Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 11-17-2008, 01:58 PM   #1
Necrophagist

Israel/Palestine

Your opinions on this issue.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:08 PM   #2
Albert Mond

It's irony. Pure irony.
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:12 PM   #3
weepingblood

Israel should'nt have stolen they're land, but Palestine have resorted to murder to stop them. It's like 9-11, you should'nt attack the innocents. And human life is worth more than land.
weepingblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:13 PM   #4
Necrophagist

Haha! Man, your posts crack me up.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:15 PM   #5
weepingblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophagist
Haha! Man, your posts crack me up.
Who, me?
Old 11-17-2008, 02:20 PM   #6
Necrophagist

No. And what are you on about?

Though Palestine killed innocents, Israel killed innocents, introduced apartheid-like laws, and have been literally destroying the lives of Palestinian people!
Old 11-17-2008, 02:28 PM   #7
weepingblood

Quote:
No. And what are you on about?

Though Palestine killed innocents, Israel killed innocents, introduced apartheid-like laws, and have been literally destroying the lives of Palestinian people!
Oh sorry, I thought you were talking to me. I'm sorry, I will read more carefully in the future.

I do'nt know what aparthied means but Palestinian people have been suicide bombing Israel for years, there is NO excuse for killing innocent civiliens.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:31 PM   #8
Necrophagist

No, Hezbollah have been doing so, and they're Lebanese. The Israeli government is seperating citizens due to race.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:32 PM   #9
weepingblood

Quote:
No, Hezbollah have been doing so, and they're Lebanese. The Israeli government is seperating citizens due to race.
Palestine have done it too. Read the news.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:54 PM   #10
JCC

Hezbollah are a military organisation, they're part of Lebanon's guard against Israel's attacks. The Palestinian Liberation movement has the misfortune of being fronted by crazy Islamo-fascists like Yasser Arafat, but I have no problem with them fighting against Israel's attacks, although they're fighting the wrong people in attacking civilians. However, if a Palestinian terrorist organisation went and kidnapped Israel's major figures, I'd be fucking jumping for joy.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:58 PM   #11
weepingblood

Yes exactly, that's what I was trying to say. They are going after the wrong people. They have a point but they still have blood on their hands.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:16 PM   #12
ThreeEyesOni

It's a big pit of suck.

Almost laughable.

Neither party is guilt-free whatsoever. I would almost emphasize more with Palestine, if not for their overwhelming resistance to proper negotiations, compromise, and from halting flat-out murder of civilians (whether through the "official" organizations or not, there is little to no effort taken to enforce ceasefires and almost real concern or guilt shown to be felt). It would even start to be a different matter if the attacks weren't overwhelmingly random attacks against the civilian population instead of governmental/military strikes.

The whole situation is one of "Guess what? You're all fucked over by history and you're just going to have to damn well learn to compromise." No one is terribly willing to do that, though.

Israel is falling into the situation of taking more and more drastic actions, but I don't really see that they can do much else unless a ceasefire can be held. It's hurtning Israel's position, though.
ThreeEyesOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 03:27 PM   #13
JCC

Yeah, fuck Palestine for not wanting to go to meetings with the people who've been murdering their citizens for forty years so that they can hand over people's homes purely because the Israeli people think that because they're Jewish, they deserve it.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:33 PM   #14
Despanan

It's a giant clusterfuck where everyone involved is being a giant douche to everyone else involved.

If I had to pick a side, I'd pick Israel, as I admire the fact that they've managed to hang on to their land despite being completely surrounded by enemies, but seriously, everyone is to blame.

This is one of those problems that I wish could be solved by lining everyone up, delivering a vicious bitchslap all the way down the line, and saying: QUIT ACTING LIKE ASSHOLES.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 03:35 PM   #15
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan
If I had to pick a side, I'd pick Israel, as I admire the fact that they've managed to hang on to their land despite being completely surrounded by enemies, but seriously, everyone is to blame.
THEY'VE BEEN ILLEGALLY PRESENT IN PALESTINE FOR FORTY YEARS.

The Lebanese Prime Minister broke into tears on national television begging for a ceasefire from Israel. They're using US money to terrorise the East. Nice job choosing sides, bro.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:44 PM   #16
weepingblood

Yes but life is worth more than land, they made a bad choice with the suicide bombing.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:59 PM   #17
ThreeEyesOni

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
THEY'VE BEEN ILLEGALLY PRESENT IN PALESTINE FOR FORTY YEARS.
Yup. Balfour Declaration, League of Nations in 1912, UN Partition Plan from 1947; nope, none of those have any relevance to the fucked-up legal creation of Israel.

If you want to get technical, the UN Partition Plan is legal. It's just tremendously fucked up and I'm pretty sure not something that would even be considered a viable option in the current socio-political structure. And for damned good reason, I'll add.

Still, a glaring all-caps sentence isn't much going to be helping out with that mess of red tape.

I'm one of the first to agree that the original formation was one fucked-up bit of nonsense. But you know what? Tough shit; it's not something that can just be univerally undone nowadays. What would you plan to do to completely rectify it? Deport the current residents of Israel? Where?

If only there was some place we could put all these Jews...

OH! Wait; we tried that tactic in... oh, wasn't it 1947? :P

So the first thing that people need to acknowledge is that the situation is pretty fucked up and you are all just going to have to damn well come to a compromise.

And regardless of all that, widespread attacks on random civilians is just not the damn way to get anything solved. You know where that ends up? Lots of people are going to die; either both sides decimate each other or one of them wipes the other out. Unacceptable.

Your logic for condoning those civilian strikes is strange. It's not too far of a gap between that and saying that suicide bombings on civilian targets by the North American Native Americans would be a perfectly acceptable action due to our several hundred years of illegally squatting on their land. Just because someone breaks a law doesn't mean you go blow up a random joe that's only loosely associated with the people fucking you over with broken laws.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:03 PM   #18
weepingblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeEyesOni
Still, a glaring all-caps sentence isn't much going to be helping out with that mess of red tape.
No internet posts will help, you are just picking on JCC.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:06 PM   #19
ThreeEyesOni

Quote:
Originally Posted by weepingblood
No internet posts will help, you are just picking on JCC.
Nah, just responding. I'm not in 5th grade, I don't "pick on" anyone. I'm more than a large slice of asshole, but I'm not an indiscriminate asshole.

The point I was trying to make was that stating 40+ years of illegal and unlawful occupation is not technically correct by way of international law. Placing that statement in all caps doesn't help, and frankly the issue itself is enough without the eyestrain. I'm not disagreeing with his sentiment, just with the factual correctness and the method of delivery.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:09 PM   #20
weepingblood

Quote:
Placing that statement in all caps doesn't help, and frankly the issue itself is enough without the eyestrain.
Nothing helps. None of the posts here help the situation over there.

And all caps are easier to read so your eyestrain argument is redundent. So you ARE just picking on JCC, I think. I don't mean to sound bitchy but that's how it sounds to me.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:15 PM   #21
ThreeEyesOni

Quote:
Nothing helps. None of the posts here help the situation over there.

And all caps are easier to read so your eyestrain argument is redundent. So you ARE just picking on JCC, I think. I don't mean to sound bitchy but that's how it sounds to me.
Just drop it. If you're not able to look over an idle comment on a topic like this, then just drop it and forget I said it. Debating over my choices of prose is absolutely pointless and completely irrelevant to the actual topic.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:16 PM   #22
Despanan

Quote:
Yup. Balfour Declaration, League of Nations in 1912, UN Partition Plan from 1947; nope, none of those have any relevance to the fucked-up legal creation of Israel...

And regardless of all that, widespread attacks on random civilians is just not the damn way to get anything solved. You know where that ends up? Lots of people are going to die; either both sides decimate each other or one of them wipes the other out. Unacceptable.

Your logic for condoning those civilian strikes is strange. It's not too far of a gap between that and saying that suicide bombings on civilian targets by the North American Native Americans would be a perfectly acceptable action due to our several hundred years of illegally squatting on their land. Just because someone breaks a law doesn't mean you go blow up a random joe that's only loosely associated with the people fucking you over with broken laws.
QFT. Oni, you are rapidly becoming one of my favorite members.

JCC:
Once again, way to fixate on one tiny aspect of my post, ignore the context, and respond with a string of ALLCAPS! Thumbs up dude.

weepingblood:
Stop talking. You're embarassing yourself.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:16 PM   #23
weepingblood

Quote:
Just drop it. If you're not able to look over an idle comment on a topic like this, then just drop it and forget I said it. Debating over my choices of prose is absolutely pointless and completely irrelevant to the actual topic.
Hahaha you mean you can't argue it because I'm right. Aces.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:18 PM   #24
Despanan

Quote:
Hahaha you mean you can't argue it because I'm retarded. Aces.

Look, I fixed it.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:20 PM   #25
weepingblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan
Look, I fixed it.
Real mature idiot.