Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 12-20-2010, 04:54 PM   #301
DarknessReveals

One of my friends is black and she's a goth.
DarknessReveals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 05:31 PM   #302
Angelic Dissonance2

I saw one wearing red eyeshadow. I was like, "Aww shit, that's awesome!"

Nahh, they're out there.
Angelic Dissonance2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:46 PM   #303
Tobi Addams

My best friend is black and he's definitely goth, even though he may not know it.
Tobi Addams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:05 AM   #304
samoan_atrocity

im a black goth guy. honestly, i wish people would stop looking at the color of our skin and then telling us what we can or cant do. i would absolutly love if someone came up and wanting to strike up a conversation. theres no difference really. we can be just as morbid in our own little way.
samoan_atrocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:14 AM   #305
ape descendant

I wish the same thing for my gender, my dear. I guess we're all still working on making the world a reasonable place.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 05:50 AM   #306
EternalFlame

Im guessing you'd just approach them as you'd approach anyone. Im a black goth and people get on me about being a "devilworshipper" saying thats what "white" people do. To me, race shouldn't matter in the case of goths, because its really just making you seem like everyone else in this judgemental world. No offense of course, I understand your curiousity, but honestly, the whole point of being goth is that you dont care what people think of you. And it is rare, because so many people are scared to step out of the status quo, of what they think they have to do. "Oh, Im black so I have to listen to rap and hiphop" Not true. People have set 'guidelines' of what different people [i]should[i] do. Goths and others don't follow these things. Its like seeing a dog and a cat that get along. Its not so rare, but it does happen. So.. I hope this helps you in some way. Black goths are no different than "regular" goths. And if you treat us like we are different, then that shows that your no better than the other people in this world that you despise so much.
EternalFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:30 AM   #307
Beowulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalFlame View Post
Im guessing you'd just approach them as you'd approach anyone. Im a black goth and people get on me about being a "devilworshipper" saying thats what "white" people do. To me, race shouldn't matter in the case of goths, because its really just making you seem like everyone else in this judgemental world. No offense of course, I understand your curiousity, but honestly, the whole point of being goth is that you dont care what people think of you. And it is rare, because so many people are scared to step out of the status quo, of what they think they have to do. "Oh, Im black so I have to listen to rap and hiphop" Not true. People have set 'guidelines' of what different people [i]should[i] do. Goths and others don't follow these things. Its like seeing a dog and a cat that get along. Its not so rare, but it does happen. So.. I hope this helps you in some way. Black goths are no different than "regular" goths. And if you treat us like we are different, then that shows that your no better than the other people in this world that you despise so much.
Well said !!!.
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:09 AM   #308
XNyarlathotepX

-points to icon for this website's HTTP address-

Um, that symbol in front of the address bar we all think is so cool?
Being Egyptian, the Ankh comes from Africa.
The magickal premises we read in Anne Rice novels? Haitian Voodoo.
Where do we see the musical progenitor of goth rock? I'm talking WAY, WAY back, in the deepest musical sense? Delta Blues. Robert Johnson. "Crossroad Blues" "Me and the Devil" "Hellhound on my Trail"

If anything, blacks may very well have MORE of a cultural claim to goth than us whites do. Certainly they have a better historical justification for being depressed about being oppressed, the way us goths often like to do.

Anansi is "uber goth".

...and let's not forget that's NOT Eric Draven's trenchcoat in The Crow. He took it off of Tin Tin.

Last edited by XNyarlathotepX; 02-28-2012 at 03:10 AM. Reason: spelling
XNyarlathotepX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:55 PM   #309
iBARFglitter

"How do I approach one?" I'm sorry but that sentence would be more appropriate when talking about a wild animals and last time I checked I was not rummaging through trash cans or gnawing on a rat carcasses. You would think that a sub-culture that is always crying out for respect would be quite accepting of people; no matter what nationality, sexuality..ect they may be. I think that if someone goths are going to continue being racist they can go join the go be a part of neo-nazi or white power who will welcome them with their open white only arms. Well anything that is just what I think.
iBARFglitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:56 PM   #310
Haejin

Oh my gosh I'm like soooooo goth. and i'm azn. SO GOTH.
Haejin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:07 AM   #311
DL Winters

I don't know...never thought a subculture like this would have a heavy focus on race. I'm black myself. The first goth I ever met was black, and my first best friend, and to be honest, I've met more multicultured goths than anything...but that never made a difference. Just individuals with a love and appreciation for the darker things in life. A love of literature, and similar artist, with a passion for horror, and what some would call and odd or creepy sense of humor was all that made the connection. I always thought it silly when race even came up in a positive or negative sense.
DL Winters is offline   Reply With Quote