Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:44 PM   #1
Mass Producing Hate

Umm, my name is Michael...mmyep (braces self for blatant flaming)

Well I am posting the questions mentioned in the one sticky and then I will divulge other random jargon.

(Paragraph below was written AFTER the stuff following it)
I am also apologizing in advance for my horrid sentence structure and sentences that can end up being longer then a paragraph and a half. My thought process is random and rapid fire so it comes out disjointed and hap hazard but it somehow makes sense to me. Also I know this is a wordy post because of my probably useless elaborations on things and (')'s within (')'s and so on.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
For the past few months I have been stuck in a rut of work, school, perusing the internet/World of Warcraft and that is about it. I will admit to being a nerd and honestly I do not care what others think =D
2. Where are you from?
I have lived in 5 states during the 20 years I have been alive so I really don't have a "hometown"
3. Who is your favorite author?
Neil Gaiman or William Gibson (only have read Burning Chrome and Neuromancer but I mooch off of my dads huge collection of books ranging from 30/40s pulp sci to Space Opera all the way to Cyberpunk and beyond)
4. What are your favorite films?
Seven Samurai and a bunch of others that I am too lazy to list.
5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
"Spermy Man" by Snog is all I could think off of the top of my head.
6. At your funeral?
Necrophilia by Suicide Commando (just for bad taste of the timing) also note reasoning is same as above.
7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

8. What kind of casket would you want?

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
Ignorance is bliss on issues and other things but honestly I have never had many friends that didn't turn on me or abandon me at some point so I used video games as my coping mechanism.
11. What's your favorite band?
Oh Marilyn Manson, HIM, and Metallica....not really my music taste is vary varied but lately is has been a bunch of random synth based stuff (I have no clue what to put it in genre wise because of all the debates and hissy fits that ensue) but for the past few days Snog "Lies Inc" album, Meat Beat Manifesto "Subliminal Sandwich" double album, Skinny Puppy (random stuff from Last Rights and earlier), Din_FiV's only 2 albums and some early Haujobb.
12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

13. Why did you join?
I was looking for clothing and how to do a full change of style, I have wanted to dress in a "goth" style for years but lacked the funds and/or knowledge to do so but I finally decided to look it up instead of blowing a paycheck on Hot Topic crap. For the past few years I just have been wearing blue jeans and band shirts because I found out I could mooch off of my parents so long as it wasn't stereotypical Hot Topic stuff as in they would pay for ALL of it. However before that I hate to say it but ...Tripp Pants and band shirts which I highly regret but I didn't know any better but oh well. I actually did browse through all 26 pages on the fashion forum on here so as not to post a stupid topic or luck out and find one that answered all of my many questions but I did not.
14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
Male

I will now post the topic I have been wanting to in the fashion forum after I grab a much needed cigarette. Also I actually wanted to mention something on cigarettes now that I think about it because I stumbled upon a topic regarding cloves in the fashion forum from sometime in early 07 I think. Someone related smoking to cutting which is actually the main reason I picked up smoking in the first place even though I lost BOTH of my grand fathers to lung cancer and a uncle as well. I picked it up as something to fulfill my urge to self harm out of depression and my hatred of myself (I am a self loathing person with horrible self esteem.) I only cut for a short time when I was 15 and I was committed to a Psyche ward after a stupid thing I did (not in the mood to elaborate) and I was informed after I got out that if I did it again I would be locked up in there for a longer time and it was the equivalent of hell IMO. I have been tempted on occasion to cut for ever since then because of the release (I did not go deep but I was making my way there and it felt good and I got to take out my self loathing on myself physically instead of mentally.) I picked up smoking about 5 months after I turned 18 and have been addicted ever since. I know that is off topic for an introduction thread but I did not feel like posting in the old thread would have done much good because I have no clue if the original posters even use the site anymore.

I am shutting up now because I doubt anyone will have wasted time to read that. Also my thought process is even more convoluted then usual so my grammar is probably becoming an eyesore.
Mass Producing Hate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 04:37 PM   #2
Steppenwolf

welcome , I like you already .
The fashion forum , music forum and tv/movies/games are your best choices . From time to time we'll have a couple of half intelligent post on the literature section , but that's pretty much all you can expect ... Oh , and we have indeed a few good souls around just in case you need some help ... Also you'll probably develope thick skin with time (which is a good thing) for we rarely see the admins in action . Beware the drama and the attention whores (I've said too much ...) , and Manson/HIM/mainstream "goth" is also not welcome here , so ...
Enjoy and learn all you can
Old 12-09-2008, 04:56 PM   #3
SKULHEDFACE

Welcome to the boards.

I thoroughly enjoyed Seven Samurai, wonderful film.

You also seem to have a good taste in literary genres in my opinion.

Note: I had no trouble reading this post whatsoever, so don't worry about it.
SKULHEDFACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:44 PM   #4
Eclipsing the Son

Don't be so defensive. The flame experts here only go into battle with people who prove themselves to be idiots. At least the ones you really need to worry about.

You seem well enough. Welcome.
Eclipsing the Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:54 PM   #5
Mass Producing Hate

I apologize for the defensive nature of the post, I am just a very paranoid person but not to the point of it being a full blown disorder. I also am probably going to post something else in the fashion forum and then finish up my assignments for my English class this semester. A research paper, compare/contrast essay, and a compare/contrast essay on the Declaration of Independence and the Declaration of Sentiments in 12 and a half hours all from scratch. Fun stuff I must say.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:38 PM   #6
Sanguine Mind

Welcome to our very Fucked up family.
Sanguine Mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:50 PM   #7
Eclipsing the Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguine Mind
Welcome to our very Fucked up family.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxv6R9fUO74
Eclipsing the Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:40 AM   #8
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipsing the Son
It's not nice to take the piss out of Sanguine Mind like that.
If we had a weirdo mother like that ANY of us could have turned out like that.

WEIRDOBREASTFEEDINGFATSHITGLOVEMAKINGPOSEURMETALHE ADFAG

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:12 AM   #9
Sanguine Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice In Wonderland
It's not nice to take the piss out of Sanguine Mind like that.
If we had a weirdo mother like that ANY of us could have turned out like that
Ha. cute. I think he just posted it up because I mentioned family.

Serously what the fuck was up with that video?
Sanguine Mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:16 AM   #10
JCC

When you look at the front page, this thread shows up as 'Umm, my name is...'

It would've been so awesome if your intro post had just said

SLIM SHADY
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:20 AM   #11
jack_the_knife

Welcome to the boards.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 03:32 PM   #12
Hades

Quick note to Malice, dude... how many "like that" can one person stuff in such a short reply! XD It's like you got all so flustered about the cool reply you made, that you then forgot to phrase it in a derogatory way! I shall poke you in the ribs for EVER because of these flaws you have shown! FLAWWWSss!!!!

SAME GOES TO YOU, INTRUDER MICHAEL!!!!! What's with that dreadful fucking spelling, you c--- nuuu don't go, i'm kidding!

Really though, welcome to the forum, don't worry about the spelling, it looks fine and hey, as long as you're trying, it's good. Make sure you're thickskinned as previously advised, there's nice people and there's mean people and there's stupid people.. it's just like being out in the real world!
You sound like a nice person, though. *adds to stalk list* Did you mention what age you were or should i just rudely ask for it now?

Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:26 PM   #13
maromi12d3

OMG DUDE I live in Lynchburg Virginia! Nice to meet you!
maromi12d3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:05 PM   #14
Mass Producing Hate

Lynchburg is close as hell nice. I am 20 also. Well I have to go off to work I forgot I left myself signed in and got sidetracked yesterday with a movie called "This is England" which was really good, I highly recommend it. It was about a 12 year old who gets made fun of then gets accepted into a group of skinheads (the ska ones not the ones that got swept up with the Nationalist Front or whatever it is called) and then gets swept up with the Nationalist Front ones. Well that is my random comment now I am off to make pizza's and what not.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:51 PM   #15
maromi12d3

I could of mistook you for a 17 year old. XD
Old 12-11-2008, 09:50 PM   #16
Mass Producing Hate

I know I don't look my age that much. But you really do live in Lynchburg? I thought that place sucked more then Roanoke but I might be wrong I haven't seen much of it.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:24 PM   #17
maromi12d3

Yes it really sucks. But the people you meet make up for it. I had one girl just come up to me and talk to me and she was pretty awesome. It's funny how you just randomly meet people here.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:37 PM   #18
Mass Producing Hate

Eh I have crap luck making friends in this area anymore. Oh well fuck people.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:13 AM   #19
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades
Quick note to Malice, dude... how many "like that" can one person stuff in such a short reply! XD It's like you got all so flustered about the cool reply you made, that you then forgot to phrase it in a derogatory way! I shall poke you in the ribs for EVER because of these flaws you have shown! FLAWWWSss!!!!
I don't want to turn someone's introduction thread into an argument.
Not a guy that seems alright anyway.
So these will be statements.
I am not asking or wanting a reply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades
how many "like that" can one person stuff in such a short reply!
This should either have a question mark or be rephrased.
And if you really can't count I said it three times.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 08:45 AM   #20
tekajo

Quote:
I don't want to turn someone's introduction thread into an argument.
Slow your roll there doll...dude?...fuck i can't remember. i could be wrong but i think Hades was just being playful with that remark. Hence the little tongue sticking emoticon.

Just a thought.
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote