Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:28 PM   #51
Gothology

Not sure if anyone here would like it since it was a children's show, but Young Dracula was a pretty fun series.
Gothology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 06:39 AM   #52
Catch

Found a newer show on Sci Fi. It is called "Being Human." I thought it was about those Caveman guys, turns out a vampire, werewolf and ghost are attempting to get along and live normal life even though they are monsters.

I don't about all these new shows trying to change up the usual thing. "The Gate" was okay I suppose. It is all a matter of what you like.

As far as movies go, I like campy types of movies so:

A Vampire in Burbank
Blackula

Suppose Underworld and Van Helsing have excellent graphics.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:49 AM   #53
Apathy's_Child

Being Human is pretty good, yeah. Liking the new series - I'm glad they went for a return to the humor of 1. There's such a strong tendency for those kind of shows to get more and more pain-centred and up their own asses as the series go by.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 02:49 PM   #54
Catch

That's true. The subtile humor is part of what makes it so entertaining. "Oh no I'm a werewolf." He is so self-centered. Could be at least acknowledge his sister is a lesbian. Oh well. So be being like that.

BTW, I wanted to make sure I said "the Gates" with an "S." "The Gate" is an old cult classic where teens open a gate to hell. I think "Dawn of the Dead" really mastered the whole opening a gate to hell concept.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:06 AM   #55
CuckooTuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch View Post
That's true. The subtile humor is part of what makes it so entertaining. "Oh no I'm a werewolf." He is so self-centered. Could be at least acknowledge his sister is a lesbian. Oh well. So be being like that.
... Wait, what?

I like Being Human, although I'd put it in the category of flawed but enjoyable nonetheless. Also love Nina, I'm a big fan of finding female characters I don't want to kick in the cunt. I'm not sure why writers find that so difficult to achieve but there are relatively few I don't find heinously annoying in some way.
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:26 PM   #56
Catch

Well, I agree with the "don't want to kick in the cunt," comment. She is fairly nice. I don't know why you thought I was trashing the show though. I like it.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:55 AM   #57
Nightwalker39

Yes, Being Human is a good show. My girl used to watch it when it was on in UK. Now its in the United States and it is very good. I've gotten addicted.
Nightwalker39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:53 PM   #58
Catch

Ya, it's fun. Anyone mention Dracula 2000 already? Probably did. Dusk before Dawn? Seems like there was something with vampires in it I wasn't expecting, but then forgot, because there has to be more movies.

The Evil Dead series is funny and kind of Goth but not much on the vampire stuff. Yeah Evil Dead!!!
Old 03-07-2011, 04:42 AM   #59
The Divine Ms. M

Being Human Note: having seen all the episodes of both series, I'm addicted as well...loving how crazy season 3 of the original BBC version has been!

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh you ca'n't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here."-from Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

"A real friend will stab you in the front."-licence plate frame a friend & I saw
Please read My Blog!
The Divine Ms. M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:42 PM   #60
Nightwalker39

For those who have seen Being Human (The British version), Is it better or worse than that shown in America?
Nightwalker39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:00 AM   #61
The Divine Ms. M

Hmmm, good question...they each have a different vibe & are each good in their own way. Right now I'm more addicted to the BBC version, but the SyFy one needs more time to build like the original has. We'll see how it pans out.

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh you ca'n't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here."-from Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

"A real friend will stab you in the front."-licence plate frame a friend & I saw
Please read My Blog!
The Divine Ms. M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:40 PM   #62
Catch

Has anyone watched "Rockula?" It is terrifying in a way that is difficult to explain.