Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 12-13-2011, 04:34 PM   #1
phalanxx

Intro

Hello, I'm Phalanxx. I'm 30 and I live in Eastern WA (Tri-Cities to be exact). There's not too much to do around here in the way of a goth scene, but I have recently discovered some more local goths and we are becoming fast friends. I try to get out of town whenever I can (Seattle and Portland are the closest cities with anything worth doing).

I am currently studying Medical Coding/Billing online, but I really don't like it as much as I thought I would. I am starting a new job in publishing next week, so I think I will stick with that unless something goes terribly awry :-)

In my free time of late I am either sewing, deciding what to sew, bellydancing, at the gym, cooking/baking or playing WoW.

:-)
-Phalanxx
phalanxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:40 PM   #2
Beowulf

Hello and welcome, I hope you enjoy your time here !!!.

One more thing, could you please fill out this intro form so we can get to know you better !!!.
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:31 PM   #3
Grausamkeit

<- Wants to see the bellydancing!

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:17 PM   #4
phalanxx

Hi Beowulf, I'll just post the form here, ok? Instead of making another thread :-)

Grausamkeit (cruelness?), unfortunately there are no videos of me dancing on the internet :-(

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)

Job: I am starting a new job next week in publishing. I am taking an online course for Medical Coding but I hate it, I figure I will just complete the course and be done with it.

Hobbies: As mentioned, sewing (and other crafties), bellydancing, WoW, cooking, and also fucking around on the internetz.

2. Where are you from?

Tri-Cities, WA. Currently living in Richland, the city with the highest number of PhD's per capita in the US. Last I checked, anyway.

3. Who is your favorite author?

Well. I don't have one. I love Neil Gaiman, I love what Anne Rice USED to put out, I love Harry Potter, LoTR and many other serials. I'm not into reading as much as I used to be, sadly.

4. What are your favorite films?

Hard to choose, I'm not much of a movie buff. All or most of the gothy classics, and pretty much anything British.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?

If I ever get married, I'm not having a wedding. I would rather put the money that would be spent on that towards a proper honeymoon or something. But I do want to have a party/reception, and I would play all my favorite gothy music.

6. At your funeral?

None.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

I don't know that, but my best friend has predicted that I will die from a disease.

8. What kind of casket would you want?

I want to be plastinated or mummified.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?

Something with a corset.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

Spending time with my dad and playing video games. He's not dead or anything, it's just that you grow up, move out, and have your own life; even when I go to my parent's house and visit, it's not the same.

11. What's your favorite band?

How can I ever choose a favorite anything? Though I really love Oneiroid Psychosis.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

I never cared much about going to school, for several reasons. As mentioned above, I am studying Medical Coding/Billing, but I hate it. Last year I completed the course for Medical Transcription, and while I do enjoy that, I discovered that the industry is quite fucked up and my hands can't take the constant keyboarding. I may use those credits towards a BA in Health Information Technology in the future, but I have yet to decide on that.

13. Why did you join?

Boredom?

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?

Female

Last edited by phalanxx; 12-13-2011 at 07:21 PM. Reason: spelling failz
Old 12-16-2011, 08:19 PM   #5
Grausamkeit

Cruelty.

I like Oneiroid Psychosis, too.

Old 12-17-2011, 12:17 AM   #6
phalanxx

Awesome...I find that they are very obscure. Most people haven't heard of them (please shoot me for sounding like a hipster!)
Old 12-17-2011, 08:04 AM   #7
Grausamkeit

OMFG!!!

Hipsters have taken over the Goth cliche of liking bands of which no one has heard!

They must die....