Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:25 PM   #1
satanicangel66689

Dying my hair

I want to dye my hair pink, blue & purple. I know I'll have to bleach it a lot :P I use lighter colors when dying my hair. Except when I'm dying it black or whatever. But yeah, I'm thinking of going with Manic Panic. I want a light purple, blue, & pink. If theres any other better hairdyes out there besides Manic Panic I would like to know. But it can't be too expensive or too cheap. Right now, my hair is mostly black, theres some brown, and a few reddish blonde parts.
satanicangel66689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:10 AM   #2
blackdaisy

Well, your hair color combination sounds interesting. I think the dying with Manic Panic is fine, yet make sure that the color combination you want to use goes well with your skin type, might sound awkward, but a friend of mine did the same and her tanned skin just looked odd, she began using blemish balm for paler skin. It worked really well. And the colors of her hair were more shiny it seemed. I suppose it's just the contrast, but it worked.
blackdaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:00 AM   #3
Stygok

I know eveyone wants to be more charming. But I think nature color is good for hair. I won't make damage to the hair
Stygok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:54 AM   #4
Zetmech

Well, I have a certain plan to dye my hair almost white. Problem is, I have a really old black color in my hair still, and a great part is outgrown in the front, which is light brown, so I have to pay a big amount for a barber to remove that black part, so it doesnt turn out piss-yellow instead. But I dont have that much money to deal with.
Zetmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:15 PM   #5
Sinister Bat

I dye my hair the blackest I can find, then use Borne Blond Maxi to bleach & use Splat for the wild colors, blood red, blue, purple, pink, etc.
Sinister Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:58 AM   #6
Creepy Doll

For unnatural colors, Special Effects is the best and longest lasting that I know of, and isn't damaging. Of course the prebleaching *is* damaging. I just dye my hair black. All the other colors I've tried just don't seem to look right on me.
Creepy Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:20 PM   #7
marrissey

Well have you ever bleached your hair before? That can hurt and I'm allergic, yet I've tried it twice trying to get white hair. Never again, oh my god. Blisters all over my head. Try not to get too much on your scalp.

Also, my hair is currently jet black with purple bangs.
marrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:01 PM   #8
ape descendant

You're not trying to do it in one go right? If you're trying to go for white, or even if you just have dark hair to start with, you must do it in shifts. You only leave the bleaching agent on for 10-15 mins at a time and you wait 2 weeks between treatments making sure to pamper your poor, abused hair and scalp.

I tried to bleach my hair once... I looked like a rotting pumpkin. It was not pleasant.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #9
marrissey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
You're not trying to do it in one go right? If you're trying to go for white, or even if you just have dark hair to start with, you must do it in shifts. You only leave the bleaching agent on for 10-15 mins at a time and you wait 2 weeks between treatments making sure to pamper your poor, abused hair and scalp.

I tried to bleach my hair once... I looked like a rotting pumpkin. It was not pleasant.
Yeah... I'm an impatient person. I cringe at the day I did that. I just spent hours stripping the color out and hours of bleaching.
marrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:48 AM   #10
taintedparadise

Never understood why girls keep dying their hair GF does it all the time, just make sure you do the tests you don't want a reaction, I know someone who used the same hair dye for years then last time they used it they had some swelling nothing major but google hair dye reactions to some bad cases, but i'm sure you know what your doing
taintedparadise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:07 AM   #11
Firebird

I've tried Manic Panic, Special Effects, Splat, and a couple others, and I keep returning to the Splat. It's more easily accessible here in redneckland (nearest place to purchase anything else is an hour away) and seems to last just a little longer in my hair. I only use the Raspberry, though, with a little black on top.
Firebird is offline   Reply With Quote