Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 09-01-2011, 10:40 PM   #1
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
re-releasing new "updated" star wars films

http://www.wwtdd.com/2011/08/serious...-george-lucas/
Yes, he's doing it again, screwing with more iconic pieces of movie/Star Wars history. Oddly enough it reminds me a of a study I recently heard about how the first decision you make about something is usually the right one, someone needs to tell Lucas this.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:49 PM   #2
Saya

Its like a scab he can't stop picking at.

STOP PICKING AT IT LUCAS YOU ARE ONLY GOING TO MAKE IT WORSE.

Honestly, I gave up being a Star Wars fan. I loved the original trilogy as a kid, and I'm leaving it at that.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 03:53 PM   #3
Beowulf

Saya, I agree with you, I dont see the point of revising the films every time there is a re-release, why not leave them as they are ?

Perhaps they could digitally fix Manakin Skywalkers wooden acting, he made firewood look like Gielgud !!!. :P
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:23 PM   #4
Ben Lahnger

I am so glad I bought up the limited edition 2-Disk DVD packages that came out in 2006-2007 which include the original theatrical release versions of A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. Although they cheated a little on the production ... the Special Edition versions play as a full widescreen display, while the originals play in a smaller, letter-boxed format. Still, give me the original every time.

There's no way in hell I'm giving George one penny for any of these Blu-Ray abortions.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 04:00 PM   #5
Beowulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
I am so glad I bought up the limited edition 2-Disk DVD packages that came out in 2006-2007 which include the original theatrical release versions of A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. Although they cheated a little on the production ... the Special Edition versions play as a full widescreen display, while the originals play in a smaller, letter-boxed format. Still, give me the original every time.

There's no way in hell I'm giving George one penny for any of these Blu-Ray abortions.

Well said Ben !!!.
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote