Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 02-16-2007, 09:35 PM   #1
BLEED REBELION!!!

Be "lady like"

This is by far one of the most hated things that is said to me, "Be lady like". BLAAHH BLAAA BLAAAH. Maybe I don’t want to be lady like. I don’t want to wear a dress or act girly or be a dumb little dits. Most of my friends are guys because lets face it allot of females hate my guts and really I don’t wanna deal with them. I've usually get treated like one of the guys simply because I fit in with them easy. I fight, I spit, I curse, etc and I like acting the way I do.. I have a few more female friends then I used to (there are 4 of them). And its mostly old people who come to me with the lady like bull shit, they might say something like, “acting that way is not becoming or attractive “. since when do I care about being “attractive” . I’m going to do what I do, you can love it or hate it but I aint gonna change it. It really makes me mad that I supposed to act a certain way because of my gender. Because of my looks I’m obviously a girl but why cant every one just fucking get over it? I like to be rough and crazy I hate to wear a dress ,I just want to do what I like?

" I love 4play! Its the best thing I've ever done"
- My Boyfriend
BLEED REBELION!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 09:56 PM   #2
Godslayer Jillian

And this is in the Politics section because...

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 11:33 PM   #3
Frankenscott

I blame the Bush administration
Frankenscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 11:36 PM   #4
MollyMac

If Anna Nicole were here, she;d know how to handle this. Where is Bobby Trendy when you need some clarity, I ask you????
Old 02-17-2007, 06:34 AM   #5
Panther

Location: The middle of nowhere, on the outskirts of the boonies.
I know! This is a rant about feminism.

In denying that we have a uterus, we're furthering women's rights.

Or maybe the lack of paragraph breaks is helping her to understand the way politics work?

Perhaps it's here to point out that a child was, in fact, left behind.
Will we stroll dreaming of the lost America of love
past blue automobiles in driveways, home to our silent
cottage?
-Allen Ginsberg, A Supermarket in California
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 07:10 AM   #6
BLEED REBELION!!!

I was think this belonged in the politics section thats why its here.

I'm not denying that I have a uterus, I'm just saying that I dont want people telling me that I cant do something just becaus I'm a girl.
Didnt think this would get flamed but oh well...
But even if the post was some what crappy does any one see my point?

- My Boyfriend
Old 02-17-2007, 07:22 AM   #7
Vyvian Blackthorne

Talking

oH palease Rebellion, watch your langueage. Don't talk with your mouth full! Please be lady-like!
Vyvian Blackthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 07:28 AM   #8
Delicate_Torture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenscott
I blame the Bush administration
ROFLMMFAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLEED REBELION!!!
I was think this belonged in the politics section thats why its here.
And I think that I belong in a size 12... and yet that is not going to happen. Thinking something does not make it true, and this thread has nothing to do with politics. It should be in the Whining section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLEED REBELION!!!
I'm not denying that I have a uterus, I'm just saying that I dont want people telling me that I cant do something just becaus I'm a girl.
Didnt think this would get flamed but oh well...
But even if the post was some what crappy does any one see my point?
I do see your point. I think also that just because somebody acts in a lady-like manner it doesn't mean that there is anything that they can't do. There is just a certain elegance and... well, manner.. that they will bring to the task.

You might find the website of The Lady Of The Manners interesting. And it is very very funny.
Gothic Charm School
Old 02-17-2007, 10:49 AM   #9
Mir

Be all manly and masquerade around as the inferior half of the human race. Its your call.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 11:17 AM   #10
killer_asian_Dax

I see your point, but why even let it get to you? I hear it about 20 times a day, but I just ignore them. I'll wear a dress when I get good and ready to. I'll stop cursing when I have kids (maybe). Just go on with your bad self and pay no attention to those who feel it's their "duty" to give you their 2 cents. They'll never shut up about it so don't give them the satisfaction of knowing that it's getting to you.

Just like that's the way they are- you're the way you are. So leave it at that.

And this really doesn't belong in the politics section as it has nothing to do with actual politics and everything to do with your opinion/rant. Opinions/rants go in the whining section because after you've talked yourself til you're blue in the face- it's all still just your opinion.

My crappy Myspace
killer_asian_Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 01:13 PM   #11
Godslayer Jillian

Mir, I love you.
Bleed, no one can stop you from deciding to not be elegant.
Personally I prefer a world with ladies and sissies than a world with tomboys and men.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 02:09 PM   #12
MollyMac

I prefer a world where people can live as they choose and not as proscribed.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:41 PM   #13
DarkHeartedDemoness

Which wouldn't be against what Jilli was saying, despite your implications.

He's saying that he would prefer if delicate and feminine was the norm. Everyone wants something different, and just because such-and-such is the norm, or even just because so-and-so wants such-and-such to be the norm, doesn't mean you have to comply.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 08:38 AM   #14
CptSternn

I never figured out why women in the states get so crazy about this very issue. Like the ERA amendment from the 70's and the whole 'Ill open my own door and pay for my own dinner' types you run across.

I mean, by all means be independent, but that being said, in the end most men are trying to be nice, chivalrous even, and to throw it back in their face like they are trying to give you the plague seems to be in bad form.

I mean, if women wanted to open the door for me and all I had to do was wear a nice suit, I'd be suited up prior to any social outing.

That being said I think its also safe to say men prefer the effeminate look over a women scratching their furry legs through their pants suit while picking their teeth with their car keys.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 06:08 PM   #15
BLEED REBELION!!!

"scratching their furry legs through their pants suit while picking their teeth with their car keys."

I do neither of these.

"by all means be independent, but that being said, in the end most men are trying to be nice, chivalrous even, and to throw it back in their face like they are trying to give you the plague seems to be in bad form."

If someone opens the door for me I say thank you. I dont have a Problem with chivalry, I just don’t like when people assume that Im going to cry at every little bruise or scratch. Chivalry isn’t the problem, it doesn’t bother me. I don’t mind being feminine, but I like to have fun I like to do stunts etc. For me its when it comes to physical things that people talk shit about, really I don’t care about bruises or anything like that. If I wanna do flips off the roof don’t use the fact that im a girl as a reason to say I shouldn’t (as if you couldn’t come up with a million other reasons).

- My Boyfriend
Old 02-18-2007, 06:53 PM   #16
L1feOnM4rs

Bleed, you're only 15. Slow down. Two years from now no one will care how you act. Kids your age will stop being so judgmental as they get older. Your parents and other adults will stop trying to mold you so much and let you be your own person. And even if some people still judge, you'll be older too, the pressure will be off, and you won't care the slightest bit about what they think. Its good that you're independent and unwilling to accept the status quo, but calm down just a bit; things will change soon. Eventually you won't even differentiate between "masculine" and "feminine." You'll just be you, and you'll find that there are a lot of other people who will appreciate you for it. Really.
L1feOnM4rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 07:50 PM   #17
LaKeesha

Well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1feOnM4rs
Bleed, you're only 15. Slow down. Two years from now no one will care how you act. Kids your age will stop being so judgmental as they get older. Your parents and other adults will stop trying to mold you so much and let you be your own person. And even if some people still judge, you'll be older too, the pressure will be off, and you won't care the slightest bit about what they think. Its good that you're independent and unwilling to accept the status quo, but calm down just a bit; things will change soon. Eventually you won't even differentiate between "masculine" and "feminine." You'll just be you, and you'll find that there are a lot of other people who will appreciate you for it. Really.

Yeah, I was going to say something to that effect but you just did.
Thank you.
I believe that even though I personally had sort of a rough young life, that was then and not so common. Now days, I believe that it a much harder way for kids.
You have them being much more judgmental and mean to each other.
They are pushed by the media, I guess, to grow up too darn fast.
LaKeesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 08:05 PM   #18
ArtificialOne

Yeah... I geuss I should post this in the rant and bitch section. But I hate when I try to be nice for people and they look at me like I'm going to eat their kids...

Stupid humans.... I'm going to leave their kids alone and eat them!!!!

lmao!!!

“More persons, on the whole, are humbugged by believing in nothing, than by believing too much”
P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
http://www.myspace.com/lifeasartificial
ArtificialOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 10:28 PM   #19
BLEED REBELION!!!

YAY people that say nice thinks on my thread!

- My Boyfriend
Old 02-18-2007, 10:57 PM   #20
Mir

Bleed: And things too.

Jillian: *blush*
Old 02-18-2007, 11:03 PM   #21
BLEED REBELION!!!

ahhh damb damb damb typo's ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

- My Boyfriend
Old 02-18-2007, 11:06 PM   #22
Mir

And I'm completely pro-choice, intended for those for whom my initial post caused any confusion.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:44 AM   #23
Panther

Location: The middle of nowhere, on the outskirts of the boonies.
It's funny, when you get older, taking a more masculine appearance can actually be helpful. Not the grungy skateboarder type of dress, but people seem to respect a woman wearing a pantsuit more than a lady's suit with a skirt. Women who wear jeans and aren't afraid to go out and play with the boys do better than the girly girls, as far as I can tell.

The only real reason you got flames was the improper placement of the thread, and the way the thread was written. A well placed paragraph break does wonders.
Will we stroll dreaming of the lost America of love
past blue automobiles in driveways, home to our silent
cottage?
-Allen Ginsberg, A Supermarket in California
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:14 AM   #24
KontanKarite

Hate to be a devil's advocate, but this could also be a "gender roll" social outlook thread. In which case, it would probably be okay where it's at. But still not entirely in the right place.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:14 PM   #25
Tin_Lizzie

I believe that the young one is trying to express her innate Feminism, which is a political issue.

When I was growing up, I was also annoyed with women telling me how to be A Lady as if it were a marketable skill. I thought I was going to puke if I had to smile through another lecture about “You young girls don’t know how to…” (blah, blah, blah). Ha! Maybe I didn’t want to be taken advantage of by the system. Miss Rebellion, you can always practice the Art of Selective Listening. Because it doesn’t get any better. I couldn’t tell you how much unwanted fashion advice I’ve received over the decades, in addition to advice on keeping a man happy, career advice and vague warnings. I can’t tell you because I politely nod while I go to a Happy Place in my head. Learn that skill, it’s invaluable.

What’s so bad about wearing a skirt? I love my tomboy skirts that I can wear mountain climbing if I want to. Look at all the Scotsmen who wear kilts. Skirts are not so feminine. Besides, it really annoys the old ladies when you wear a dress with sneakers, which is my favorite look. That is, when I’m not wearing a skirt with my combat boots or clumpy shoes. Panyhose and pumps are for wimps
Tin_Lizzie is offline   Reply With Quote