Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:22 PM   #1
ionic_angel

Bored. Bored. Lonesome and bored. (True whine)

So.

I'm bored.

Typically, I get bored when there is nothing fun to do. Right now I have plenty to do that would be fun, I just don't feel like doing it.

What I feel like doing is hanging with friends and doing something atypically wild. Unfortunately, anyone under the age of 28 and over the age of 18 moves out of this town as soon as they can, for which I can't blame them. Unless, of course, they're in construction, in which case I usually find that their preferred topics and techniques of conversation usually deplete my IQ or my temper. So, I'm sitting in my apartment staring at my screen, reading forums and eating M&Ms for dinner.

Yes, I know it's bad for me. Go away.

Yes, I do suppose I could get up and do something interesting, but frankly, there's not much to do besides read, write, or clean stuff up. So I'm going to clean up my room, think about how I can finish my degree soon, and move out of this place, hopefully to Sacramento or further south.

You know, where there are people.

(Not that I'm trying to sound emo, but this town is pretty much a tourism and retirement town, and I think I'm going to go stark raving nuts if I don't get someone to talk to soon. Not that you can't talk to older people - I do, but sometimes you want someone who is not far more experienced at life to talk to. Correct?)
ionic_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:38 PM   #2
Catch

If you're bored then you're boring
Old 03-13-2008, 11:42 PM   #3
ionic_angel

Meh, I don't think so. I think it's more a loneliness thing, combined with the fact that I can't realistically do anything about it tonight, so I gotta wait until tomorrow. That usually creates frustration, since I can't get instant gratification. :-P

But I'm happier now...listening to some Sisters of Mercy and all that. Much fun.

And I apologize for this being a truly annoying "I'm all alone" thread, but I did say it was a whine. Besides, friends are getting here tomorrow, so it's all good.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:32 AM   #4
Wormboy

Haha one word, Masturbation. ^_^

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 07:02 AM   #5
Apathy's_Child

There's loads to do! Read, write, watch something on youtube, draw. Learn about a branch of philosophy (easy to do online), or read a novel (also doable online for the classics). Or load up your MP3 with music and go for a long walk - I do this a lot with a couple of cans of beer in my bag, then when you get somewhere nice like a park, sit down and enjoy it for a while.

Or just go to www.southparkzone.com. Best site ever.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 01:10 PM   #6
Solumina

I can understand the boredom; Loudoun is much the same way. Get regular exercise as it will at get you moving and at least temporarily give you something to do. I learned how to bake and I did a good deal of beading, even if you don't really like either of those just about any hobby is the same as they take a good deal of time, are engaging, and are rewarding because you accomplish something with your own hands
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 01:48 PM   #7
DarkPrayer

Location: In a place covered in darkness but filled with only good people
Whenever I am SO bored than I am to bored to do something that is not boring, I read.
DarkPrayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 03:11 PM   #8
ionic_angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
I can understand the boredom; Loudoun is much the same way. Get regular exercise as it will at get you moving and at least temporarily give you something to do. I learned how to bake and I did a good deal of beading, even if you don't really like either of those just about any hobby is the same as they take a good deal of time, are engaging, and are rewarding because you accomplish something with your own hands
I think I'm going to take up sewing. :-) Sewing my own stuff, anyway.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:29 PM   #9
Mir

I always thought knitting was fun. I used to knit random bits and bobs when I was a kid.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 09:07 PM   #10
LaBelleDameSansMerci

I hate being bored like that. Usually when I get that way I hide in the studio... Of course, I hide in the studio most of the time anyway.

And I know what you mean by wanting someone with the same amount of experience. Half the time, I can't identify with people my age because I hardly ever talk to them... Though it's better now that I'm at University.
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 09:27 PM   #11
my_little_nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child
or read a novel (also doable online for the classics).
Where? I can never seem to find any books online without a fee.
my_little_nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 11:08 PM   #12
ionic_angel

http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page
Old 03-15-2008, 11:33 PM   #13
raggedyanne

Bear hugs Ionic_angel for saving her from boredom and overpriced chain bookstores.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 11:55 PM   #14
ionic_angel

Hey! Hey! Underage! Underage!
Old 03-15-2008, 11:56 PM   #15
Duane

Why not take up recording videos, and uploading them on youtube? That's what I plan on doing, in fact, I plan to make a video on Homosexuallity tomorrow... I mean, 8 hours from now, or something.

I just really want to say something about all those idiots who go around labeling people fags, and bash on Fred Phelps.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 12:10 AM   #16
ionic_angel

Well, partly because I don't record well. And partly because I don't have a recorder.

And I'm not really dedicated to a cause or anything. I mean, besides Christianity, but that's not something I try to Youtube about...I just try to be like Christ to people.

But, I'm not bored right now, so things are good.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:39 AM   #17
Duane

I'm not too dedicated to a cause myself, but I do believe in LGBT rights, and that they deserve to be treated as humans, because they are humans.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:54 AM   #18
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_little_nightmare
Where? I can never seem to find any books online without a fee.
These are just a few, but there are plenty more:

http://www.pagebypagebooks.com/
http://www.classicreader.com/
http://www.classicbookshelf.com/

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 09:05 AM   #19
ionic_angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane
I'm not too dedicated to a cause myself, but I do believe in LGBT rights, and that they deserve to be treated as humans, because they are humans.
Oh, I believe they should be treated as humans as well. Which means I'm generally against the way they're treated in countries like, say, Iran.

On the other hand, I think that people have an equal right to view their lifestyle as unacceptable, as long as those people tolerate them.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:30 AM   #20
Duane

It's okay okay to view their lifestyle as unacceptable, just don't insult them for choices they make, or do what the phelp's family would do.