Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 10-27-2005, 07:41 PM   #1
The Minister Saint-Fond

You got some tattoos?

Sup, baby?

Ok, so I had this little dinner party tonight with some overseas business associates...

Hehe... ASSociates.

Anyway, I'm a little tipsy. Hooray for Saphire! I like it best mixed with ice cubes and angst.

So I've got two tattoos. Here's my favorite:

Show your ink!
Old 10-27-2005, 09:34 PM   #2
winged_dreams

It's so cute!

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 07:14 PM   #3
Anousenka

Tattoos

I LOVE that kitty tattoo!!! I want to get a few tattoos too
Anousenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 07:28 PM   #4
Demonista_Ravenesque

I tried to tattoo myself using a combat knife and some paint, I got sick, it turned into a scab and I picked it off....What a waste of time!

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Demonista_Ravenesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 07:52 PM   #5
the_cold_exile

Thumbs down bcus they are retarded mother fucking quers

thats y..............
the_cold_exile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 01:42 PM   #6
The Minister Saint-Fond

For the appearantly interested. My tattoo thing is called a Maneki Neko. It means "The Invitational Cat". A cat with his left paw raised calls clients into a store or business. A cat with it's right paw raised (like mine) calls something that the cat is holding. It's usally money or luck. My little coin says "ai" which means "love". It doesn't get much cuter than that.

Go get tattoos. All the cool kids have them. But please don't DIY them. I'm glad you're ok, Demonista. Please be careful.

(Jeez... What a tough kid... At that age, I was afraid of bees.)
Old 10-31-2005, 09:49 AM   #7
OdinicRite

I don't have any pictures of mine at the moment. My first tat I got was the crimson skull(MISFITS FOREVER!) it is on my right bicep, on my left bicep I have a biohazard symbol that looks like cracked stone and I am about to have the cracks gone over with neon green blacklight ink, my newest tat is on my back between my shoulder blades it is a dragon's eye in flames always looking behind me. My friend/artist is also in the middle of modifying a 3D Thors Hammer which is going on the back of my right arm.
OdinicRite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 08:01 PM   #8
blackdragon

ive got none...im younger than 14..so as always my parents r maniacs for not letting me get a tattoo!.... ..oh well ill get mine soon
blackdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 10:09 PM   #9
Katshin88@Gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonista_Ravenesque
I tried to tattoo myself using a combat knife and some paint, I got sick, it turned into a scab and I picked it off....What a waste of time!
Just wondering...

Did you ever try buring the needle/rub alcohol on it for a couple seconds and then poke your skin and then draw over it with a ballpoint pen?

I did, it may not look professional but it will stay on for a while. I don't know how long it will stay but I'm still counting the days.

I had the dragon tatoo for 3 weeks now.
Katshin88@Gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 10:29 PM   #10
Tall One In Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragon
ive got none...im younger than 14..so as always my parents r maniacs for not letting me get a tattoo!.... ..oh well ill get mine soon
Your parents are "maniacs" for not letting their under-14 child get a tattoo?

blink
blink

*walks away in disbelief*
Old 11-12-2005, 07:01 AM   #11
The Minister Saint-Fond

You really don't want to get a tattoo before you're 18 or so. And really it has nothing to do with the age of consent. It's really about the fact that your body is still growing and possibly stretching as puberty reorganizes your metabolsim. It's possible that your tattoo could be damaged or distorted and look awful, but be just as as permanent.

Of course, not everyone is done growing by 18, but most people are, and most changes after 18 will be small. So please wait so your ink can look good forever.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:11 AM   #12
rockandrose

I came very close to getting a tattoo on my lower back at the age of 15. I was going through a stupid teen phrase.

Every now and then, I still comtemplate as to whether I should get one or not. It's not a big deal. Besides, even if I get a tattoo, it won't be for public viewing.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:17 AM   #13
Juliet Bathory

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Minister Saint-Fond
You really don't want to get a tattoo before you're 18 or so. And really it has nothing to do with the age of consent. It's really about the fact that your body is still growing and possibly stretching as puberty reorganizes your metabolsim. It's possible that your tattoo could be damaged or distorted and look awful, but be just as as permanent.

Of course, not everyone is done growing by 18, but most people are, and most changes after 18 will be small. So please wait so your ink can look good forever.
Girls especially. Pregnancy will stretch your upper thighs, hips, stomach, and breasts. I once saw a girl who had a dolphin tattooed around her navel. It was a blue whale by the time she was nine months pregnant. You don't want to know what it looked like after she gave birth.
Juliet Bathory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 01:58 PM   #14
tenet_2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonista_Ravenesque
I think I'm in love! (j/k)

--Geisha
tenet_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 02:03 PM   #15
peeves

i'm getting a really pretty bleeding heart my friend drew tattooed on my neck when i'm 18
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 11:13 AM   #16
~Fallen Forever~

Awesome! Your tattoo friggin' rox. N E ways, I don't have any tattoos but I plan on getting some.
~Fallen Forever~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 05:21 PM   #17
angleangel_doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Fallen Forever~
Awesome! Your tattoo friggin' rox. N E ways, I don't have any tattoos but I plan on getting some.
Yeeeeah...use english, please.

But anyways, I, soon after I turn 18, am pretty sure I am going to get a black, white and red skull and crossbones tattooed on one of my hands between my thumb and my pointer finger (whats that called again?).
And a question for anyone with possible knowlege of this, is there some symbolism to the whole left/right thing in this kind of tattoo situation. I don't want to put out any unknown messages out there.
angleangel_doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 03:53 PM   #18
in the eyes of sorrow

i have no pics but ih ave a few tatts.
i have this weird black band thingy pattern thing around my ankle. just a bunch of criss crossing black lines an what not.
also i have this band of hearts outlined with black around my upper forearm and my last tattoo is on my back takes up half of my back its a giant wiccan symbol with fire and what not. its coolness...
in the eyes of sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 08:44 PM   #19
NyQuil of Doom

I don't have one yet, but plan on getting at least one... (I'm getting the one I have planned on getting for years, then seeing how I like it before I decide to get another) so expect pics when I do... this won't be until I've got a new job and am making money again, and it'll be in a place I can cover easily for work (the left side of my back, just above where most of my jeans come... which is one of the only places I want one that isn't mostly bone on me. I don't want one over the bone because I've heard it's really painful, so I'd like to see how it feels getting it somewhere less bony before I decide whether I can take it on a bony spot or not.)
Old 11-30-2005, 06:10 PM   #20
Deanna

Does anyone have a tattoo on the inside of their lip? I'm very interested in getting one.
Deanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 06:20 PM   #21
rockandrose

I've never heard such a thing.

Is that even possible?
Old 11-30-2005, 07:32 PM   #22
Baby Black

I saw a picture of somebody that had his lip tattooed. I dunno. I never saw the point. A lotla pain and a lotta drooling.
Baby Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 08:26 PM   #23
rockandrose

I know about cosmetic tattooing. But, tattoos on the "inside of your lips" is something I've never heard before.

My mum has her eyes cosmetically tattooed, to give a navy coloured eye liner effect.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:50 PM   #24
rockandrose

So, it is possible to tattoo on the inside of your lips.

Strange place to have a tattoo. I would of never have thought of that one.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:11 PM   #25
ohthefuckwell

the lip tattoo thing reminds me of a story a former co-worker told me. i'm not sure how true it is, but it was amusing, nonetheless.

this chick i worked with hung out with a bunch of old biker dudes & their old ladies, and it wasn't unusual for at least one person to end up with some ink before the night was done. one night, they were all partying, seriously fucked up, and this one old guy decided he wanted to get "FUCK YOU" tattooed on the inside of his lower lip (much like in the picture above). when all was said & done, the guy got up to go check out the work. they heard smashing and cursing coming from the bathroom, then the guy came running out, screaming, and proceeded to thrash the guy that just tattooed him, yelling, "YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER! YOU DID IT BACKWARDS!!!"

she said all the rest of them could do was laugh their asses off.

as for me, i have 2 tattoos on the back of my neck & urian has 12 on his arms, legs, and back. actually, he has 14 in total, but 2 of them have been covered up by newer pieces.