Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 02-28-2015, 01:32 AM   #1
Hydrodyssodia

Health Goth

Hey. I've hardly ever posted here, but it used to be my go-to place to interact with the goth hivemind and I'm interested on what it has to say about a fashion trend I've found myself entranced by lately: Health goth, aka, dressing in monochromatic brand sportswear while wearing tons of make-up and trying to look sporty and futuristic.
Here's the official facebook page of the subculture: https://www.facebook.com/healthgoth

Now, of course when I found out about it it felt both completely ridiculous as well as fascinating because, c'mon, how weird is that shit?

However, a couple of days ago I found this article about it and now I'm trying to wrap my head around it being unintentionally probably the most interesting thing youth subcultures have done since the 80s http://www.thefader.com/2015/02/16/a...on-health-goth

So, anyways, opinions? Did you knew that this existed? Will it replace hipsters? Is this the end of musical youth subcultures?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Adelaide-Valerie.jpg
Views:	1142
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	89  
Hydrodyssodia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 10:04 AM   #2
BourbonBoy

I think the deathnell (sp?) for musical fashion was the Emo scene and this is merely another look after the hipsters. I find it interesting, but more in a "hmm, interesting" way since after looking at the Facebook page, they remind me of rejected costumes from the "Blade" films.
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 10:23 PM   #3
Saya

I kinda feel like it's like the corp goth look: Trying to look goth 24/7, even when you're just going to sweat your balls off at the gym.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 01:43 AM   #4
Acharis

I don't exercise, but if I did I'd probably just wear comfy gear in black.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 05:26 AM   #5
BourbonBoy

That's what I do when I exercise.
Black tank top, basketball shorts, cross trainers (which are hard to find btw,) and black socks.
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote