Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 06-29-2009, 02:55 PM   #1
honeythorn

Bloody sodding ARRGH

I WANT A RANT . It's too shitting hot, I'm sticky and uncomfortable, and I have to go to bed in a minute *swelters* >.< I'm going to sleep poorly because of it and I'm already exhausted from work and aerobics.

It's that sticky, muggy sort of heat with virtually no air. And the average bog standard house in the UK does not come equipped with air con as our summers are not usually this hot.

Complain about uncomfortable meteorological conditions! GO GO GO!
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:57 PM   #2
JCC

Oh it's not that bloody hot, stop whinging, last year was so much worse.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:09 PM   #3
honeythorn

Are you mad? Last year was wet most of the time. Besides if you're still in Dudley you're higher up ( geologically) you get the wind and breezes better up there. I'm in a muggy dip from hell. And yes it is actually that hot, the lack of breeze makes it worse. I'm getting a fan the size of Russia tomorrow .
Old 06-29-2009, 03:50 PM   #4
Malice In Wonderland

Yeah, it really fucking sucks down here too.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:32 PM   #5
Delkaetre

I am distracting myself by considering making sweet, cold jellies.
Since I'm trying to teach myself to cook, I figure that tropical fruit jellies fresh from the fridge and full of cold fruit juice and sweet jelly would be perfect.

http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/t...t-jellies.html

Also tempting, strawberry and fizzy wine- http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/t...e-jellies.html

And also tempting, lime and coconut with mango sauce - http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/t...-and-lime.html
(I may cheat and buy pureed mango, as I have no food processer)

Now, don't those lovely, relatively affordable and even sort of healthyish treats look like just the thing for this weather?
naturally, sodding bastarding tesco won't have the jelly flavours I need, or indeed any jelly moulds or little ramekin things. Tesco is awful, but the only thing open after my working hours.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:53 PM   #6
Malice In Wonderland

Those coconut lime jelly wotsits look the fucking tits.
I'm bookmarking that page.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Old 06-29-2009, 05:44 PM   #7
Godslayer Jillian

Doesn't matter if you guys are actually British. The words bloody and sodding sound so pretentious to me.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:07 PM   #8
Cicero

Let's swap climates.

I'm too fucking cold right now. It wouldn't bother me so much if I had a summer to look forward to, but the moment it starts warming up here I'm shipping off to the other end of the world which will then be descending into winter.

I really wish I could disappear into a sweltering jungle somewhere for the next few months. Get all the warmth-cravings out of my system.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:29 PM   #9
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Let's swap climates.

I'm too fucking cold right now. It wouldn't bother me so much if I had a summer to look forward to, but the moment it starts warming up here I'm shipping off to the other end of the world which will then be descending into winter.

I really wish I could disappear into a sweltering jungle somewhere for the next few months. Get all the warmth-cravings out of my system.
I'll trade, I would rather be too cold than too hot. It was fine until 3 weeks ago and now we are in the 90's (F) every day. I just stand watering the garden outside for 15 minutes and I'm perspiring.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:27 PM   #10
Beneath the Shadows

It only got up tot he mid-80's here.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 05:39 AM   #11
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian View Post
Doesn't matter if you guys are actually British. The words bloody and sodding sound so pretentious to me.
I hate "sodding."
I use "bloody" and "bollocks" a lot though.

Old 06-30-2009, 06:26 AM   #12
Saya

Its really humid here, and it was gross and hot the last few days but its cold today, looks like it might rain.

But the bugs are everywhere now. I was in the shower for fifteen minutes before I realized there was a monstrous spider in there with me.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:58 AM   #13
dabbadmc

We've actually been getting a lot of sunshine here in the north of Ireland too. Although, I love that it's so warm and sunny. Usually when I get off from school, it rains every day and there's nothing to do but mope about the house. I live right by the beach, so it's easy to cool down by going swimming etc.

So I can't really complain. If it wasn't sweltering hot here, it'd be raining. And I hate the rain.
dabbadmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:08 AM   #14
Tam Li Hua

Sounds like the average 'Bama summer. Stay as cool as you can, and be sure to stay hydrated.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:56 AM   #15
Disaffected Shoelaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
Oh it's not that bloody hot, stop whinging, last year was so much worse.
It's alright for you, oop North with all t'steel where it snows nine months a year.

And for me, well away from all that shite. Although I wouldn't mind being backhome in Southend for the only bit of real sun we've seen in a couple of years.
Disaffected Shoelaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:25 AM   #16
Raptor

My sleep is disturbed a lot by being too warm, I usually have a window open a bit even if it's snowing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice In Wonderland View Post
I use "bloody" and "bollocks" a lot though.
Yeah, me too. I think they get used far more often than sodding, but none of them sound pretentious to me.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:57 AM   #17
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disaffected Shoelaces View Post
It's alright for you, oop North with all t'steel where it snows nine months a year.

And for me, well away from all that shite. Although I wouldn't mind being backhome in Southend for the only bit of real sun we've seen in a couple of years.
North?! Take that back, cur!
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:15 PM   #18
honeythorn

I should point out that I don't pronounce the G on the the end of sodding. Most people don't speak like Princess Margaret ect.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:35 AM   #19
Anima_Severem

I live in North Carolina. Therefore, in the summer it gets into the mid-90s. But it's absolutely soaking humid.

And just ONE DAY without air conditioning left me in a heat coma.

I've got a lot of friends from the UK and other Commonwealth-type countries (okay so 90% of them are from Scotland, and one's from Australia) so some UK-type words have gotten into my vocabulary by cultural osmosis.

The word I use most often is "Bugger".
Anima_Severem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:38 AM   #20
voodoowitchdr

Where I live we have had the "wettest" June in our history. It wasn't that bad on the really foggy days, but now that the fog is gone the heat from the sun is too hot for me. "I wish it wasn't so damp out heeya (local pronunciation of here)." What's your problem, I like damp. Once it dries out you'll complaining about how hot it is. Around here people always complain about tourists, heat, wet, snow, or bugs. There's always something. Most locals will only find three days out of the year satisfactory. The fog also drives off tourists because they can't go site seeing...COME BACK FOG! I'm sick of angry New Yorkers screaming their heads off because they don't know how to drive with out a traffic light every block! If anyone here is from New York city, why the hell are you people so angry all the time, or are those just the ones who can afford to travel?
voodoowitchdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:08 AM   #21
LegendGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoowitchdr View Post
Where I live we have had the "wettest" June in our history. It wasn't that bad on the really foggy days, but now that the fog is gone the heat from the sun is too hot for me. "I wish it wasn't so damp out heeya (local pronunciation of here)."
You must be a "Mainah". As a denizen of your sister state of NH, I know what you mean, not only about the weather, but also the TOURISTS. Holy crap, I can't wait for December.
LegendGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:36 PM   #22
Delkaetre

I was raised listening to Radio Four.
I can't help pronouncing the 'g' on the end of 'ing' and so on.
I say 'bloody' and 'sodding' and 'bugger'. For one thing, "oh, sodding heck" is less likely to get you in trouble at work than "oh, fucking hell" is when the photocopier breaks. Terry Pratchett uses phrases like 'oh sod', and 'oh bugger' rather than properly swearing, and I grew up reading his books. I've picked it up along the way.
It's just another part of the English language, depending on your background, reading and listening material, choice of television...

If you wish to complain about 'sodding', then I get to complain about the overuse of the letter 'z', and phrases like "y'all", and many other American habits.
Pretentious is deliberate, ostentatious, a pretense. When you do it because it's how you've been raised, that's not being a pretentious twat. That's just how you talk.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Old 07-02-2009, 04:51 AM   #23
Minyaliel

For some reason, this thread reminds me of this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pvw6w9EO5JE

But yeah, it' too darn hot. Even though I probably can't complain in comparison to some of you guys here. And I must say I am very glad that I went north to my mother's for the main part of summer vacation. And in two weeks I'll be going to north Norway, and probably complain that it's chilly, so... :/
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 08:29 AM   #24
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delkaetre View Post
I can't help pronouncing the 'g' on the end of 'ing' and so on.
Same here, most people pronounce it in this area. And now I feel like reading a Terry Pratchett book...

I keep forgetting to send a message when I'm logged into my email - the homepage for Dead And Buried on your club listing is gone now, but the Myspace is still running.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:31 AM   #25
Delkaetre

I confess, I've mostly just left it to Trashcan to deal with these days.
With the advent of Job (and now the loss of Job), there's just not been the time there was over the summer when I was unemployed but had savings and first set up the Listing.