Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 08-09-2011, 12:07 PM   #26
Deadmanwalking_05

What you're looking at is the anarchy you (along with others and they know who they are) claimed to want, I thought you of all people would love seeing families being burned out of their homes by roving bands of thugs and such.

What pisses you off is the fact that I was right and you are wrong.

NOW DEAL WITH IT!

12-15-12!

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:36 PM   #27
Deadmanwalking_05

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ed-street.html

Forced to strip naked in the street: Shocking scenes as rioters steal clothes and rifle through bags as people make their way home

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1UZ9bouZw

*typical brit/european response to American gun owners*

"You don't need them,no one does,get rid of your rights to defend yourself...we have,join the rest of us"

What has happened to those folks...just check the links above.

Old 08-09-2011, 01:41 PM   #28
Deadmanwalking_05

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biJgI...&feature=feedf

Check it out.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:15 PM   #29
Deadmanwalking_05

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_QZB...&feature=feedu

Part 1

Old 08-09-2011, 02:47 PM   #30
Deadmanwalking_05

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTU-M...&feature=feedu

Part 2

Old 08-09-2011, 04:55 PM   #31
Deadmanwalking_05

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkNjy...&feature=feedu

I think this covers the situation pretty well.

Old 08-09-2011, 05:04 PM   #32
JCC

Oh god you neeky fat idiot just shut up
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:13 PM   #33
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
What's the matter JCC?

This is the type of shit you prattled on about wanting.

Enjoy it.

Old 08-09-2011, 05:17 PM   #34
Deadmanwalking_05

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMIuN...&feature=feedu

The best thing to do in this type of situation

Old 08-09-2011, 05:19 PM   #35
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
Just put him on ignore, join our bliss.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:20 PM   #36
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Just put him on ignore, join our bliss.
What is it that they say about ignorance?....

Oh yeah it's bliss.

Go ahead and do as the other uptight morons have done.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:05 PM   #37
The Divine Ms. M

A friend of mine lives near where the riots started in Tottenham...he's ok, but man, this whole thing is way worse than I first thought. According to him, his street is still closed down and a shopping mall type shopping center was completely emptied!

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh you ca'n't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here."-from Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

"A real friend will stab you in the front."-licence plate frame a friend & I saw
Please read My Blog!
The Divine Ms. M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:07 PM   #38
Deadmanwalking_05

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEAQY...&feature=feedu

Part 2 of my other post.

Old 08-10-2011, 01:27 AM   #39
CptSternn

It appears only Alan and JCC are the ones who are fully comprehending what is going on.

The shooting was merely a flashpoint, the catalyst which sparked the riots. It in itself is only significant in that manner.

Right now there is a whole generation that have no prospects for the future. They have been told they are born into someones elses debt and that they will not have access to free education and there are no jobs available for them. Top this off with the fact they are too poor to immigrate and you have the trappings for an uprising.

Accompany this with the daily news releases of the government giving billions to bankers, all the while they are struggling with their own families to put food on the table and you can see why the people took to the streets.

This isn't just a small group of angry youths, this is the people society have overlooked, the people most don't think about when sitting in their nice homes planning their next holiday.

Americans cannot comprehend this, as they have been taught for the past few decades now to be docile and accept when they are screwed by the government. Americans really have had very little taken away in comparison, as they never had free college education, health care, etc. Even now with threats to their only form of social safety nets (the recently introduced health care and social security), they still are not even showing the slightest bit of care.

If anyone thinks this is just random violence they are not looking at the big picture. It reminds me of Marie Antoinette, and the whole 'let them eat cake' debacle which led to her losing her head, quite literally.

For some reason today, and my guess is it is because of the many distractions afforded to the privileged, those who have a decent standard of living totally forget about the fact 1/3rd of their own country are living below the poverty line in very harsh situations.

The comments on the news and in the forums from people in the UK who are attributing the riots on 'yobs' or random violence shows how disconnected they are from the reality which surrounds them.

They will catch on soon enough, as you have to remember, there are a hell of a lot more poor people than rich, and with the new auestrity measures in place the numbers at the bottom are going to swell to numbers never seen before, and those people who right now are blind to what is going on, many themselves will wake up one day to find they have now dropped into the ranks of the very people they once chided openly.

It will be their anger which once again sparks the next wave of riots in the UK.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:48 AM   #40
Saya

Because you're actually there polling the people to determine who's revolutionaries/reactionaries and who are opportunists, right? Or are you cherry picking your sources so you can believe this is a revolt?
Old 08-10-2011, 02:33 AM   #41
CptSternn

http://daviddegraw.org/2011/08/this-...e-londonriots/

The data is there.

If you need more data, think about it this way - do the rich protest? Why not?

People with a bright future do not take to the streets and riot. This is a class war and not random yobs.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:15 AM   #42
CuckooTuli

I fully agree that the essential underlying cause of these riots is the hopelessness of being fucked by circumstances beyond your control. But I also think it's naive to assume there is absolutely no opportunism at play, when even people not directly involved in the smashing of shit are taking bags out with them on the off-chance they will pass a looted street, as friends of mine living in London have observed them doing.

Despite the fact that the triggers are all too clear, the result isn't all black and white, it's a mess and very sad for everyone involved - both the rioters raised, as JCC put it, on a diet of hopelessness, and the innocent business owners losing their livelihoods through no fault of their own.
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:05 AM   #43
Still Jack

This has nothing to do with poverty. Most of the riots were organised on BBM, a service exclusive to RIM devices. If you can afford an RIM device, you can afford to eat. Fact.
This has nothing to do with anarchy, this is about mindless looting for luxuries. I can guarantee you 99.99 percent of the rioters will not have heard of Kropotkin.
If this were about poverty, people would be looting shops for foodstuffs. Not stacking trolleys full of beer and PS3's . It's got nothing to do with Mark Duggan anymore either.
Manchester etc. don't give a fuck about him.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:54 AM   #44
MissCheyenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
If this were about poverty, people would be looting shops for foodstuffs. Not stacking trolleys full of beer and PS3's . It's got nothing to do with Mark Duggan anymore either.
Manchester etc. don't give a fuck about him.
This. It started as a PEACEFUL protest about the death of a man. I can't say much about the circumstances surrounding that as so much of it is still unclear. However, what started with his family and friends wanting answers became an entirely different animal. Yes, I understand that people are angry. I understand the despair and the hopelesness that people are experiencing but I don't think it excuses what they are doing. Looting foodstuff for a starving family is utterly different to looting Footlocker or JD Sports for new trainers and tracksuits. Looting electrical goods and then selling them is not an act of desperation, it's an act of opportunity. It's fine to be angry, it's fine to want a voice but this is wrong on so many levels. These people don't speak or act for their communities, they speak and act only for themselves. THEY are the ones currently destroying the places they live, burning people out of their homes and taking away the livelihoods of the people they live with, the people they see every day on the streets.Anger without sense is useless, protest without a cause is worthless.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:43 AM   #45
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn View Post
http://daviddegraw.org/2011/08/this-...e-londonriots/

The data is there.

If you need more data, think about it this way - do the rich protest? Why not?

People with a bright future do not take to the streets and riot. This is a class war and not random yobs.
Thats not a gallup poll, its a site of a journalist who is very left wing and really does seem to be cherry picking. There is plenty of news sites suggesting many and maybe most are opportunists. All we have is anecdotal information, admittedly, but from what I've been people who are you know, actually there, it doesn't really look like a revolution is taking place.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:34 AM   #46
Deadmanwalking_05

I still think the riots were kicked off by provactures from the police (it has happened before in other places).

The Police didn't hesitate to use water cannons and brutal tactics against student demonstrators months before,what is to say that the whole damn thing isn't meant to "show" the public that they need more police on the streets ? *cough* Job security *cough*

Old 08-10-2011, 09:08 AM   #47
Deadmanwalking_05

http://www.infowars.com/police-were-...london-burned/

Inadequate response led public to call for martial law

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Precisely as we reported yesterday on the back of numerous eyewitness reports, it has now emerged that police were ordered to stand down and let London burn during the first few nights of rioting, an action that quickly led to a frightened public to demand troops on the streets, rubber bullets, water cannons and curfews.

On Tuesday we highlighted the “lackluster police response, with numerous reports from the public that police stood back and allowed looters to pillage both large department stores and private small businesses for hours on end.”

According to eyewitnesses to the initial riots in Tottenham, police were seen “standing back and allowing rioters to cause havoc,” a trend that continued during subsequent nights before Prime Minister David Cameron ordered 10,000 extra police officers to patrol London last night.

This has now been confirmed by sources within Scotland Yard who said police were ordered to “stand and observe” even as brazen acts of violent crime were committed against both people and private property, a directive which prevented them from arresting any of the troublemakers.

“They had apparently been told to try and contain any violence but not to haul away offenders who would instead be identified through video footage later,” reports the Daily Mail.

The decision to order police to stand down is being explained as a reaction to public outcry following the death of Ian Tomlinson, a newspaper seller who was killed by riot cops during the G20 summit in 2009.

However, as we have exhaustively documented, authorities routinely allow chaos to spiral out of control, even to the extent of hiring their own provocateurs, in order to manipulate the public into demanding greater police state measures that ultimately only serve to oppress legitimate dissent against the state.

The police’s inadequate response quickly led to calls for martial law, curfews and the use of water cannons on streets in England for the first time, a power that Prime Minister David Cameron has now authorized.

Britain’s most widely-read newspaper The Sun ran a poll today which found that two thirds of Brits support the use of rubber bullets to deal with rioters, while 33 per cent supported the use of live bullets.

“Curfews are backed by 82 per cent, using tear gas got 78 per cent support and Tasers 72 per cent,” states the report.

Old 08-10-2011, 10:38 AM   #48
MissCheyenne

^ THE SUN?!?!?! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Obviously, you have never read The Sun.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:06 AM   #49
Black Spiral Dancer

The sad thing is, people are now just using the riots as an excuse to loot shops and get "free stuff". Two girls were being interviewed on tv, drinking stolen wine, and saying it was cool, getting some free stuff. They were blaming people that own companies for having all the money.

If they are attacking small independent shops for stuff, then odds are the owners of those shops were struggling just as bad as everyone else.

One of my (Whitby Goth Weekend) friends that used to live in London (but moved to the country about 5 weeks ago) said he saw his old flat razed to the ground. He has had a lucky escape, but obviously he's shaken as he drives the Tube.

Apparently there was rumours of protests spreading up here in Newcastle, but all we got were a handful of Police on horses and a squad car controlling a riot crowd of zero. The apathy in this town does some good for a change.
Black Spiral Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:24 PM   #50
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
Speaking of Delkaetre, I hope she's ok.
She'll be fine, few people got hurt. Nobody I know was affected at all except for some journey delays.

People started cleaning up today:

Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote