Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 04-07-2006, 06:02 AM   #1
Chris Kelly

Hello

I wracked my brains to think of an engaging title but this was the best I could do!

My pseud belongs to the antagonist of Ramsey Campbell's The Doll Who Ate His Mother. Campbell is my favourite horror writer - he's a god amongst men and a jolly nice chap to boot - although I also love the works of Clive Barker, Stephen King and Poe, amongst others. In my spare time, I write horror fiction and I hope that one day my modest scribblings make it into print. Until that day, I'm enjoying my indulgences which, apart from the writing and the reading, include the music of Miles Davis, Frank Zappa, various prog rock, Frank Sinatra and plenty of jazz.

Right, I think that's enough for now - before this post starts to resemble something you'd expect to read in the lonely hearts section of your weekly freesheet.

Glad to be here, hope to speak to all of you in one capacity or another sooner or later.
Chris Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 10:53 AM   #2
Chris Kelly

Oh dear, 12 views and not one welcome (maybe if there'd been a spelling mistake I'd have got a quicker response!). Well, this doesn't bode well at all, given that others have joined since me and they've had plenty of replies. So quickly an impression is formed (I'd have thought that such a marginalised group would appreciate this. Evidently not.).

My stars, what am I doing wrong? My guess is that I am doing nothing wrong and I've just had the misfortune to have had 12 rather rude individuals look at my post - to those few I would say please don't take this further post as a clarion call to respond. Like as not your fingers will itch to reply now with some smart alec reply. I'd say don't bother; the impression you've made is bad enough as it is. Why embarrass yourselves further?

Hopefully, in a matter of hours some decent folk will read my post and make yours truly feel in some way welcome here...

Here's hoping.
Chris Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 01:38 PM   #3
angel011

You know, while you may do as you wish with your own introduction thread, if you feel like whining, there's an entire forum just for that. It's called 'Whining'.

Wait a little bit more, someone will respond. You might also wish to try and answer all the suggested questions.

Welcome...
Old 04-07-2006, 03:53 PM   #4
Magpie_Tendencies

Welcome Chris.

It may just be that the people who have read your post found that they didn't know enough about you to find anything in common with you that they could mention in their welcome. People like to be able to say something other than just "welcome". Try answering the questions.

Also, it's not great to insult the members of this site in your second post...

Anyway, welcome.
Old 04-07-2006, 04:21 PM   #5
Velvet Rain Drops

Hey welcome Chris,
Dont't worry more people will reply. Have a look around and get to know the site. Just don't make us look like rude asses in your posts.
Welcome Chris.
Velvet Rain Drops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 10:58 PM   #6
crimsonjoy

Hey there, Chris Kelly. Don't be all pissy; people sometimes have to think about what to say before they comment. If you answer some of the questions someone may think of something to say to you.

Welcome.
crimsonjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 09:17 AM   #7
Kuipo40

Umm........ Welcome. My Advice Find Another Goth Site Where The People Are Not So F****** Rude. Ive Been Goth Since Before Most Of These Posers Were Born And Well? If They Want To Call Themselves Goth, Whatever. And Also The Only So Called Goth's On This Site Are Buddies Or Owners Or Whatever. Let Them Have Gothic.net It's Not The Only Gig In Town. Till We Meet Again. Also What Do You Think About Herschell Gordon Lewis?
Kuipo40 is offline   Reply With Quote