Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 06-16-2008, 02:45 PM   #51
raggedyanne

Seeing as my third trimester coincides with with my the "summer break", my main concern is to stay cool. Light cotton and crepe fabrics in black and creme, tank tops in black and jewel tones, black and white stripes, shorts with fishnets, etc. And sunscreen, lots of sunscreen. At the moment I'm searching for a Sophia Loren Sunhat.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 02:55 PM   #52
korinna5555

AHAHAHA sucks to be you.. sorry
I'd HATE to be hugely pregnant in the middle of summer. I can't deal with heat.

And I want current pictures of you, by the way! I want to see this belly!

My new best friend is my water spray bottle. It's purple.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:06 PM   #53
raggedyanne

I will go transfer them from myspace to photobucket, then post them in the pics thread.

I know a lot of people with pools, so I think i'll be ok ;D
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 11:09 PM   #54
Barfing_Rat

I've basically take shower only once or twice a week ever since summer start. All of my shorts are surfing shorts, so I'm always ready to swim. I live only a block away from river. So I usually swim like three or four time a day
Barfing_Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:53 AM   #55
Lucrecia

Thank you for all the tips...especially the ones for getting a parasol, which sounds adorable...
For pale skin I use an exfoliating cream to make it react better to cream and perhaps goats milk, but not the kind you get in supermarkets... regularily combined with staying in the shade when walking in the street and wearing colours other than black, since black absorbs heat -_-...It sure is tough...
Lucrecia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:20 AM   #56
Disaffected Shoelaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucrecia

Thank you for all the tips...especially the ones for getting a parasol, which sounds adorable...
For pale skin I use an exfoliating cream to make it react better to cream and perhaps goats milk, but not the kind you get in supermarkets... regularily combined with staying in the shade when walking in the street and wearing colours other than black, since black absorbs heat -_-...It sure is tough...
Buy a hat. A big, floppy hat that makes you look like an idiot is guaranteed to keep the sun off of your face. When you're talking about sunburn, my vanity flies out the window. I'd wear a melon on my head if it'd keep the rays away during those hot, sticky days.
Disaffected Shoelaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 05:29 PM   #57
Jezabeth

Hot summers suck. I just try to avoid going outside as much as i can.
Jezabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 06:52 PM   #58
faye_falling

Last summer I decided to get tan, so I spent a lot of time outside without sunscreen...big mistake. I got burned and blotchy and still have weird tan lines. SPF 50 and lots of shade for me.
faye_falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 01:06 PM   #59
Anguelon

I work from 9-6 in an air conditioned office...but driving to work is complete hell...the sun in the morning...oh my God! I teach at night as well. The worst thing is i get insomnia in the summer, I don't sleep...although my house is air conditioned. I wear tons of sunscreen and barely leave the house on weekends during the day...i wear band tee shirts and black jeans. I wear just a bit of eyeliner and for anyone interested...Lancome and La Roche Posay don't make ur skin oily in the summer. Oh and I try to stay away from scotch, i drink usually vodka straight up or mixed with juice...It's really hot in Lebanon...oh and shower either late at night or early morning...during the day...u'll just stick to the shower curtain from all the humidity.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:37 PM   #60
xParadigmx

yeah, im in corpus, also known as hte eye of hell? yeah. its hot, its humis, the crack heads are even swimming in the trash infested, probably AIDS infected beach, where its cheap. the police harass us if we go tot he nicer beaches. being out here in the heat is idiotic, and im going home. its time for some snow. you go outside, and its like stepping in the shower. its gross. Corpus sticks to your skin, like a layer of shit you cant wash off.
xParadigmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:38 AM   #61
Noirette

Hoping for a miracle.
It's up to 30C here usually in yte summer. Many times it's even hotter.

Switch to wearing skirts and smaller clothes.
Noirette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:39 AM   #62
LiUsAiDh

Here (in Cumbria) it's raining, and is at around 17C, tops. The sky is grey, and the 5 day forecast says it's going to be raining or showery for the next 5 days at least >_>. So be happy about your warm summers - it could be drizzle all year round.

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
LiUsAiDh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:33 AM   #63
xillumex

I have rather long, thick hair and it kills me to have to put it up due to the humidity...
xillumex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:18 AM   #64
Noirette

Believe me, after 12 years of the Israelien-summer-heat-survival, you would have been glad to be at a cool place during the summer.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:01 AM   #65
xillumex

I'd imagine so...
xillumex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:32 AM   #66
DepthsofSpace

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiUsAiDh
Here (in Cumbria) it's raining, and is at around 17C, tops. The sky is grey, and the 5 day forecast says it's going to be raining or showery for the next 5 days at least >_>. So be happy about your warm summers - it could be drizzle all year round.

I'm moving. I really, really like the rain... =)

Goffs think you have to rip off the wings of a butterfly to show your love.

Goths know that love has already broken the wings of a butterfly on a wheel.
DepthsofSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 03:04 AM   #67
LiUsAiDh

Welcome! Here be the rainiest place in England!

The skies be grey, and the rain is constant!

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
Old 07-03-2008, 02:14 AM   #68
Noirette

AND I wish to be there now. Really.
Know any way to sneak into an airplane?
Old 07-03-2008, 03:04 AM   #69
Bete Noire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiUsAiDh
Welcome! Here be the rainiest place in England!

The skies be grey, and the rain is constant!

Lucky. Here the heat is constant, and the sun is frequent. And the humidity is high.

At least I'm right by the sea I guess.

Which bit of England are you in?
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 03:58 AM   #70
LiUsAiDh

Good ol' Cumbria - in the north west of England, tantalisingly close to Scotland!

Swapsies anyone? I want sun!

Old 07-03-2008, 04:07 AM   #71
Technowitch

I'll switch. I like overcast, rainy weather--you can come here and put up with the summer drought season.
Technowitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 05:28 AM   #72
She_Is_My_Sin

It's grey and rainy here too, but it's still bloody hot! Especially at night.

But for coping with the summer, I guess I'll just stay indoors. Especially because of my hayfever too.

I'm not cut out for summer.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 06:28 AM   #73
LiUsAiDh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technowitch
I'll switch. I like overcast, rainy weather--you can come here and put up with the summer drought season.
Done!!!!!!!

Old 07-03-2008, 07:56 AM   #74
viscus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Dun
Summer in Tokyo is unbearable. I was thinking of going something along the lines of "destroy the entire human race and atomize the planet Earth" as a means of beating the heat this year. Just to be on the safe side.
成る程ね。It seems like I have my air conditioner running constantly.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:40 PM   #75
Pancakes of Doom

I must be lucky; it's only been what you could call really hot two weeks here in Virginia. The rest of the time has just been rain, or pre-rain overcast.
Pancakes of Doom is offline   Reply With Quote