Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 08-31-2008, 03:17 PM   #1
Catch

What to do?

My cousin is insane and has gone missing. My family from Idaho is visiting and they trusted him to go get a pack of cigarettes and meet them at church later. A couple of hours ago he called and said he was in Ogden. He wanted directions to get back to the house. Now they are calling but there is no answer.

Now everyone is at my house and I'm at a total loss of what to say. My Father was going to go out to the institution in Portland, OR when he took a pit stop and shot himself in the head. I feel like I should be saying more, except, for occasionally checking the window to see if my cousin figured out how to get home, really fairly quiet. Sometimes optimistically state he may have decided to go back to Idaho, where he is more comfortable with the roads.
Old 08-31-2008, 03:44 PM   #2
Underwater Ophelia

Your father just killed himself?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 03:47 PM   #3
Catch

It happened when I was fifteen. He said good-bye and my grandparents IDed the body the next day while I was in school. My Grandpa Joe told me about it when they picked me up.

I got nothing here. "Hey, my Father didn't succeed until after several suicide attempts. Kenny is still a young man." I just hopes he shows up somewhere.
Old 08-31-2008, 04:18 PM   #4
Underwater Ophelia

So what you're talking about here happened over a decade ago...?
I don't understand what's going on.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 04:25 PM   #5
Catch

My cousin is now missing. He has episodes. Last night he was having a difficult time, now no one knows where he is and my aunt and uncle are here. I have a really bad associated memory and I don't want to share it with them, so while it would be nice to comfort them, quite frankily I'd probably freak them out more and make it about myself.

Luckily, they have called the police. I often felt if we had called the police when my father didn't call or come back home, the police may have stopped him. It was a eerie night, brings up bad memories.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:15 PM   #6
Catch

It is ten o'clock and we still haven't heard anything.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:44 PM   #7
Deepestblackrose

have you heard anything yet?
Deepestblackrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 02:17 AM   #8
Catch

No. Now it is 3am. His parents said sometimes he would stay out until 3 or 4 and it really messed with him. Under the circumstances, I fear my thoughts are not that out of place. Still hoping though.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:46 AM   #9
Tam Li Hua

Whoa....Catch, my thoughts are with you and your cousin.

How old is he, by the by?
Old 09-01-2008, 01:47 PM   #10
Catch

The police found him at a grocery store in Bountiful early this morning. They went out to get him. He is 23 years old.

After picking him up they went back to Idaho, but he didn't want to go to the emergency room to be evaluated. Then he wouldn't take his meds to be admitted to the assylum, so they ended up giving him a heavy coat and sleeping bag and dumping him out at the shelter.

That is a thought of worry for nothing, but now they know where he is.

Bad ending all around. If he ends up dying anyway I'll let you know. I don't like most of my family. At least I empathize with Kenny.