Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 10-31-2006, 06:22 AM   #1
Slap Your Love

Guitar Hero

=] This is a great game. Addictive, a few good song I actually like and its only like $60 USD for the whole system. Also Guitar Hero 2 is coming out soon. Does anyone else play this? or have heard of it?
Old 01-13-2007, 06:32 PM   #2
Temptation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap Your Love
=] This is a great game. Addictive, a few good song I actually like and its only like $60 USD for the whole system. Also Guitar Hero 2 is coming out soon. Does anyone else play this? or have heard of it?
Yea it is a great game, very addictive and fun. I liked most of the songs on both of the games, but they could put more metal and/or gothic music on it. Maybe put on some more Pantera, and a little bit of The Cure, or SOM. The game would be perfect then.
Temptation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 10:50 AM   #3
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Yes, I do agree it's addictive. My brother, myself, and even my FATHER like to play it. My brother even brought his TV, his PS2 and his game to our grandmother's on the other side of the state so he could play it. It's fun game. Although I suck at it. It's still fun.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 10:17 PM   #4
luna-

I love videogames, and GH is a great one. I love it, like most of the songs, but can't advance because of the riffs. I hate riffs, I just don't get them.
luna- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 11:09 PM   #5
Tumor

I'm actually thinking of getting #2. It's supposed to have a Dethklok song in it...
Tumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 11:54 AM   #6
Temptation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumor
I'm actually thinking of getting #2. It's supposed to have a Dethklok song in it...
It does, Thunderhorse, its awesome to play on expert mode. It's a bonus song though, so you can't play it on easy.
Temptation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 04:33 PM   #7
Mir

Just a question for you folks. Why not just play the real thing? And I mean the guitar.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 05:21 PM   #8
luna-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir
Just a question for you folks. Why not just play the real thing? And I mean the guitar.
Oh, I do, and I don't doubt many people that own the game do too. The real thing, though, doesn't include a band, audience, and points, and bonus fun challenging your friends. Also, you don't really have to know how to play the songs, and some are really difficult even in the game.
luna- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 11:02 PM   #9
L1feOnM4rs

I was actually really disappointed with the set list for Guitar Hero 2. The only songs I really like are "Search and Destroy" "Misrilou" "You Really Got Me" and "Thunderhorse." I feel like the first one had a much better selection. GH2 has all of these bland, generic "rock" songs. You know, that kind of music that can only be described as "rock," not goth rock not punk rock not alternative rock not glam rock, not classic rock, not folk rock, just plain "rock." BORING.
L1feOnM4rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 11:37 PM   #10
Panther

Location: The middle of nowhere, on the outskirts of the boonies.
Yeah, I wasn't terribly impressed with the second one myself. . .but the first one was like crack.
Will we stroll dreaming of the lost America of love
past blue automobiles in driveways, home to our silent
cottage?
-Allen Ginsberg, A Supermarket in California
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote