Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 01-11-2014, 02:55 AM   #1
annflewoverthecuckoosnest

Hi, all!

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)

I love writing, reading in libraries and cemeteries, exploring different corners of life, caring for my lovely little chinchilla, meditating, and smelling various soaps at local pervayours of such bath goods

2. Where are you from?

A rural part of California where the stars scatter across ponds every night.

3. Who is your favorite author?

Oooh, that's a tough one. I love the works of Carl Jung. Ray Bradbury stains my soul with meadow-tinged rambles and surrealist tales of the bizarre. Carl Sagan is wonderful. Anne Rice, Sonya Hartnett, Emily Dickenson, H.P. Lovecraft, Roshi Joan Halifax, Cormac Mccarthy, Shirley Jackson... I could just go on and on. So many authors hold a special place in my heart.

4. What are your favorite films?

Donnie Darko, Baraka, Corpse Bride, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, the 1946 version of Beauty and the Beast ("La Belle et la Bête"), Sweeney Todd, Harold and Maude, Persepolis, Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail, Jan Svankmajer's "Alice", Lost Highway, Pan's Labyrinth, The Big Lebowski, Psycho, etc.etc.etc.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?

It would depend on who I was marrying. Haven't really thought about it.

6. At your funeral?

Whatever would comfort my loved ones. Funerals are for the living.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

I don't know what my biological preference for death is, but I want my state of mind to be one of peaceful awareness as my ego disperses back into the universe.

8. What kind of casket would you want?

A simple, eco-friendly wooden one filled with flowers. Or I would like to be cremated and used as fertilizer to make a tree grow out of my ashen bones

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?

Probably my vintage laced witch/granny boots with a baroque little choker and slave bracelet, black, flowing gypsy skirt, black, lacy midrift, light bluish-gray eye shadow, dark red lipstick, and black eyeliner wings.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

Not having to incorporate any sort of spiritual practice to be fully immersed in the moment.

11. What's your favorite band?

I can't choose just one. I love Right Away, Great Captain!, TOOL, Shpongle, The Killers, Black Mountain, Wolf People, Hatriot, Dead Kennedys, Andy Hull... and that's really all that I'm going to get into because there's just way too many.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

I'm in a local Community College that offers an accredited nursing program. I'm currently working on getting my prerequisites out of the way so that I can be eligible for said program, get my nursing license, and go into hospice care.

13. Why did you join?

I have found myself drawn back into my gothic tendencies, lately, and wanted to be in touch with like minded folks who aren't afraid to explore their dark side and discuss such taboo subjects as death, literature, depth psychology, and Bauhaus

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?

I am a lady.
annflewoverthecuckoosnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:43 PM   #2
deathsdj

Nice to meet you!
deathsdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:00 AM   #3
Versus

Hi. Which spiritual practice? You didn't say.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:31 PM   #4
Frozen_Stars

Hi there! *waves*
What kind of stuff are you writing?
Frozen_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote