Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 08-11-2008, 05:30 PM   #76
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
Allow me to do one better for you. What's the benefits of capitalism? What's so great about capitalizing and privatizing the basic necessities of life?

Pure capitalism promotes the idea that without legal tender or a piece of paper, you don't eat. We breath oxygen, air... this isn't privatized. We don't really pay anyone for this... this, obligation to keep our lungs moving, this need.

Food and water. It's privatized. 2/3 of the very essence that keeps you alive is the domain of someone who probably don't give two shits about you. Who doesn't care if you starve. Yet, you may know how to start a fire. You may know how to hunt and fish. You may know how to garden. And even that, you have to appeal to some private institution or a single privateer to have the permission to sustain your life. Are you really comfortable with appealing to others for the privilege of just being alive?
In a less articulate fashion, I could also add the thought I'm sure all of us have had. The whole idea stems from the fact that at some point in your life, you will see someone who is in charge of you (politician, boss, etc.) and you are going to think, "Why do I have to take orders from this shmuck? He's not smarter than me, he's not better than me. We're both humans, both born of humans, why should his word be more important than mine? Why should he have power over me?"

Take that thinking and expand it towards every person in power.
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 05:46 PM   #77
Deadmanwalking_05

First off you need to realize that I can survive in an old shack,living off the land if our infrastructure comes crashing down.

I was taught how to do so at an early age,clean water is easy to find and collect,for food I can go to my garden and Hunt or Fish for my meat,I'm a hill boy when it comes down to it. I don't really need much of anything.....now what about you?

If the Country fell to shit I would be walking in tall cotton,to turn a phrase.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 06:00 PM   #78
Wednesday Friday Addams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmanwalking_05
First off you need to realize that I can survive in an old shack,living off the land if our infrastructure comes crashing down.

I was taught how to do so at an early age,clean water is easy to find and collect,for food I can go to my garden and Hunt or Fish for my meat,I'm a hill boy when it comes down to it. I don't really need much of anything.....now what about you?

If the Country fell to shit I would be walking in tall cotton,to turn a phrase.

So the starving and homeless are just stupid?
Wednesday Friday Addams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 06:04 PM   #79
Deadmanwalking_05

Nope,unfortunate as it is they just don't have the means.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:07 PM   #80
Wednesday Friday Addams

You know why that is? Oh and clean water and food isnt that easy to find, add to the fact you don't have to worry about sickness to the same degree. It still doesn't take away that they are being treated like a underclass.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:20 PM   #81
Deadmanwalking_05

Like it or not everyone has to try and make it for themselves.

and clean water is pretty damned easy to find for me,might not be the case for everyone else,but that's the only reason I'm glad that I live in the Blueridge Mountians,everybody has to deal with their own problems,no one is holding me back or anyone that I know of,the only folks that complain about their situation are looking for hand outs instead of begging try and use that energy to change your current situation.

It comes down to the individual to make their own way,or starve,sad I know but that's the way things are,and from the way I see it that won't change.

The best survival tool people have are the mindset to survive,and they do reguardless of the situation.

I 'd like to help others but would they do the same for you or me,if we were in the same shape?
Old 08-11-2008, 06:20 PM   #82
Saya

I once saw on the news they were interviewing this guy who lived in the woods in British Columbia somewhere in a tree house. The reported mentioned that they had to keep the location secret because the government would ask him to leave, since the land is government owned and he didn't buy it.

And not to mention even if the homeless and poor COULD live off the land in a shack in the woods, they shouldn't. They deserve what every other citizen has. A comfortable home, access to what they need, education and culture.

Which brings up the point that its really sad that amazingly intelligent people are denied education because they can't afford it, or have to go into debt for the rest of their lives to get a student loan.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 06:24 PM   #83
Wednesday Friday Addams

Quote:
Like it or not everyone has to try and make it for themselves.

and clean water is pretty damned easy to find for me,might not be the case for everyone else,but that's the only reason I'm glad that I live in the Blueridge Mountians,everybody has to deal with their own problems,no one is holding me back or anyone that I know of,the only folks that complain about their situation are looking for hand outs instead of begging try and use that energy to change your current situation.

It comes down to the individual to make their own way,or starve,sad I know but that's the way things are,and from the way I see it that won't change.

The best survival tool people have are the mindset to survive,and they do reguardless of the situation.

I 'd like to help others but would they do the same for you or me,if we were in the same shape?

So you just showed yourself as selfish. Your using social Darwinism as well. Its like saying cancer kills people I don't see that changing so who cares. You have given up on humanity. Oh and your clean water source won't be so clean when millions need to use it. You also haven't answered the question of medicine. Its very easy to say "I'm happy with how things are" or "We can't change things" when you are one of the privileged.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:28 PM   #84
Deadmanwalking_05

I own my land and would fight for every inch of it if the need ever arose.

It might not be a thousand acres but it's my little plot of dirt.

Yeah I agree that it's sad people can't pay for school,let alone the fact that some can't feed themselves,I would like to help others,but I ask again if we were in that shape who would help us?
Old 08-11-2008, 06:31 PM   #85
Wednesday Friday Addams

Quote:
I own my land and would fight for every inch of it if the need ever arose.

It might not be a thousand acres but it's my little plot of dirt.

Yeah I agree that it's sad people can't pay for school,let alone the fact that some can't feed themselves,I would like to help others,but I ask again if we were in that shape who would help us?
If we don't help then the definitely aren't going to help us.
Your argument is pretty much "I'm rich, your poor..Hahaha"
You wouldn't fight for you land against a entire army and don't bullshit that you would.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:37 PM   #86
Deadmanwalking_05

Privilaged??? what the fuck...how do you get that?

I worked for what I have,I had to make my own way.

As for Meds.

Local herbs and cures for minor stuff anything worse I'll have to deal with it,I can accept death,it doesn't scare me anymore.

If I were to die,oh fucking well,nobody except my family would give a damn anyway.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:39 PM   #87
Wednesday Friday Addams

You live in a western world most likely had a stable family had a chance in the world, you are privileged. Don't tell me your not its disgusting if you think you are bad off.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:45 PM   #88
Saya

I find social darwinism strange since Darwin himself was a doctor and helped the poor and sick, was reportedly generous to a fault, and was sickly.

I think you suffer from a belief that People are inherently bad, selfish creatures. Who cares what happens to Them as long as your snug as a bug? They don't affect you.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:47 PM   #89
Wednesday Friday Addams

Social Darwinism is just a mutation of Darwinism its not the same so don't blame him on it.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:51 PM   #90
KontanKarite

*shakes head*

"I got mine. Now go get yours."

It doesn't always work out that way. Oh well. I'm done with this conversation.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 06:55 PM   #91
Saya

I'm not blaming it on Darwin, its just funny that a doctrine that at times defended things like slavery and racism got its idea from a ill man who cared for his fellow man and argued that despite superficial differences, Europeans and Africans are the same.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:14 PM   #92
Deadmanwalking_05

You seem to be under the impression that others should provide for others...and those that don't are racist,selfish,and down right mean spirited.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:17 PM   #93
Deadmanwalking_05

The thing is if you don't help you.
No one else will,I found that shit out the hard way.

Yes I have given up on Humanity.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:31 PM   #94
Deadmanwalking_05

I have tried to help ladies and gents.

Want to know what happened?

I ended up looking at the muzzle end of my own weapon.

Kindness really is weakness just waiting to be exploited by others for their own means.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:39 PM   #95
KontanKarite

Quote:

Kindness really is weakness just waiting to be exploited by others for their own means.

Quit making yourself a victim. Where's your constitution to be strong for yourself? The last few comments you made is an indication that you've become the very thing you were not cool with. *tsk* I'm sorry for that.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 07:51 PM   #96
Deadmanwalking_05

And just because I was born in the west doesn't mean anything was handed to me.

I guess you just don't get it.

Anarchy means no rules right,no laws.

In the absence of Law and Order,only the violent,blood thirsty motherfuckers would be running things,and their targets would be out of luck unless they defended themselves,even if they defended themselves the odds would more than likely be stacked against them,and they would most likely be killed.

Any thoughts of a Utopian Society go out the window as soon as that shit happens.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:51 PM   #97
Saya

Kindness to me is a feat of strength, to know that no matter how you are tested, you persevere. We've ALL had acts of kindness exploited, everyone has had someone walk all over them. To give up on all humanity just because a few people are douchenozzles (who probably share your thinking of survival of the fittest). I see no benefit to give up helping others, in my individual way and as a society. I'd rather die contributing everything I have to humanity than to die alone with junk I can't take with me.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:54 PM   #98
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:

The only reason you think that is the society you live in. In a perfect Anarchist Communism, everyone would have what they NEED to survive peacefully. That being said, how much theft would there be? How much murder would there be, now that people are taken care of and nobody has a reason to hate? How much crime would there be if people had nothing to resent? If everyone was taken care of in the same way, from the smartest to the dumbest, you would have different people. The surroundings of people influence people. There would be a far smaller percentage of people trying to screw each other over if there was nothing at all to gain by it. What would happen, is that after a generation or two, this type of living would cause people to help others by instinct, which is in most of our natures if you look deep enough. The thing you don't realize is it's not the people that are evil, it's the situation that people are put in.
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 07:54 PM   #99
Splintered

Quote:
In the absence of Law and Order,only the violent,blood thirsty motherfuckers would be running things,and their targets would be out of luck unless they defended themselves,even if they defended themselves the odds would more than likely be stacked against them,and they would most likely be killed.
As opposed to Law and Order, where the violent, blood thirsty motherfuckers are running things, and their targets have been out luck for centuries unless they've defended themselves, in turn to be replaced by more blood thirsty motherfuckers, and even then the odds are still stack against them, and they are killed every single day by the state.

Oh, I'm sorry, there was a point there... right?
Old 08-11-2008, 07:56 PM   #100
Deadmanwalking_05

That didn't make me a victim it made me go into combat mode,I disarmed the bitch before she knew what happened.