Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 04-04-2005, 02:37 PM   #776
Loy

"Sin City"-OK, I'm gonna end up losing my "Geek-Chic" status by saying this-I was never impressed with Miller's "Sin City". I always felt that it was an "updating" of old noir cliches in all the worst possible excesses of the late 80's/early 90's penchant for "updating" ("updating" meaning adding cursing, fucking, and violence, but not really commenting on the original thing in the first place....kind of like David Mamet with Arthur Miller-style playwriting). And yes, I know Frank Miller did "Batman Returns", and is normally a great writer, but "Sin City" was, to me, nothing more than an overhyped hyperbolic masturbation fantasy for 13 year olds who have yet to actually get laid.

After seeing "Sin City", I think I know what my problem with "SC" was-it was never meant to be a comic book (sorry, graphic novel) at all. "Sin City" works in all the ways the comic (err....GN) never did-whilst upping the ante in the violence and sex department, Miller (and really, he is the only one of the three directors worthy of mention as a "director" on this project....and I'll get into that in a moment) also allowed us to see what he was going for-a deconstruction and mocking of comic book conventions (and it's constant placating to the post-adolescent mookheads). And this kind of deconstructionism just doesn't work for this kind of story on the printed page as well as it does on the big-screen....imagine any film Clint Eastwood has been in starting with "Fistfull Of Dollars" as a graphic novel....and you can't because they just don't work.

However, if you aren't on your awares, "Sin City" is filled to the brim with said "masturbatory fantasies for post-adolescents". Lots of guns, fights, blood, and boobies. And with a storyline that is (purposely) made for the ADD-afflicted, it's an almost perfect film for Friday night popcorn.

I said "almost". What makes it such a ahard pill to swallow for the beer-and-popcorn crowd? Simple-"Sin City" is too busy mocking itself and it's "targetted" audience for it to maintain anything other than a visceral thrill. Whilst the comic-geeks will obviously see it over and over again and go into detail about aspects of the stories, they'll skip over the fact that there are parts of it that are all about style and nothing about substance. Now, while I don't expect "Wings Of Desire" everytime I watch a film (I love the Mummy films, fer fucks sake), with the stylization and storytelling mode, I was sad that there were parts that were nothing more than just that. Why else would Jessica "can't act for shit" Alba actually be listed as an "actress" rather than "here to bring in the raincoat semi-pedophile crowd"?

And this is where I must bring up Mr. Rodriguez. Robert Rodriguez I have always compared to Francis Ford Coppolla in that both of them, on a visual and technical level, are amazing directors with one major fault-neither of them can tell a story for shit (and please, don't bring up "The Godfather"-the first two were brilliant more so because of Robert Evans than Coppolla, and if you don't believe me, remember this-the third one didn't have as much Evans influence over it....and don't EVEN try to convince me that "Dracula" was a great film, because you're only lying to yourself), leaving a whole slew of films you're amazed watching, but laugh about liking directly afterwards. One would have figured Rodriguez would have fucked up this film, and one could easily summise that it would have been a complete fucking mess if him and Tarantino (the most worthless hack this side of Joel Schumacher....don't even try to convince me otherwise, because it's an argument you will lose) had been left to their own devices. However (and I can't say for sure whether this was his call or Millers), he was smart enough to have the original creator involved in an extremely major way thats unprecedented in adaptation for film. And, after watching "Sin City", all I can say is "thank fucking god for that".
Old 04-04-2005, 04:27 PM   #777
Deadhymn

First off....FM didn't write "Batman Returns". He wrote "The Dark Knight Returns" there's a HUGE difference (one being a top notch GN, the other being a sad Burton flick...). And secondly, Fist Full Of Dollars could easily work as a comic. (look up Apache Skies...a western with good dialogue and a believable amount of action). With someone like Bendis writing it, it would EASILY work (see Daredevil for a further example of how the dialogue would carry over....and the mood). And THIRDLY (can i say thirdly ?) The over the top attitude you say is "mocking itself" is more like Frank Miller amplifying everything he loved about the movies and pulp novels that inspired it. There was never enough sex, violence, or style. He wanted more of that, so he made it happen. Quit trying to dig so deep into subplots and hidden meanings, and just read an interview or two once in a while....
Deadhymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 02:43 AM   #778
pitseleh

Reformat!

All this sideways scrolling is seriously nauseating.
pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 06:07 AM   #779
DreamCase

Yes I am too lazy for this,

I watched The Final Cut last night, It was a good movie, ended kind of odd though.
DreamCase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 02:52 PM   #780
Loy

Deadhymn-First off, I appologise for confusing the name of an above-average comic series with the name of an above average Tim Burton film.

Second off, I was actualloy speaking of Clint Eastwood films in general, but OK, let's take your silly idea of "Fistful" working as a comic....sorry, but "Fistful" works on so multiple levels, and the way the story exposition is constructed makes it impossible to hit all those level without mis-en-scene and scene movement/construction, which comics don't have. Now, I'm not saying comics aren't capable of multi-level storytelling (look at "The Watchmen" or "Sandman", or evenn the classic "Love And Rockets"), but "Fistful" (and really, any film with Clint in it afterwards) are made specifically for screen. And I'm actually offended that you'd put "Apache Skies" in the same field as the Leone films! How DARE you! See, "AS" is an example of my problem with "updating" (adding more "fucks", fucking, and fighting for no reason other than to do so), whereas Eastwood, starting with "Fistful", has made a career out of deconstructing masculinity. I should hog-tie you naked and toss you into the Eagle with a note pinned on you saying "I have **** fantasies" for your inherent blasphemy!

Third off, if Miller was just trying to amplify all that stuff, well he not only failed to do so in a credible manner, but has been beaten to the punch already (let's see, "Point Blank", "Chinatown", "The Grifters", "Last Man Standing", "Red Rock West", "Last Seduction", "Man Who Wasn't There", "Blood Simple", "Miller's Crossing", "A Simple Plan", "Sleepers", "The Driver", "The Long Goodbye", "Taxi Driver", "Body Heat", "LA Confidential", "The Grifters", all of Melville's films, "Shoot The Piano Player", "Breathless", "Band Of Outsiders", all of Chabrol's films....I'm sure I can come up with a more comprehensive list, but this is just off the top of my head). No, everything about "Sin City" is so over the top that it becomes ludicrous, and becomes a mocking of the conventions being over-amplified, which brings about the questioning not only of those conventions, but of the attitudes behind them, thus becomes a deconstructionist movement. And I'm willing to buy this coming more from Rodriguez than Miller, but as I said, the cohesion of everything seems to come more from Miller than from Rodriguez as evidenced by their works as a whole.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:06 PM   #781
AlKilyu

Tron

Don't remember Tron having male cameltoe, however...

Oh and Loy: A good number of the movies you mentioned I hate. I hate movies where it is a twist upon a twist, etc.
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 05:00 AM   #782
Soul_Immortal

The Village
Bridget Jones 2 (NOT a word...)
Exorcist: The New Beginning

I loved 2 of the 3. Bridget Jones took the cake on the cheese factor, but Renee Zelwegger is adorable with that "just bit a lemon" face. Bravo.

*Soul*
Old 04-08-2005, 05:41 AM   #783
skoteinh

Donnie Darko.

I'm not impressed.

OK, the rabbit suit was scary and the ending interesting, but I can't really say if it was a horror film, a science fiction film or a teen flick.

Average.
Old 04-08-2005, 07:19 AM   #784
darkangel81

Snatch

An extremely cool movie
darkangel81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 07:38 AM   #785
chemical_saddness

went and saw sin city last night... it was kick ass
chemical_saddness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 10:24 AM   #786
Deadhymn

Dementia 13. Ax murders and tiara's in 1963....
Old 04-08-2005, 06:05 PM   #787
Loy

"Eros"-OK, so it's an omnibus film with parts directed by three of my favorite directors (Wong Kar-Wei, Steven Soderbergh, and Michaelangelo Antonioni). The first part (WKW) is just beautiful and transitory in the way Wei does so well, plus Gong Li has never looked better (and that's saying quite a bit). The second part (Soderbergh) is funny, but the ending is kind of throwaway. The third part (Antonioni) is....well, I can't really tell if Antonioni's finally sttarted to get codgy (he is 93 after all) or if he's parodying his style of film-making. Either way, I couldn't get into it, if for anything else the SHITTY DUB JOB! All in all, OK, but wait for the DVD release.

"Schizo"-"Fight Club" sans macho posturing....and if the characters had something horrble in their lives aside from modern-living-induced ennui.....like, living in a war-torn country and having very few options to feed yourself. The main character (nicknamed "Schizo", hence the title) is a 15 year old who, with his moms boyfriend, runs illegal boxing matches. When one of the boxers dies in the ring, he runs the prize money to the boxers widow and child. From here on out....well, it could've been a generic "kid tries to do the right thing" film, except the pacing and the acting make it a heart-wrenching experience.

"Kes"-So combine neo-realistic techniques (natural lighting, location shooting, non-actors) with Joseph Losey (moral outrage over socially-accepted caste systems, growing up poor) and you have "Kes", which is just a tender and heartbreaking film about a boy who, with no job, no friends, no hope whatsoever, starts training a bird. Why this isn't realeased in the US, I have no idea.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:05 AM   #788
Panther

Location: The middle of nowhere, on the outskirts of the boonies.
Sin City as well.

ran home to put my hair up like Gail, hte leader of the hookers. It looked cute, and made me laugh.

Ann Paquin cauht ym attention, playing a characer with some semblance of a sense of self, and even then not much *puts ax down slowly*

but, of course, Elija Wood (sp?) took the cake. That creepy smile made the movie so much better. And Bruce Willis was good.

Nw, for my favorite part. The color was fabulous. Goodness, I saw it for the way it was shot alone. And the massive amounts of violence? So fun.

I have to buy the books now.
Will we stroll dreaming of the lost America of love
past blue automobiles in driveways, home to our silent
cottage?
-Allen Ginsberg, A Supermarket in California
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 09:11 AM   #789
OnixxFilth

The last movie I watched was Run Lola Run with Franka Potente. See, I do like at least one foreign movie! :P I loved how it presented three different versions of events, depending on Lola's choice of actions. The "And Then" parts kind of reminded me of Spun a little bit, also Requiem for a Dream. All in all, a great movie!
OnixxFilth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 09:44 AM   #790
Deadhymn

watched Shaun of the Dead AGAIN.

"I'll quit doin it when you quit laughin'."
Old 04-13-2005, 12:48 AM   #791
pitseleh

Der Untergang, about the last days of Hitler, who is played brilliantly by Bruno Ganz. I've seen the documentary where Traudl Junge, Hitler's secretary, tells about the endtime in the bunker, and this movie is ostensibly based on many of those accounts. Very interesting, very grim. The highest number of suicides I've ever seen on film, I think.
pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 07:39 AM   #792
OnixxFilth

Sounds interesting, pitseleh. I may just have to check it out for myself!
Old 04-13-2005, 11:16 PM   #793
AlKilyu

Hero.

Wow.

Better than Crouching Tiger... and I am a HUGE Chow Yun Fat fan(atic).

I did not read the back of the box before watching it, glad I did. Actually EPS and I were at Blockbuster, doing the 'buy two get on free' thing, and she handed it to me and said "You are buying this."

Ok.

Didn't want to, but I did. And I am glad I did.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:03 AM   #794
creepylittleshit

Last movie I saw was a horror flick called May.

Its about this little deranged girl. It was an awesome flick. Its supposed to be scary I guess but if you have a sick sense of humor its funny as hell.
creepylittleshit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 12:08 AM   #795
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TStone
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
Hero.

Wow.

Better than Crouching Tiger... and I am a HUGE Chow Yun Fat fan(atic).

I did not read the back of the box before watching it, glad I did. Actually EPS and I were at Blockbuster, doing the 'buy two get on free' thing, and she handed it to me and said "You are buying this."

Ok.

Didn't want to, but I did. And I am glad I did.
I thought EPS and Manimal gave this the same scathing review...wtf? Am I smoking teh dope again?

err...or is this the circa 90's Dustin Hoffman flick, which I absolutely loved?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimal
I watched Hero last night. It was alright but the overuse of color theme and extreme dreamlike wire work got to be a bit tiresome. Plus we figured out that if you sped up the soundtrack to Hero by about double then you get the soundtrack to the Spongebob Xbox game.

The arrow flying scenes were neat though. And both of the female characters were very much yummy... even after they were dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimal
I watched Hero last night.
f u for inviting me over to watch that there pal. :x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
I also watched 'Hero' last week, and it took my breath away in another manner. Zhang Yimou is an amazing director and this movie was beautiful and stirring in a totally different way. I can't wait to see ' House of Flying Daggers'.

Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 12:17 AM   #796
AlKilyu

Sorry T, but you got

Old 04-14-2005, 12:55 AM   #797
MrMaelstrom

Ghost In The Shell II - BEST SEQUEL EVER - stands up to Ghost In the Shell (original) and AKIRA!!!!!!

and the chanting...... ....... *tgrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr r...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr r...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. ..
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.. .
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

*purrs
Old 04-14-2005, 01:56 AM   #798
akhira

Mael's right. Ghost in the Shell I , II and Stand Alone Complex own on so many levels.
Old 04-14-2005, 04:36 AM   #799
skoteinh

I'd have to agree with T, I don't think Hero was such a great film. Ok, great photography-cinematography, costumes, but the story was thin.
Still, fun to watch - once.

I saw The Interpreter (starring Nicole Kidman and Sean Penn)
It was interesting to watch, had a good plot, impeccable acting and action. Plus some political messages on the side. I found though that it promotes the UN, when we know that they are not that efficient. And the last 5-10 minutes of the film were a bit boring.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:31 AM   #800
OnixxFilth

Ooh, I loved May! I watched it with my boyfriend, and he musta thought I was some kinda psycho because I kept snickering and giggling when May'd kill someone. I guess I could kinda relate to May because I was made fun of a lot when I was younger because of my "buck teeth", which were subsequently fixed with braces.