Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 03-22-2007, 06:34 AM   #126
Lykaios

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
Really? Who? People who you not only don't know and never met you deem more 'goth'? Coming from a person in manilla, thats rich. Good scene down there, eh? Funny, never saw a manilla club listed on the VICL.

Are are thick. You REALLY have never been to a real club have you? Oh yeah, your underage, meaning you haven't.

Also, if you visited the said links earlier, you would have seen the venues I run, book for, and do tours for. You wouldn't be asking, again, in this post.

But I do love it when a pre-teen wanna be blow-in trys to act smart. Emphasis on the word 'act'.
You know, a good majority (from what I saw) of the bands listed on that site you posted earlier are industrial, ambient, etc., and not Goth. Clan of Xymox is arguable, even.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:03 AM   #127
Mir

Hail Karl Marx and Stalin.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 03:39 PM   #128
Binkie

Quote:
Are are thick. You REALLY have never been to a real club have you? Oh yeah, your underage, meaning you haven't.
Wow... have YOU ever been to a club? At 80-90% of them, it's 18 to dance, 21 to drink.

Quote:
Also, if you visited the said links earlier, you would have seen the venues I run, book for, and do tours for. You wouldn't be asking, again, in this post.
Right, and if you scroll back through the posts, you'd see Sternn claiming to OWN a gay night club. The one that apparently there are no records of existing. That was of course before it went out of business and he did pro-bono work for anti-Gay Islamic groups like Hezbollah.

Quote:
But I do love it when a pre-teen wanna be blow-in trys to act smart. Emphasis on the word 'act'.
"Act smart," huh? You sure are a whiz at math, aren't you, Sternn? Valerius' profile indicates an age of 19. Please let everyone know, since you're obviously such a genius, how that equates to... wait, let me get the textbook definition here:

"A preadolescent boy or girl (usually between 9 and 12 years of age)"
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 03:40 PM   #129
Binkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykaios
You know, a good majority (from what I saw) of the bands listed on that site you posted earlier are industrial, ambient, etc., and not Goth. Clan of Xymox is arguable, even.
Shhh... He still thinks he's on a rivethead forum.
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Old 03-22-2007, 06:26 PM   #130
Vako

Capitalism is for grown-ups.
Vako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:29 PM   #131
Lykaios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vako
Capitalism is for grown-ups.
I have to disagree strongly with that.

Capitalism creates a ruling class and a working class, in which the working class does all the work, while the ruling class reaps all the benefits. The working class is thus forced to live a much poorer quality of life than the ruling class.

In short, it's for the greedy, selfish, and uncaring, but not the grown-ups.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:00 PM   #132
Vako

We will have to agree to disagree on that one. I despise Communism, but thanks for sharing your point of view.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:18 PM   #133
ArtificialOne

Well, unlike communism that makes everyone poor and starving. Capitalism gives people the chance to change and grow in their lives and not live according to a plan orchestrated by bureaucrats.

The bad thing about capitalism is, that the have nots and poor are prayed on by a certain politcal party <dems>, to be be taught that they are entitled to things they haven't earned or are not willing to strive for.

In capitalism anyone with the skills and the will to do better, can. If not then they fail because they can't. And it's there fault. Where in communism you are stuck where you are because that was what someone else choose for you.

There are pro's and con's for all. But I rather live in a society that I have a chance for a better life then one in which there's no hope at all at changing you position in life.

I'm sure there's hundreds of thousands of rice farmers in china that would love to speak to you on the pro's of communism and how better off they are for getting handouts from the govt.

“More persons, on the whole, are humbugged by believing in nothing, than by believing too much”
P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
http://www.myspace.com/lifeasartificial

Last edited by ArtificialOne; 03-22-2007 at 10:19 PM. Reason: bad spelling
ArtificialOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:50 PM   #134
Valerius

Sternn, you're a dumb shit. Plain and simple. I don't know what kind of pile of shit you've wriggled out from, but all my reasoning has failed to even have an effect on your being a moron.

Underage, eh? I'm 19 you pathetic excuse for an inbred swine.

And yes, I am smart and you are not. Wanna know why? Because I schooled you about communism, and when you saw you couldn't win you resorted to your being a scene queen and comparing scenes from the around the world.

This is the internet, we're not in a club or popping drugs, so all your boasts about being 'uber-leet clubz0rz h@x0rz' really amounts to nothing.

Yes, there are relatively few goths in Manila, but I don't need any valediction from you just to know what I am. I don't need to be dancing or popping pillz just to be goth (by your definition) or who I am. And I certainly don't need to be asking you to be labeling be as a goth just to make me feel good, so quit it with the 'scene' bullshit because you're making yourself look like there's a huge lump of rock where there should be a brain in that head of yours.

This thread is about COMMUNISM, not how stupid you're making yourself look to be, sternn.

So, madame sternn, let's not be all PMS-y and get back on topic eh? If you're nice, I will, in fact, help you - using a crowbar and some butter - get that oversized head of yours from out of that cock-loving, STD-infested ass of yours. Cross my heart. I promise.

ANYWAY, before you-know-who-whose-malicious-self-serving comments-I-will-now-ignore further muddles up things in this otherwise interesting topic, I will go on to say I've said my points on Communism. I give it a thumb down.

-Oscar Van den Boogaard, Dutch pacifist
Valerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 03:59 AM   #135
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerius
Sternn, you're a dumb shit. Plain and simple. I don't know what kind of pile of shit you've wriggled out from, but all my reasoning has failed to even have an effect on your being a moron.
Personal attacks and profanity laden insults - the last bastion of a simple man in a losing debate.

Quote:
Underage, eh? I'm 19 you pathetic excuse for an inbred swine.
Thats still underage in many countries.

Quote:
Yes, there are relatively few goths in Manila, but I don't need any valediction from you just to know what I am. I don't need to be dancing or popping pillz just to be goth (by your definition) or who I am. And I certainly don't need to be asking you to be labeling be as a goth just to make me feel good
Heh, 'valediction'? For someone who claims to be so smart, ye have a very loose grasp on the English language. Is that part of the 'schooling' ye are referring to? Also, when did drug use come into this? Could that be the root of this diatribe? Maybe you should look into counciling - I think your confusing two different cultures here. You don't see those sorts at g/i events, something if you had ever been to a real event you would know.

Funny thing - you live in a country with no goth clubs, no go nights, events, or even bands, a country that has never had a major g/i record label even book a tour there, well, what am I saying - this is the reason you know nothing about the argument you claim to know SO much about.

But hey, once you graduate from university, or should I say IF, you might consider moving to a country where they have a scene (or even REAL goths) - then you can comment all you want on your views, about clubs, 'the scene', and so much else you obviously have never even seen or experienced in real life.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 05:45 AM   #136
Lykaios

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialOne
Well, unlike communism that makes everyone poor and starving. Capitalism gives people the chance to change and grow in their lives and not live according to a plan orchestrated by bureaucrats.

The bad thing about capitalism is, that the have nots and poor are prayed on by a certain politcal party <dems>, to be be taught that they are entitled to things they haven't earned or are not willing to strive for.

In capitalism anyone with the skills and the will to do better, can. If not then they fail because they can't. And it's there fault. Where in communism you are stuck where you are because that was what someone else choose for you.

There are pro's and con's for all. But I rather live in a society that I have a chance for a better life then one in which there's no hope at all at changing you position in life.

I'm sure there's hundreds of thousands of rice farmers in china that would love to speak to you on the pro's of communism and how better off they are for getting handouts from the govt.
I was never advocating communism. So, you're use of it in your argument is pretty much worthless.

I'd rather have an economic system based off something like the labor theory of value. Possibly a mutualist system, maybe.
Old 03-23-2007, 04:01 PM   #137
Binkie

Quote:
If you're nice, I will, in fact, help you - using a crowbar and some butter - get that oversized head of yours from out of that cock-loving, STD-infested ass of yours. Cross my heart. I promise.
Z-I-N-G!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-23-2007, 04:24 PM   #138
ArtificialOne

Wel, You can't back down from what you said already. You were in fact advocating for communism.

And as far as your last post... I go back to talk with the farmers. I'm sure they will see your point of view on the so called economics of it.

I don't say democracy or capitalism is the best. It just seems to work better than the others.. And it suits us in the states just fine.

“More persons, on the whole, are humbugged by believing in nothing, than by believing too much”
P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
Old 03-23-2007, 07:31 PM   #139
Valerius

Well, sternn, am I living in other countries? Nope, right here 18 is legal age. So, that puts you on the wrong right now.

As far as pretending to be smart goes, let me list down all the follies you've done in this thread;

-Claimed that I'm underage when I'm perfectly of legal age. Where're your math skills?

-Actually admitted to being 'pretentious', which means you like to pretend. So, who's pretending now, huh?

-Couldn't offer a sound argument for communism when everyone here's been taking a nice stroll all over your face.

-You started the name calling here when you called us 'bitches'.

-Pulled out of your ass some two-bit industrial names just to get your cock-loving ass out of the grave you dug for yourself

-Proven yourself to be perfect for K-K-K membership

Now, you talk like as if the airplane hasn't been invented. Do you actually think I'm stuck here? Do you not even think that I've had my fair share of travelling around the States and other Asian countries sampling of their fine scenery? I understand news must come slow if you've been living under a rock all your life. But, the plane was invented a hundred years ago, sternn. We don't travel continents by foot anymore.

And, as for valediction. I bet when you saw that you had to take a look at the dictionary just to know the meaning, huh? Yes, I follied on that, but you get the gist of what I'm saying.

As for losing this argument, let's try and take a look at what you've tried to offer for communsm;

-Zero. Nadda. Nothing.

Who's losing now, huh? In this whole topic regarding COMMUNISM, a large chunk (who're more goth than you, and I can bet my life and a bullet to the head on that) wholly disagree with you.

Andrew Eldritch would be disappointed in you, sternn.

You've certainly taken us on a wild ride by first trying to defend communism, then comparing it to the USA, then pulling these industrial (note, INDUSTRIAL, not gothic) bands out of your ass just to save face, then trying to attack our person by trying to insinuate we aren't goth then calling us names and finally - which is the worst insult against that 'Andrew Eldritch' rank of yours - being a total moron.

If you were in a formal debate you'd have been laughed out of the team.

Old 03-23-2007, 07:36 PM   #140
Lykaios

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialOne
Wel, You can't back down from what you said already. You were in fact advocating for communism.

And as far as your last post... I go back to talk with the farmers. I'm sure they will see your point of view on the so called economics of it.

I don't say democracy or capitalism is the best. It just seems to work better than the others.. And it suits us in the states just fine.
Well, considering I never actually said I was advocating Communism, and was simply speaking against Capitalism, I'm not exactly backing down from anything. I was just clearing that up.

I can't stand Capitalism, nor can I stand Democracy. The latter is certainly better than other forms of government that have truly been tried in the past, though.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:39 PM   #141
Lykaios

Quote:

If you were in a formal debate you'd have been laughed out of the team.
Agreed.

I have experience with formal debate. I can totally see him being "laughed out of the team" after his performance in this thread.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:07 PM   #142
Gothic.net

Please stop with the childish behaviour. If you don't like someone, or what they are saying, put them on ignore, or do your best to raise their level of civil interaction. Consider yourselves warned.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:39 AM   #143
Valerius

Alright, I will end this now.

Sternn, you've taken me on quite a round around, but, after a whole day's thinking and some peace of mind I've decided to be the bigger man in this argument and bow out. Now, don't take this as a sign I'm admitting a wrong, but, I am simply turning my back and declining any further inflammatory statements.

I just hope you'll be man enough to not pull out a blade and stab me while my back is turned. Godspeed sternn, and may you enjoy your scenery for many years to come.

Old 03-24-2007, 11:03 AM   #144
Vako

Yeah, endless back-and-forth arguing does not really accomplish anything. It just goes on... and on... and on... And in the end (if there is one) All parties involved end up being percieved as asses.

Best to engage in civil discussion or discourse. And It always helps to have a sense of humor about one's self.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:37 PM   #145
Binkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vako
Best to engage in civil discussion or discourse.
S'kinda hard when you have some mental midget running around with a mega-phone, spewing forth libel and propaganda. Sure, you can roll up your window and try to drown out the sound, but since people quote a certain troll every so-often, their wild antics are still seen and heard.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:41 AM   #146
CptSternn

I thought IGNORE was disable along with the private messaging/buddy lists (it didn't appear under the name options like it used to).

Oh hey - it IS still here under the user control panel! Wow, it works!

Alas, I won't have to read binkies posts anymore. That does make life easier sure! I do have to admit, if it wasn't for her, I would have NEVER been able to get my homepage along with my Gothic.Net profile, MySpace profile, YouTube profile, and a dozen other profiles from sites I'm a member on moved to the top of Google. The more she posts about me, the more I move up the search results.

Alas, shes on ignore so I won't be able to see her posts, but heres to hoping she will continue to talk about me so I stay on top!

Google: DJ STERNN, STERNN, CPTSTERNN, STERNN GOTH, IRELAND STERNN, and anything else you can think of - even STERN.

I couldn't have done it without daily posts from her.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:48 PM   #147
Binkie

I'll go ahead and report that post as spam.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:00 AM   #148
CptSternn

Score one for the good guys...

Chavez: Troops to escort oil takeovers

http://news.**********/s/ap/20070413...zlO7P9_4vMWM0F

CARACAS, Venezuela - President Hugo Chavez said Thursday that soldiers will accompany government officials when they take over oil projects in the Orinoco River basin next month.

Chavez has decreed that Petroleos de Venezuela SA, or PDVSA, will take a minimum 60 percent stake in four heavy-oil projects in the Orinoco River region and invited the six private companies operating there to stay on as minority partners.

"On May 1 we are going to take control of the oil fields," Chavez said. "I'm sure no transnational company is going to draw a shotgun, but we will go with the armed forces and the people."

The projects — run by BP PLC, Exxon Mobil Corp., Chevron Corp., ConocoPhillips, France's Total SA and Norway's Statoil ASA — upgrade heavy, tar-like crude into more marketable oils and are considered Venezuela's most promising. As older fields elsewhere go into decline, development of the Orinoco is seen as key to Venezuela's future production.

Negotiations over the takeover have yet to yield an agreement and are expected to be difficult as the companies seek a deal that takes into account more than $17 billion in investments and loans related to the projects.

Chavez has been given special powers by congress for 18 months to issue laws by decree in energy and other areas, which he has also used to nationalize the country's biggest telecommunications company and electricity company.

Chavez has justified the nationalizations as necessary to give the government control of sectors strategic to Venezuela's interests.

This is truly amazing, and hopefully it will spur other nations to take by the resources that have been plundered by multi-nationals.

Viva La Ché
Old 04-13-2007, 07:07 AM   #149
Vako

Quote:
Score one for the good guys...

(Hugo) Chavez: Troops to escort oil takeovers

Viva La Ché (Guevara)
You know what you look like to me, with your leftist ideology and your weird facial-hair configuration? You look like a rube. A well scrubbed, hustling rube... with a little taste. Good social connections have given you a bit of culture and some 'length of bone', but you're not more than one generation from poor white trash, are you, Cpt. Sternn? And that accent you've tried so desperately to shed? Pure North American. What's your father, dear? Is he an obese coal miner? Does he stink of the lamp? You know how quickly the boys found you... all those tedious sticky fumblings in the back seats of cars... while you could only dream of getting out... getting anywhere... getting all the way to the Emerald Isle...
Old 04-13-2007, 05:00 PM   #150
ArtificialOne

"Viva La Ché "

Really... So you are on the side of govt controlling every aspect of your life and having a mass murdering psycho as your leader?

Che has been so hyped.... But it doesn't change the fact of all the dead bodies in the ground and all his corruption... Typical Leftist dictor.

Figures you would love him stern.

P.T. Barnum

Vist me: