Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 10-07-2009, 09:51 AM   #1
Saya

The revolution has begun...

Quote:
Lakeland, Florida (WTSP) -- A Lakeland woman is recovering from serious injuries in the hospital after sheriff's investigators say she was "gang attacked" by five raccoons Saturday afternoon.

Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd says 74-year-old Gretchen Whitted was trying to shoo the animals away from her front door when they suddenly attacked.

"When she fell down, they enveloped her," said Sheriff Judd in a news conference called Sunday to warn the public of the aggressive raccoons.

"She's literally bitten and scratched from face and the chest all the way down through the legs."

Raccoons are known to be aggressive when going after food, but the sheriff called Saturday's attack very unusual.

"Not in all my years in Florida have I known of a gang attack by raccoons on an individual," Sheriff Judd said.

Christy Steinmetz lives next door to Whitted and ran across the street when she heard her neighbor's screams.

"I've never seen anything like it," Steinmetz said of the attack and her neighbors deep wounds. "They were deep lacerations. You could see flesh."

Sheriff Judd called a news conference Sunday to warn parents in the Lakeland neighborhood about the potential danger.

"They've attacked once. If someone frightens them, will they attack again?" Judd asked.

Polk County Animal Control officers fanned out, placing traps across the neighborhood, in hopes of finding the raccoons involved.

"Even if we capture a lot of raccoons [Sunday night], we can't be sure they are our suspect raccoons," Sheriff Judd said.

If caught, the animals will be killed to see whether they are rabid.
http://www.wusa9.com/news/watercoole...1919&catid=148

I for one welcome our raccoon overlords.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:59 AM   #2
SweetJane

My dad used to make raccoon stew because one of his Union friends used to trap them, and our family used to be even more blue collar than we are now. There would be a big black garbage bag full of raccoon in our freezer untill he cooked it. There was also a lot of cabbage and noodles in my childhood.

It was delicious. And it saved money so my parents could buy more important things, like books.

So I guess the moral is- EAT RACOON. It'd do the same to you, if it got the chance.
SweetJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:25 AM   #3
Saya

Or maybe this is vengeance for all the times they were eaten and killed!

I might have to rat you out, lover.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:41 AM   #4
SweetJane

Aw, Honeybabes, look, I haven't eaten raccoon since I was ten, I'm sure we can come to come kind of agreement...
SweetJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:51 AM   #5
creature6

hmmmmmmmm that's an interesting one.
it's fucking crazy in a way.
Still it does not surprise me at all.If an animal feel threatened or get scared,they usually hide or they get aggressive and attack who ever they feel threatened by.It's not as if they can express their fears by talking it trough and try to find a solution(have a little chit chat about it)
I saw that some people have them as pets,maybe they should think twice about it especially if they have children.

Sorry i could not help it.

Old 10-07-2009, 11:05 AM   #6
Saya

And remember, if you can't dance, its not your revolution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-wQi...eature=related
Old 10-07-2009, 11:13 AM   #7
creature6

well i clap my hands to that.
that was funny.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:26 PM   #8
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Hmm me and my gf once helped rescue a racoon from the clutches of her school's security which was torturing the poor thing. We managed to smuggle the racoon out of the school and back into the nearby forest area, while taking measures to avoid her getting bitten. Though this was down in Fort Lauderdale, so the racoon we helped probobly wasnt involved.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:12 PM   #9
creature6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
Hmm me and my gf once helped rescue a racoon from the clutches of her school's security which was torturing the poor thing. We managed to smuggle the racoon out of the school and back into the nearby forest area, while taking measures to avoid her getting bitten. Though this was down in Fort Lauderdale, so the racoon we helped probobly wasnt involved.
are you sure he was not involved .they might need to verify his whereabouts when it happen.
has he got an alibi ?
Maybe a name would be useful as well to see that his name does not appear on the suspect list of the police department?
Old 10-26-2009, 05:47 PM   #10
zerademark

The racoons might have rebelled, but the cats will be the ones to victor. ;D
Racoon vs Cats: whoever wins, we're still fucked
3 It is not "You and me", instead it is "Me and you". At the same time "M" is capitalized.
zerademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:33 AM   #11
creature6

http://www.maniacworld.com/cat-vs-raccoon.jpg