Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 02-06-2010, 02:31 PM   #51
CarrionCorpse

To each his own.

I like the idea of irony in fashion.
CarrionCorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:19 PM   #52
emeraldlonewoulf

Good heavens. This has become quite a discussion. Why not make a bullet belt that has fluffy fabric bullets? you know, with hearts and flowers and gingham and shit? Maybe a couple out of faux rabbit fur? hell, you could even stuff them with potpourri. How's that for irony?

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
emeraldlonewoulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 04:38 PM   #53
CarrionCorpse

haha.
I like the kind of irony that makes sense. Like an atheist wearing a rosary or a Satanist dressing up as a nun or even... A pascifist wearing a bullet belt.
But maybe those don't even make sense... Maybe it's all just really dumb. And then I think, "ITS JUST FUCKING FASHION WY DOES IT MATTER!"

But whatever! No one can say anything on hear without getting completely bombarded about having a different opinion..
Old 02-07-2010, 09:06 PM   #54
Quantumbleaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Exactly, I don't know him. Why the fuck should he bitch so much about my opinion of him?
However, I'm still right, and that's my opinion of what I know of him. OF course you're gonna defend him; you're the friend of that loser. Should I bring my friends to the forum to make me somehow right by majority vote, or are we bigger than that? BlindNSect asked me why SoD pisses me off. I answered. It's cool how that shit works, huh? Hardcore logic at work here.
Wait, you have friends you can bring to this forum? I didnt expect a douche sitting on a crack built tower of his own bloated ego trip had the capacity to talk to people with enough decency to have them like you. Im surprised your narrow minded views allow you to have friends, or think people are "worthy enough" to be your friends. I figured your life consisted of you, a body length mirror and a bottle of lotion. Come off it prick.
Quantumbleaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:10 AM   #55
Still Jack

I couldn't be asked to answer at first but now I just can't resist. Granted, it may be a tad contradictory for a pacifist to wear a bullet belt, but then it's equally contradictory for a vegitarian to wear leather.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:36 AM   #56
Stormtrooper of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrionCorpse View Post
Oh god Alan, bug off already. Why the fuck does it even matter really? When you think about it, you will never see him wear it if he ever does get one, you never have to actually talk to him in person, and, in all honesty, it doesn't matter what you say because he'll do what he wants anyway! I don't see the big bloody deal! It's a belt! So what if you think it doesn't match his beliefs, it's what HE wants to do. Has absolutely nothing to do with you. So call him a 'wannabe' with the wrong politics and the wrong ideas all you want, because HE knows who he is and that he is real, and the people who give a shit about him know it too.

Kyle, were going to buy you a bullet belt this week if it's the last bloody thing I do. It'll look nice, and quite frankly, I want one too (even though I'm a pascifist O.o).
OK, let me know when we're going, my vehicle is back up and running again. Thanks for the backup guys, it helps knowing there are some good friends left in this world.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:18 AM   #57
Quantumbleaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
I couldn't be asked to answer at first but now I just can't resist. Granted, it may be a tad contradictory for a pacifist to wear a bullet belt, but then it's equally contradictory for a vegitarian to wear leather.
Good point. Couldnt it also be considered that wearing a bullet belt is a sign of really being pacifist. Using something for a purpose it is compleatly unintended for. Ment for war, made into an accesory. idk : |
Quantumbleaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:27 AM   #58
Amunet

I think this is so comical.... I used to have a bullet belt, and to be honest, there was no fucking motive behind wearing it, other than I liked it because it was different. I actually stole it from my dad because he used to wear it on stage when he was performing local shows and shit, the thing was so heavy, you would think it was made of real bullets.
The fact that an article of clothing, or accessory has turned into a "ulterior meaning" debate, is fucking hilarious and ridiculous, and I personally think that fashion, is fashion, and if someone likes the way something looks then there's no discussion to be had. The fucking egos here are amazing. Why does everything have to have some fucking incredible intellectual purpose behind a decision?

Just my opinion. SOD you get that bullet belt, I think it will look great and you will be satisfied with the result. All political, religious, or other beliefs aside, its an accessory, not a life changing item folks.

Live according to your own standards.
please.
Amunet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:41 AM   #59
JCC

Fashion can't make a statement or have a motive? That's pretty obtuse.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:04 AM   #60
Amunet

it can have motive and make a statement, but everyone assumes that this is always the intent of the person wearing, buying or discussing it.
Some people have a tendency to assume that just because someone chooses to wear something that they have this crazy meaning for it. why is it this huge deal that he wants a fucking bullet belt?! lol. I think whatever makes him happy, he should get, without getting shit for it. come on
Old 02-08-2010, 10:29 AM   #61
Stormtrooper of Death

Thanks Amunet, I agree completly with what you are saying.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:00 AM   #62
Alan

It's really stupid to think that a decision has no motive. Hell, how the fuck can you pride yourself in an argument which basically states "I am right in this because I am stupid enough to deny my subconscious, to deny my semiotics."
If the choice is purely aesthetic, then why don't you simply paint silver stripes into a black belt? Looks the same as a bullet belt. Even paint them to look like bullets. But no, I'm pretty sure what you want IS a bullet belt proper. So stop with the half-assed rationalization that a decision does not have a motif.

Also, JCC and Jack have shown to understand this, so that gives ethos to my stance.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:08 AM   #63
Amunet

its pretty stupid to think that your opinion is the only correct one. Hi,did anyone even ask SOD why he wanted a bullet belt? HE LIKES THE LOOK OF IT!
weird. End of explanation. look at his response to my little rant. He agrees. Conversation over. So stop trying to validate your fucking useless point when it has no bearing on the decision he is making regarding an accessory. Jesus fucking christ, GROW THE FUCK UP and stop turning everything into a fucking argument. It's pathetic that so many people on here have this fucking holier than thou attitude, and can't let someone make a decision based on their own feelings about the subject.

disgusting.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:14 AM   #64
Alan

Your only response is half-assed curses to my objection of your 'argument' and I'm the one who doesn't accept other opinions?
Grow up.

God damn it, SoD also agreed with Joker's theory of why he wants a bullet belt. He's just fucking agreeing with anyone who will retroactively find a justification for his fashion statement. Fuck, they're even mutually exclusive: first he agrees with someone who explains that his meaning is deep, political, and consistent; THEN he agrees with you who says it has no meaning.
real classy
Old 02-08-2010, 11:19 AM   #65
Amunet

its fashion. not a world class debate. I'm merely stating that people make a huge deal out of something that doesn't mean ANYTHING.

Why does it matter. he wants a bullet belt, and its his decision for whatever motivation or non motivation. there's no getting around that. it affects no one else but him. I'm laughing at this point, because there's no point to arguing about something so trivial.

:: shaking head in bewilderment ::

wow
Old 02-08-2010, 01:54 PM   #66
CarrionCorpse

Amunet, I think I am in love with you.

It IS just fashion, thank god someone gets it besides us. hah.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:22 PM   #67
JCC

What is JUST fashion? How do you define JUST fashion? Everyone's fashion reflects their personality somehow, and I know that when I see someone wearing a bullet belt, I instinctively think "asshole". If they're wearing a Crass t-shirt and a bullet belt, I instinctively think "stupid asshole". Stormtrooper of Death's poor choice of accessory makes me think that he is a stupid asshole before I have even spoken to the guy, so what is JUST fashion?
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:46 PM   #68
CarrionCorpse

Then I guess were all just assholes.
Is that what you want to hear?
Because I have absolutely no problem saying it.
I'm an ass, SoD is an ass, whatever.
If I see someone wearing something I think looks stupid I make a comment on it too, but I always remember I'm not the one wearing it.
It's called individual taste dude.
We all just gotta deal with it.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:36 PM   #69
Alan

So? We're not complaining about individual taste. I would applaud someone that dresses like crap but knows precisely why he likes dressing like crap.
real classy
Old 02-08-2010, 09:49 PM   #70
Joker_in_the_Pack

To clarify, I was not explaining why SoD does what he does. That's a mystery for the ages, and not a particularly thrilling one. I was simply giving an example of why a pacifist would wear a bullet belt.

Personally, in spite of the fact I'm quite tickled by the idea that I wear a bullet belt as a pacifist, did not get it for the irony. I bought it because I'm trying to create a certain aesthetic. Studs, spikes, bullets, safety pins, torn clothing, bleach stains, etc. It gives a very dissonant appearance. The look is very harsh, cold, and aggressive. Occasionally I'll throw in tight fake leather pants or sporadic bursts of color, to add to a general chaotic effect. I suppose the artistic (yes, fashion is art, if not the best medium) influence would be a reflection of the world around. Furthermore, I suppose that it's partially a rejection of the notion that everything has to be "neat". Do my creative experimentation with fashion occasionally cause me to look like a douche bag? I'm sure people say so, but I've never been dissatisfied with my creations.

That's my reason, if we're going to start analyzing the reason behind fashion. SoD could be right with me, or totally the opposite end. I don't personally care, but PLEASE don't just say you agree with me. If you want to say why you like them, write your own explanation. If you pop up and say "ditto!" so help me I'll join Alan and the bunch in flaming you to a crisp.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:04 PM   #71
Cosmicgaunt

Let me clarify this discussion for you, you are arguing about a BELT.
Dark petalled sensitive plants scuttle over carpets.
Black statuettes animate square heads firestokers.
Skewer me in flame.
~Nightgaunts
Cosmicgaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:23 PM   #72
Alan

Actually Sect asked me why I dislike SoD, so the theme is SoD as exemplified by even small decisions, such as a belt.
real classy
Old 02-09-2010, 05:55 AM   #73
Amunet

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrionCorpse View Post
Amunet, I think I am in love with you.

It IS just fashion, thank god someone gets it besides us. hah.
aww shucks! lol thanks girl.

I think there's a few people here who do truly understand that it's fashion, and that this argument is pointless. Alan hates SOD and he uses pretty much every opportunity he can to belittle him, so I wouldn't place to much value on what he has to say about this topic...

I wish some people could really learn that old saying... you know "Pick your battles"

because while they may be intelligent, putting someone down, even with a good argument, at every turn, makes them seem like they always need to 1 up people, and it really has that backfiring effect.

Moderation is a wonderful thing.

Ciao!
Old 02-09-2010, 06:24 AM   #74
Cicero

I hate guns with too much of a passion to ever wear a bullet belt.

Spending the early months of your life in a warzone does that to you.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:44 AM   #75
Stormtrooper of Death

This whole thread has gotten way too out of hand here. Amunet, CarrionCorpse, thank you for seeing my view of things. Cosmicgaunt is right Alan, you're getting a thing way overblown over an accessory here.

To answer a question, I like bullet belts because I THINK THEY LOOK NICE AND ADD A NICE TOUCH TO WHATEVER CLOTHES I'M WEARING!!! That's it dude, there's no other way to explain it. I also like the look of the belt because alot of the bands I like and listen to wear them. Suprise suprise. Sepultura, Napalm Death, Destroy!, Disrupt, Apocalypse, Nausea, Extreme Noise Terror, the list goes on.

I could go into a whole discussion why I choose to dress a certain way and all that other shit, but what's the point. I do it because I want to. I've gotten to the point on here where I'm starting to care less and less about what you say Alan. I've got real life friends, several of which happen to psot here, you don't matter to me, they do, and they always will matter alot to me, not you.