Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 08-06-2012, 11:24 AM   #3751
Timeless Rebellion

I know this is in the pug thread too... But dammit, it just made my whole week!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6OwxEd0Th0&feature=plcp
Forget me not, and keep my memory.
Timeless Rebellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:57 AM   #3752
honeythorn

Next Taxidermy workshop booked !
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:48 PM   #3753
Timeless Rebellion

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...49_700b_v1.jpg
This did!
Not a pug, but quite a long image, so I will just link it here with the words: Cat vs. red dot!
Old 08-09-2012, 07:03 PM   #3754
Angelic Dissonance2

Oneness with Satan, and his light of truth. |,,|,
Angelic Dissonance2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:55 PM   #3755
Fruitbat

The new 2052 report.

We are so fucked!

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:42 AM   #3756
BourbonBoy

About to cash my grant check that's worth a month and a half's worth of pay. Oooh hellz yeah!
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:44 PM   #3757
Solumina

At the Iowa Sate Fair my cousin's baby got to grab the president's nose.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:47 PM   #3758
ape descendant

This video made my day.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:18 AM   #3759
Jaye Jang

Finding this. This is what I want on my next birthday...

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/blog/...sty+seriously/

Oh, and FACE OFF season 3 coming up!!!
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:09 PM   #3760
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
We had a wasp nest outside under one of the deck chairs, we tried spraying it with a bunch of things to get rid of them. We've dealt with several of this set of wasps' nests but this one was the most persistent. Nothing worked. So I came up with the final solution. I completely covered every inch of my body, and wore a face mask with lab splash goggles, and of course my boots.

I went out there, tried setting the nest on fire. It worked for a bit but it kept going out before it finished the job and it wasn't easy to light the matches with gloves on. At this point I had gotten used to and felt safe in the fact that I was untouchable to the wasps. So I just went and crushed part of the wasps nest between my fingers. The larvae and everything inside burst and were quite juicy I suppose you could say, and the juice was oddly quite red. But at this point I realized it would still take too long(not to mention the gloves were stained by the juice) and it was getting hot with a scarf around my head(to keep them from getting in the gaps in the hood), so I just thought to hell with it, picked it up, and crushed it underneath my boot. The wasps have since disappeared quite quickly it would seem.

Is this the final victory we had been hoping for? or will they make a new nest somewhere else on the deck now? stay tuned.
The battle against the wasps continues! This afternoon we managed to locate 7 new wasp nests! Two of them quite large. But this time I came packing chemical weapons, wasp spray, with a range of what I estimate to be 2 meters. Not only did they return to their previous location underneath the deck chair, they also set up nests in the grill, in the front porch light, and 4 nests in 3 strategic points right under the roof.

The first point of attack was the most obvious, the deck chair, upon removing the cushion you could clearly see where they had the nest set up, it was time to see just what this spray could do. It wasn't easy to aim though since I dared not lay on my back to see under the chair or disturb the chair out of fear of retaliation and being left vulnerable on my back. The spray was far different from the ant spray I was used to, this was a steady stream of wasp killing fury. Upon spraying the nest I was not disappointed, the sight of the wasps dropping like.... flies, their quickly dying bodies dropping to the deck in a satisfying succession of taps on the deck.

The next target would be found nearby in the gas grill, though we knew not where in the grill they were located so instead of the surely satisfying sound of grilled wasps screaming for mercy, we instead opted for caution. A simple walk around the back of it revealed their exit point on the grill, and there were many of them practically swarming the way out, as if some lone messenger had escaped the first battle and warned them of their impending doom. Not seeing the nest from there I proceeded to quickly douse their only escape route, this time they were ready, in spite of my spraying a few escaped flying into the air, ready to take their vengeance upon me. But I had range on my side, and with a few aimed shots they were hit in mid air, sent flying to the ground by the impact of the spray and the death it was wreaking upon their fragile bodies.

With their escape route cut off, it was time to begin our incursion into the grill. Upon opening the grill, the target was obvious, there, right on the grill inside was a large nest, that could birth dozens of new wasps, it had to be destroyed. But alas grilling was not an option, as having opened the grill, a new swarm of wasps attacked and I was quickly forced to fire upon them, sprays of spray and wasps going left and right it was chaotic but within a minute it was all over, the wasps dead, the nest doused in the spray's toxic cocktail.

It was then from my brother that rumor reached me of a wasp nest inside the light on the front porch. The light, open underneath, was the perfect spot for them, and a tricky one for me. While I could see where they were, if I remained underneath to properly take aim at them, I risked dousing my own eyes with the spray as the excess dripped down under the influence of gravity. Like the soldiers of the pacific bearing flamethrowers, I completely doused the area in my flammable concoction, wary of the risk to myself. Within moments they began dropping those once fiendish foes, now laying there in their death throes, the satisfying tapping as they fell once again rang through the air.

It was only while watching me that my brother noticed a large wasp nest under the peak of the tall part of our roof. It was then that I called in the Colonel(literally), and with his help got a ladder, put on my boots, some gardening gloves(roof shingles really rough up your hands), and climbed up the rough slope of our roof. This one was our crowning victory, with a simple spray they all fell quickly, and with a hard hit from the butt of the can the nest fell down, sliding along the roof.... and into the gutter.....

It was only later however that we thought to look along the sides of the house, it was then we found three more nests all much to our dismay, far out of reach..... To be continued...............

I think I might like killing wasps a bit too much.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:18 PM   #3761
honeythorn

How weird you mentioning that ! . I found an abandoned wasp nest today. I went into the compressor shed at work to turn it off, and in the apex of the roof was the wee wasp nest. I think the wasp abandoned it because the shed is ROASTING hot. I mean it's seriously reaching Sauna temperatures , when the sun is on it and the compressor is running. Too hot for the wasp as well I suppose.

It's really tiny, about the size of a ping pong ball perhaps. Clearly a one wasp job. But it left it halfway through. So it's not a complete ball.

It looks like a goblet, and inside is a small globe, with the open cells where the grubs would have been .

I don't like wasps much but the nests are a thing of incredible beauty. And SO fragile ! I don't know if they're made of wasp spit or something? But they are so so very paper thin, worse than tissue paper !

Try to get rid of the wasps but keep the empty nests!
Old 08-16-2012, 04:33 PM   #3762
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
How weird you mentioning that ! . I found an abandoned wasp nest today. I went into the compressor shed at work to turn it off, and in the apex of the roof was the wee wasp nest. I think the wasp abandoned it because the shed is ROASTING hot. I mean it's seriously reaching Sauna temperatures , when the sun is on it and the compressor is running. Too hot for the wasp as well I suppose.

It's really tiny, about the size of a ping pong ball perhaps. Clearly a one wasp job. But it left it halfway through. So it's not a complete ball.

It looks like a goblet, and inside is a small globe, with the open cells where the grubs would have been .

I don't like wasps much but the nests are a thing of incredible beauty. And SO fragile ! I don't know if they're made of wasp spit or something? But they are so so very paper thin, worse than tissue paper !

Try to get rid of the wasps but keep the empty nests!
You want to see the nests? they're still lying around including the huge one in the grille.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 08-17-2012, 02:03 PM   #3763
Timeless Rebellion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMowafFtPuA
Childhood memory of mine...
I heard someone blast it really, really loud yesterday on the way to the theater. And I couldn't remember the name. But then I remembered that I had listened to a Smurf Hits version as a child, and I remembered only 3 words or so. So I spent about an hour researching, and I finally found it. So now I have to share it with the world :P
Old 08-17-2012, 03:23 PM   #3764
honeythorn

Quote:
You want to see the nests? they're still lying around including the huge one in the grille.
Yes! I want one I wish they weren't so delicate' i'd love to varnish a good specimen and keep it
Old 08-17-2012, 05:18 PM   #3765
Renatus

Quote:
Yes! I want one I wish they weren't so delicate' i'd love to varnish a good specimen and keep it
I don't suppose a nest could survive international shipping could it?

Old 08-17-2012, 05:29 PM   #3766
Renatus

Here is a picture of the large Grill Nest.

Old 08-17-2012, 07:30 PM   #3767
Kasdeja

Got accepted to a free clinic that will help me with my medication(s) as I have no health insurance right now. Prescription was FREE!!

Props to Spooky Spencer for the 'shopped avatar!
If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.
Kasdeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:20 AM   #3768
honeythorn

Quote:

Oh! WANT!

I'm not sure how well it would travel. You'd have to CAREFULLY wrap it in a shit load of bubblewrap, put it in a thick card box, wrap that box in more bubblewrap and put it in another box. Then ship it.

I don't know how much shipping that would cost. Shouldn't be too terrible, they don't weigh anything they're like tissue paper ( well the one I found is anyway )
Old 08-18-2012, 12:22 PM   #3769
Timeless Rebellion

Quote:
Figures the thing would be black.... *hates wasps beyond what can be described in words*
Old 08-19-2012, 07:06 AM   #3770
honeythorn

Here's mine. It's pretty!

Old 08-19-2012, 10:09 AM   #3771
Renatus

Quote:
Here's mine. It's pretty!

Judging from the looks of that I think that perhaps your wasp nests over there are more fragile than the ones we have here.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:49 AM   #3772
Cobain

What made my day?

Getting a new fucking amplifier finally, that made my day.
Cobain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:18 PM   #3773
honeythorn

REN-

It seriously is the most delicate thing I have ever handled. It's worse than tissue paper. The inner part with the cells is slightly thicker, but the outside cup is so incredibly fragile.

I can't help but wonder if the wasp had finished this nest, would the outer part have been made much thicker? Don't know. I have mine in a tiny glass jar that originally held jam ( preserve ) to keep it from getting smashed or blown away by a gust of wind .
Old 08-21-2012, 12:48 PM   #3774
ape descendant

Gilbert Gottfried Reads Fifty Shades of Grey

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:11 PM   #3775
honeythorn

His face when he say's any of it is hilarious. As is the way he pronounces Clitoris.

Personally I have much enjoyed reading the joke reviews on this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-revi...DateDescending