Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 04-29-2005, 12:57 PM   #101
Alien_Surgeon

I’ve always been puzzled about why so many Americans are so easily satisfied by their politicians. I suppose it’s a combination of low IQs, inadequate education and naturally trusting nature, further helped by incessant distractions and entertainment.

The American people are being screwed, blued and tattooed by the politicians in Washington, and most don’t even know it. They are suffocated by the incessant amount of Rhinoceros poured on them by the overpaid, overperked, overpensioned politicians who have voted themselves into the top 5 percent of income. Public servants, my foot.
Alien_Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 02:04 PM   #102
Asurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
Anything below the mason dixon line is pretty much a lost cause.
Southerners are much more friendly people. Compared to the northern states, southern states give much more money to charities and other good causes. Not per capita; simply more. Whenever there's a disaster of some sort, the entire community gathers together to help out.

If travelling, you can walk up to nearly any house south of the Mason-Dixon Line and ask to use the restroom, and the house owner will invite you in and offer you a cup of coffee.

And really -- would you rather walk down a dark country road in South Carolina or down a dark alley in New York City?
Asurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 03:33 PM   #103
TeapotScar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asurai
Quote:
Anything below the mason dixon line is pretty much a lost cause.
Southerners are much more friendly people. Compared to the northern states, southern states give much more money to charities and other good causes. Not per capita; simply more. Whenever there's a disaster of some sort, the entire community gathers together to help out.

If travelling, you can walk up to nearly any house south of the Mason-Dixon Line and ask to use the restroom, and the house owner will invite you in and offer you a cup of coffee.

And really -- would you rather walk down a dark country road in South Carolina or down a dark alley in New York City?
To be fair, NYC isn't as horrible as its reputation. It's not all gun-carrying gang members and serial killers, and I've never seen one, to this day. Just the other day, I was in the park and I fell asleep, for like an hour and a half, dead asleep. Nothing was taken from me, I wasn't *****, I wasn't mugged, I wasn't bothered at all. I've ridden the subways past midnight, and I never once saw anything that gave me any concern.

Also, it's not like the south is *all* country and the north is *all* cities. I grew up in the country/suburbs of New York, lets not forget that the south is home to Miami, Atlanta, etc. Like, I know "southern hospitality" is really prevalent in the south, and that's really nice. I like that about the south. But they also have more hate crimes. Like... it's give and take. They both have pros and cons.

And what Sternn was referring to is hicks. And, come on- there's nobody in the world who's going to argue that the north has more cousin-kissing hicks than the south. Like... seriously. :wink: :lol:

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
TeapotScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 03:48 PM   #104
Granny-like_the_apple

Quote:
Or in the case of New Orleans, a shot of vodka if you take off your top.

Don't let mobile phone conversations lead to premature sex and pregnancy.
Granny-like_the_apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 04:02 PM   #105
Asurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny-like_the_apple
That applies just about everywhere, I'm sure.
Old 04-29-2005, 04:14 PM   #106
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaelstrom
Pentagon "Boeing":

http://www.pentagonstrike.co.uk/pentagon_bp.htm#Main

Even if not in your language, it should be obvious after a bit...
Mael you should go online and look for the back issue of Popular Mechanics for March 2005.

AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 04:22 PM   #107
Granny-like_the_apple

Quote:
Quote:
You have a point. But where else is that contract simply implied in all situations?

Old 04-29-2005, 04:25 PM   #108
WolfMoon

Quote:
CLS - PA? pffftt...look at all the southern states and you can get a good idea of exactly what your talking about. Anything below the mason dixon line is pretty much a lost cause.

Anyone else think maybe the north should have let the southern states goes back in the american civil war?

Slán
I come from a southern state, asshat.And, no, we don't fuck our cousins and we're not all under-educated, racist, trailer-park trash.

Maybe if you took your drunken head out of your ass you'd learn something.Or maybe you're too busy growing potatoes and drinkin' to care that you're just perpetuating lame stereo-types.

How do goths seriously expect others to accept the fact that we're not all a bunch of suicidal wangsty teens that worship satan, if we rely on stereo-types to define who others are to us?So goth...............

:roll:

Some grow up, some grow senile.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 05:00 PM   #109
Binkie

Yeah, Wolf, don't worry. The fact he refers to the "mason dixon line" is just funny as hell right off the bat, but not only that: the "uneducated red necks" he's refering to in rural areas are all people who surpass him in I.Q. tests. It's so bad that Sternn has to break out the dictionary all the time while watching an episode of Jerry Springer.

Oh, and if you've ever been in any other area other than Pittsburgh, Philly, or any of the other tiny urban shitholes in PA, Sternn, you'd notice that PA is a gigantic cesspool of your favorite people: flag waving, blue collar, NASCAR fans with Christian morals and ideals that don't approve of your bisexuality, music, or lifestyle. You've probably never ventured out that far, and are only basing this bullshit off of something really, really stupid like blue state - red state maps.

Drive through rural PA, then enter rural West Virginia. It's a noticable step up when you change states. You'll have to try this out next time you decide to actually speak from experience.
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 05:22 PM   #110
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
Quote:
CLS - PA? pffftt...look at all the southern states and you can get a good idea of exactly what your talking about. Anything below the mason dixon line is pretty much a lost cause.

Anyone else think maybe the north should have let the southern states goes back in the american civil war?

Slán
I come from a southern state, asshat.And, no, we don't fuck our cousins and we're not all under-educated, racist, trailer-park trash.

Maybe if you took your drunken head out of your ass you'd learn something.Or maybe you're too busy growing potatoes and drinkin' to care that you're just perpetuating lame stereo-types.

How do goths seriously expect others to accept the fact that we're not all a bunch of suicidal wangsty teens that worship satan, if we rely on stereo-types to define who others are to us?So goth...............

:roll:

Some grow up, some grow senile.

AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 01:24 PM   #111
Asurai

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You have a point. But where else is that contract simply implied in all situations?
College frat houses?
Old 04-30-2005, 01:27 PM   #112
Asurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkie
It's so bad that Sternn has to break out the dictionary all the time while watching an episode of Jerry Springer.
Ouch. That one deserves another 'pwned' photoshop...

And it's straight into the book of quotes.
Old 04-30-2005, 03:05 PM   #113
Granny-like_the_apple

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
College frat houses?
Dammit, I keep forgetting those exist. If only we had some here, I could get drunk for free every night!

I said could, not would. I would, though.

Old 05-02-2005, 06:28 AM   #114
CptSternn

Binkie - I have actually been to the aformentionted places, unlike yourself. Once you get out of school there in colorado, maybe you would like to actually leave your parents basement and see the world! And you know, once you turn 21 you will also be able to drink when you get there!

Slán
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 04:48 PM   #115
Binkie

Colorado? Heh... boy you're way off there, cowboy. Keep guessing though. It's amusing to see you become this desperate.

Also, try visiting most of PA sometime for real. I'd be glad to meet you here and give you the grand tour of the entire state so you can see what people are talking about. Oh, and while you're here, maybe we can tour the south so you can get a glimps of what it's really like instead of recalling Civil Rights films from the 50s and 60s and using long outdated US Civil War terminolgy.
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Old 05-02-2005, 05:26 PM   #116
MrMaelstrom

Personal as it gets, no one here really has taken pot-shots at Ireland. Not seriously, anyway.

Should it be done? I mean, it's not like there's any lack of ammo on Micks...

You guys need to remember exactly what it is you're lashing out at, people or issues?

More importantly, WHY is it these positions you take mean all that much.

I dunno, it's like racists and skinheads, I always find them to be extremely passionate in their views as a compensation for the lack of a true individual character.

This isn't directed at anyone specific.

When I want to specify, you'll see the red laser light a microsecond before impact.

Use that microsecond wisely.
Old 05-02-2005, 08:26 PM   #117
Soul_Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaelstrom
Personal as it gets, no one here really has taken pot-shots at Ireland. Not seriously, anyway.

Should it be done? I mean, it's not like there's any lack of ammo on Micks...

You guys need to remember exactly what it is you're lashing out at, people or issues?

More importantly, WHY is it these positions you take mean all that much.

I dunno, it's like racists and skinheads, I always find them to be extremely passionate in their views as a compensation for the lack of a true individual character.

This isn't directed at anyone specific.

When I want to specify, you'll see the red laser light a microsecond before impact.

Use that microsecond wisely.

In the end, time is all we have.

*Soul*
Old 05-02-2005, 09:09 PM   #118
Panther

Location: The middle of nowhere, on the outskirts of the boonies.
That sounds like the end of a poem, or a good song title.
Will we stroll dreaming of the lost America of love
past blue automobiles in driveways, home to our silent
cottage?
-Allen Ginsberg, A Supermarket in California
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 07:26 AM   #119
CptSternn

First, I've lived in PA. I lived in Philly, and in Pittsburg. Use to spin at Laga, and in Shampoo. I have pix on my site if your interested with links to the flyers they used to do for me.

I also have lived in various parts of Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, and my favorite, Florida (Miami to be specific).

So I can say whatever I want about the people there as I lived there, more than those attacking my statements have done.

And binkie- if your in PA then you have personally seen my work or my events, and you would know who I am, which means your either not there, or just as I said before a shut in who really isnt part of the scene.

Slán
Old 05-07-2005, 07:45 AM   #120
Binkie

I already noted Pittsburgh and Philly. But just how far out have you ventured from those two cities? It's a blue collar state all the way around. Pittsburgh's a shithole with tall empty buildings and a massive debt.

I've lived in Pittsburgh, but I've never seen or heard of you because I never went to the Laga all that often (due to the fact I have to park illegally cause I'm not coughing up $5 for a garage or lot). And when I did, it sure as hell wasn't on Goth/DJ nights. So yeah, I've never heard of you. Not that you were all that big of a name in the first place.
Old 05-07-2005, 08:43 AM   #121
MrMaelstrom

Well, I haven't given a shit about Pittsburgh since the Steelers went off the radar screen. They were great in the 70's.

I was also a fan of the Cleveland Browns (horrible, horible name. It reminds me of skid marks on underwear) when they had the Rookie of the year sprinting for the endzone and Cleveland fans went from wearing brown paper bags on their heads to being proud fans.
Untill they went to play the Broncos in Colorado.
Fuck Elway!!!!!
The rule about giving the away team the goal if the home crowd got too noisy when the punt is kicked had just been approved.
The crowd ruined the punt tand the Broncos went on to the playoffs. The referee was a cowardly sack of shit and Cleveland should have gone on the the final playoffs. Bastards...

And then I found out about Joe Montana and I just fell in love with the SF 49ers. Wow. That dude was the Michael Jordan of Quartebacks.

Er... ...What were we talking about anyway?
Old 05-07-2005, 04:13 PM   #122
Binkie

A Browns and Steelers game. Two teams with the craziest fans and biggest rivalries. If you ever attend one, plan on drinking lots of beer and be prepared to knock at least 5 people out before the police break it up.

Steelers actually weren't too bad this year. Almost made it to the Super Bowl before crashing and burning in the play offs.
Old 05-09-2005, 06:14 AM   #123
CptSternn

So if your so against the G/i scene and would 'sure as hell not go' to any gothic events, then why do you come to gothic.net and waste your time posting to groups of people who DO go to those events and ARE a part of that scene, which you seem to mock?

Looking for excitement outside of your young republican meetings?

Slán
Old 05-09-2005, 08:25 AM   #124
SuicideJade

me and the friendly people at george.says-it.com have something to add..

Old 05-09-2005, 09:59 AM   #125
TeapotScar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideJade
me and the friendly people at george.says-it.com have something to add..

Haha, I love it Jade!

...but you better watch out, posting stuff like that- you know what happens to people who post anything negative about the president...

Scandal!

:lol:

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
TeapotScar is offline   Reply With Quote