Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 10-28-2010, 02:16 PM   #4651
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Ooooh, what kitchen stuff do you got?
A blender, toaster, electric kettle, pots, pans, glasses, and flatware
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
What are you trying to get rid of?
In addition to the kitchen stuff we have two gamer chairs and some lamps, we may be getting rid of more but I don't know.

I think what bothers me about it all is that Jake wants to sell it all but doesn't want to use craigslist, ebay, or put an add in the paper so I'm not really sure how he wants to go about selling them, and he can't seem to figure out how to price things so even when we have someone interested in stuff he isn't sure about letting it go for what they want to pay (I just want it gone so I don't care what we get for any of it).

Also I feel poopy and have no energy.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:52 PM   #4652
Delkaetre

damn meringue. All I wanted was for the egg whites to reach stiff, glossy peaks as I followed the instructions exactly.

Apparently, what /isn't/ in the instructions is at least as important as what /is/.
Whisking egg for meringue does not work if:
you use a plastic bowl
the air is too humid
your eggs are less than three or four days old

All of those things are my current problems, and so I have no meringue- more a sheet of soft, marshmallow-like substance with a delicate golden shell. I would like proper glass or copper mixing bowls for my kitchen, and a dehumidifier, but it is a tiny, cramped, shared kitchen and any time I have nice kitchen things someone else ruins them, so there's no point in my getting any.

Boo.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:53 PM   #4653
Saya

Is it too cold for a yard sale?

I reeeeeeeeeaaaally want a pizza but I don't have the necessary ingredients, but everything else I'm eating just isn't good enough. I just pigged out but I still need pizza. I need to read about migration but damn I want pizza. I can almost taste it
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 05:46 PM   #4654
Solumina

Our complex wont let us have a yard sale, I'm thinking of asking Jake's parents if we can have one at their place, it would be kind of obnoxious to get the stuff over there but I think it would be worth it. I may just have to make the decision whether Jake wants to do it or not since I think the real reason why he is making things difficult is that he is a pack rat and just can't let the stuff go.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 10-29-2010, 10:55 AM   #4655
Still Jack

I've grown to despise people that think cooking is such a magic process. You toss stuff that's edible in a pan, and if your not a complete imbecile, it should come out of the pan to be both edible and enjoyable. But no, that task is unfathomable and most people live of fucking readymeals, why the cocking shit are you surprised that you're 400 quid into your overdraft already you fucking mug.

/rant
Old 10-29-2010, 11:34 AM   #4656
KontanKarite

Yeah, basic cooking is not hard at all. I just made an amazing rice dish. Very easy to do and marginally healthy.

Rice
Mushrooms
Black beans
Adobo seasoning
Garlic seasoning

It tastes amazing. Yes. It could stand to have chunks of salmon or tuna crumbed on top.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:38 AM   #4657
KontanKarite

Quote:
Is it too cold for a yard sale?

I reeeeeeeeeaaaally want a pizza but I don't have the necessary ingredients, but everything else I'm eating just isn't good enough. I just pigged out but I still need pizza. I need to read about migration but damn I want pizza. I can almost taste it
Really? Pizza is so easy to come by where I live. I'm kind of over it.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:17 PM   #4658
Saya

Yeah, not so much in St.John's when you're vegan, at least in the middle of the night when pizza cravings are at their strongest, the closest pizza place closes at ten. Afterwards I walked to the 24/7 grocery store and got a frozen Amy's pizza, which is kinda expensive for something I can inhale all by myself.

I rarely ate pizza as a vegetarian or omni anyway, but the Amy's cheeseless pizza has this sweet onion pesto that is amazing that I occasionally have strong cravings for. Or when I do have vegan cheese handy making mini pizzas on english muffins is great too...crap, gotta stop thinking about this before I crave it again.

And yeah, cooking is piss easy, although its remarkable how fast after I started school I've been reduced to the stereotypical student diet. I'd have scurvy by now if I haven't discovered a love for stir fry.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:52 PM   #4659
Solumina

There is an awesome pizza place in Williamsburg that makes the most fantastic vegan pizza, which is really saying something as I'm not usually too fond of vegan cheese, they don't deliver out to my place though.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 10-29-2010, 03:58 PM   #4660
Pineapple_Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
I've grown to despise people that think cooking is such a magic process. You toss stuff that's edible in a pan, and if your not a complete imbecile, it should come out of the pan to be both edible and enjoyable. But no, that task is unfathomable and most people live of fucking readymeals, why the cocking shit are you surprised that you're 400 quid into your overdraft already you fucking mug.

/rant
I have never made anything in the 14 years since I decided to learn how to cook that was even remotely edible in any way.

I suck at cooking, forever. Gotta go, my microwave just beeped at me.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:35 PM   #4661
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
I have never made anything in the 14 years since I decided to learn how to cook that was even remotely edible in any way.

I suck at cooking, forever. Gotta go, my microwave just beeped at me.
You should get Vegan Table, there's a lot of easy peasy stuff in it.
Old 10-30-2010, 01:49 AM   #4662
The Divine Ms. M

Going to Boarders to buy a dvd box set I've been wanting for 2 weeks, finding out it was 2 bucks more than the website said & being 12 cents short thus causing me to have to go all the way back there later after turning in my recyclables. The guy ripped up the discount code paper too

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh you ca'n't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here."-from Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

"A real friend will stab you in the front."-licence plate frame a friend & I saw
Please read My Blog!
The Divine Ms. M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 01:17 PM   #4663
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delkaetre View Post
damn meringue. All I wanted was for the egg whites to reach stiff, glossy peaks as I followed the instructions exactly.

Apparently, what /isn't/ in the instructions is at least as important as what /is/.
Whisking egg for meringue does not work if:
you use a plastic bowl
the air is too humid
your eggs are less than three or four days old

All of those things are my current problems, and so I have no meringue- more a sheet of soft, marshmallow-like substance with a delicate golden shell. I would like proper glass or copper mixing bowls for my kitchen, and a dehumidifier, but it is a tiny, cramped, shared kitchen and any time I have nice kitchen things someone else ruins them, so there's no point in my getting any.

Boo.
You can get glass pyrex mixing bowls in Asda, Tesco,Wilkinsons.... all sorts of places, even most charity shops will have one knocking about in the back somewhere. They don't cost much.

And the open the window for an hour before ou start. It may end up freezing but will stop the humidity somewhat while you whisk.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:54 AM   #4664
carakitty

I'm wearing sweater knit leggings under my pants and a thermal top under my top and I'm still getting shivery goosebumps sitting here at the computer.

I can't decide if I want to brew more coffee, or have some sort of tea.

There's $50 burning a hole in my pocket and the battle between needs and wants is raging.

Thanks to a certain sister in law and widow, much of my immediate family is miserable right now, and most of us are too far away for real hugs and effective support.

I think I'm selfish.

OK time to STFU. Thanks for listening gnet
Old 11-02-2010, 02:31 PM   #4665
Saya

It snowed today, and while I was working in the resource center, another volunteer turned on Christmas music.

DO NOT WANT.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:25 PM   #4666
ape descendant

Aaaargh... christmas music?!?!? Its the reason I stay home and make gifts by hand...

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:37 PM   #4667
Saya

Dude, I just went to the mall to get a cup of coffee (actually a sad cup of tea because I'm cursed and they never have soy milk when I'm there, although they say they usually have it all the time) and they had tons of Christmas stuff! I went to La Senza, they had reindeer printed underwear. I went to Clair de Lune, Christmas ornaments everywhere. Sears has CHRISTMAS TREES UP.

ITS TOO EARLY.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:00 PM   #4668
vindicatedxjin

Quote:
It snowed today, and while I was working in the resource center, another volunteer turned on Christmas music.

DO NOT WANT.
Wow! Snow??? I would hate that.

It's starting to get pretty chilly here in Texas though...54 degrees. D=
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:13 PM   #4669
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicatedxjin View Post
Wow! Snow??? I would hate that.

It's starting to get pretty chilly here in Texas though...54 degrees. D=
Its 1 degree Celsius here right now, I think they got some snow out West last week. Its unusual though, normally we don't get snow at all until late November and it rarely sticks to the ground until after Christmas. I can't remember the last white Christmas we had, it snowed a bit Christmas eve last year but nothing you could go out and play in.

I got a nice pair of mitts and a hat though while I was at the mall. Bring it on, winter.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:32 PM   #4670
Corpsey

Wow, too damn early. I'm getting sunburned already from just a few hours exposure to the Sun. This usually doesn't start to happen until December. I'm gonna be crispy crittered at this rate before summer even comes along.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. Weather extremes, ftw.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:51 PM   #4671
vindicatedxjin

I was like wtf are you talking about? And then I remembered that it's about to be summer over there. Lucky.
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:01 PM   #4672
ape descendant

Not happy about all these Tea-party candidates... winning... blech!

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:04 PM   #4673
Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicatedxjin View Post
I was like wtf are you talking about? And then I remembered that it's about to be summer over there. Lucky.
Aye, it's summer over here in opposite land. With summer comes sun burn. Thank you for using CFC's.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:48 PM   #4674
Pineapple_Juice

Blurgh. Just found a friend of mine on an erotica website?!
The fact that I was on the website makes it clear that I have no problems with erotica, nudity etc. so it's not me being a fuddy duddy. I just think it's gross and slightly disturbing to see people you know naked. Gives me the heeby jeebies.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:04 PM   #4675
Saya

XD that gave me a good laugh. I know it must be ten kinds of awkward for you, but its super funny when it happens to other people