a little harder to maintain your (alternative) identity as a parent - maternity does not come in anything affordably other than 'normal'. Yuck.

I sure as hell hope that my mother was wrong...she said she hoped I'd have a child like myself and if that works out, I'm screwed.

I felt my first kicks last weekend!

I'll be finding out whether my hellion is a boy or girl next month.

That whole 'finger in the butt' statement is awesome. Now that is a child with personality!

AAWWwwwwww.........................

Those first kicks are a magical thing, I don't care how many kids you have. They were as wonderous to me with my second as with my first.

*hugz*
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 03:19 PM   #30
thetiesonyourcorset

awww such great parents!! awww it's times like these when i think "aww i want a baby" of course i want one,lol just not at my age though i think i'd be a good mum even if i did have a baby young but i'm not gonna do it intentually if it ever does happen when i'm young! But i'd never give it up or not have it,i'd love it to pieces and try to be the best mum in the world to him/her! i know i want to call my first born,Morgan i think it's such a cute name for a baby girl or a baby boy!!

*Blowing a kiss all over the world* Aren't i nice?
thetiesonyourcorset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 03:27 PM   #31
Wise Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by edible_eye
the light in her smile rivaled that of the moon and stars above. a white lie, sure but very much worth it. and i don't think i've ever enjoyed watching fireworks more than i did right then, with her curled up in my lap, soaking in every spark, sparkle and bang. for one, small moment in time, her daddy really helped her to feel like a princess.
That has to be far and away the cutest thing I've ever heard.

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 09:07 PM   #32
mortalitas incomitatus

awwwwww, blushing: you're pregnant? congrats baby.
yes those first kicks are magical arn't they? (not so cute in 4 years time let me tell you!)

Sharkman: i wish you and you're wife well.

Reaching up: you have already done the best thing for your daughter already........acceptance.

By the way my sons fourth birthday was great, lots of fun.
he ate too much sugar then went to his daddies and i went to the pub to recouperate!

*another eliter*
mortalitas incomitatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 11:12 PM   #33
Blushing Heliophobe

Those first kicks actually scared the hell out of me trying to figure out what they were before *ding* the light came on...baby kicks!

You guys sound like awesome parents. I have scoped out parent forums and usually it's full of whining and complaining (not that I'm sure parenthood won't have its days) but what I've read so far makes me excited about being a mommy...

Ties - I'm delighted to be a mom, but it was definitely sooner than I would have liked. Take your time, sweetie, 'cause you'll never be able to get it back once you take the plunge. I owned a lot of cats. Kittens help.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:15 AM   #34
thetiesonyourcorset

aww thanks...i will definately be carefull and take my time! i have already kind of got a plan for myself...i'll get engaged at 20 and get married at 24 or 25 then have kids soon after... sounds a good plan to me...but who knows it may not work!!

i have owned lots of kittens and will own more kittens in my life and yes i will agree they do help...

i remember when my sister was babysitting for my brother's friend Carrina(sp)'s baby Caitlin over night at our house,in the morning she started crying and i woke up straight away (she was staying in me and susanne's room) and i lifted her up gently and took her out into the living room to try and see what was up,she did go quiet for a wee minute or two but then as she started crying even more i decided to go in to my room again where Susanne was now up and i told her what i did and she sorted her out,think she wanted feeding as i tryed to see if she had dirtied her nappy but couldn't smell anything!! That was kind of a baby lesson to me...

i watched my sister look after her like she used to look after me when i was a baby when my mum was out at work or something!!

i remember her telling me once that she kissed my bum when i was a baby,i burst out laughing i just couldn't picture it!! i guess baby bums are really smooth and that's probably why she did it,lmao!!

*Blowing a kiss all over the world* Aren't i nice?
thetiesonyourcorset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 02:55 AM   #35
mortalitas incomitatus

so you have it all planned out huh?

so did i, then i got preggas....that wasn't the plan!

lol

*another eliter*
Old 01-18-2006, 10:32 AM   #36
Sharkman_75

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortalitas incomitatus

Sharkman: i wish you and you're wife well.
Thank you! Hopefully we'll "know something" this weekend.
Sharkman_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 10:54 AM   #37
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortalitas incomitatus
so you have it all planned out huh?

so did i, then i got preggas....that wasn't the plan!

lol
Hear, hear!
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 11:05 AM   #38
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetiesonyourcorset

i remember her telling me once that she kissed my bum when i was a baby,i burst out laughing i just couldn't picture it!! i guess baby bums are really smooth and that's probably why she did it,lmao!!
Baby Bums are the best..

I used to kiss my Hellspawn's bum when he was a baby. It made us both giggle.

But do wait until you're older..

Much older..

Like Eighty or Ninety!!

Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 04:42 PM   #39
Manimal

Or just dont have kids ever. Some of my work buddies are talking about having their seconds and working in how to budget for it blah blah - kinda takes the romance out of it I think.

Mine was an accident and I let his mom do way too much damage to us. I sometimes wish I could have made different choices regardless I definately know enough now to know I'd never want to do it again. One is enough for me - well now two considering the mine plus hers - oh what joy!

Oh - and is it just me or are pregnant women - like a just a month or three - friggin hot as Hell?
Manimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 12:54 AM   #40
Blushing Heliophobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimal
Oh - and is it just me or are pregnant women - like a just a month or three - friggin hot as Hell?
I thought it was weird of me to actually feel sexy with a buddha belly, but my hubby loves it. I thought maybe if it was a guy's own kid that may manipulate his perspective a bit.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:58 AM   #41
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
I thought it was weird of me to actually feel sexy with a buddha belly, but my hubby loves it. I thought maybe if it was a guy's own kid that may manipulate his perspective a bit.
It IS Sexzie as Hell..

I think it's the allure of the ability to create life..

But no, not weird at all for you to feel Sensual.

We still want pics of the little Buddha Belly if you want to share them..

Old 01-19-2006, 09:40 AM   #42
Manimal

You know - it could be even more basic than that... I mean there are several reasons why a recently pregnant woman could be desirable.

Puts on "Man-Pig" hat:

1) You know she puts out
2) You know you can't get her pregnant
3) You know she's not going to bleed on you

um... there's probably more but I'd need someone more chauvinistic than me to point them out

I just think well figured women with the little preggy belly are cute as Hell. Makes for some interesting fantasies that belong in another thread.

Last edited by Empty_Purple_Stars; 01-19-2006 at 09:42 AM. Reason: I'm a spelling nazi
Old 01-19-2006, 09:45 AM   #43
Empty_Purple_Stars

*Disclaimer*

Deep, deep, deep, deep, deep, DEEP, down he really is a Sweethart..

*Smacks Manimal in the back of the Head*

*WHAP!!!!*
Old 01-19-2006, 01:48 PM   #44
Manimal

Exactly! See what I mean? The reasons to chase the pregger chicks are endless...
Old 01-19-2006, 11:08 PM   #45
Blushing Heliophobe

Hehehe - my belly isn't very recognizable in a shirt yet, so when it gets to that point, yes'm, I will!

My idea is to stand in the kitchen barefoot, pointing with one hand to my belly, and one hand to my barefoot. Cliche, yes, but irresistable nonetheless. I shall post it then!

Preggies everywhere need to hear opinions like these!

One question to the goth mums and dads - are you ever treated *differently* by other parents because of, say, tattooos/dress/appearance? Do your kids notice? If so, how do you handle it?
Old 01-19-2006, 11:10 PM   #46
Blushing Heliophobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
You forgot the part about big swollen titties...?
*innocent smile*

It's such an inconvenience, there's only one website I can find that carries a large enough cup size!
Old 01-21-2006, 10:14 PM   #47
Empty_Purple_Stars

During dinner tonight, Manimal asked an obviously silly question..

My Hellspawn looked across the table at Manimal, and said with a completely straight face;

"Thank you for Flying, Air Idiot.."

Oh Yeah. That's DEFINITELY my child..

*beams*
Old 01-22-2006, 12:31 PM   #48
FenrisQueen

Mwahaha. That's just beautiful, EPS.

You've so earned the proud mommy grin.
Truth, justice, honor...none of that's worth shit. What matters is people, and people aren't honest or just or honorable. They're petty and they're angry and they're afraid, and all anyone really wants, deep down, is to be wanted. And what's truth to that?
FenrisQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 06:51 AM   #49
mortalitas incomitatus

Quote:

One question to the goth mums and dads - are you ever treated *differently* by other parents because of, say, tattooos/dress/appearance? Do your kids notice? If so, how do you handle it?

oh god yes.......still do.
and every tom dick and harry felt they had the need/right to comment on my age when i was pregnant.
*hiss*

*another eliter*
Old 01-23-2006, 06:55 AM   #50
Blushing Heliophobe

Does ignoring them tend to work for the most part? I'm used to being *different* but it breaks my heart to think that my babes might get teased because they have *weird* parents, or that the other parents might get nasty and it'll pass on to the kids' interaction...